Truth or Dare

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Lauriam, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Okay, first off, @Scarred Nobody I went back and tried to listen to your Sweeney Todd clip again, see if it would work this time, AND IT DID! Awesome job, I loved how you had music in the background for it, it made it cool. Also, you got to be in Sweeney Todd!? :D That's awesome! And as Toby!? Man...

In other news, I've done my dare now, recording myself talking about my favorite eating experience... It's really lame, compared to yours. Like, really. You did a great job, and I'm just like "Um... I like, to eat... food?" XD But! Here it is:

Story about gravy or pie or asparagus, it's all there. XD
    We said things like "I know now, without a doubt, Kingdom Hearts, IS ASPARAGUS!" And "Aw, but I was going into Toschi Station to pick some power asparagus!" And "One Asparagus to rule them all, one asparagus to find them, one asparagus to bring them all in the darkness, bind them," and other silly, nonsensical stuff like that. And since my family has developed a language of movie quotes, we did indeed have enough to spend the ENTIRE dinner just quoting movies with 'asparagus' replacing a keyword. XD

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Yeah, it was a really odd turn of events of how I was able to play Toby. It was a fun experience and contributes a bit into how I got into another play recently. I still remember when we ran the Miracle Elixir in rehearsal when I took over and how everyone cheered me on at the end. And also when I got to start off the final ballad at closing.

Well, to be fair, you gave me a question of substance while I gave you a question about food. Can't really compare the two, haha. Still, you did a very nice job, and that gravy plate story had me in stitches. It's amazing what pride can do to the best of us, haha

My truth or dare is still open, since we started up a new page.

3. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol, well, I'm glad it made you laugh. XD I'll take a truth! :)

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

What is a movie that you enjoy even though you recognize that it's bad. Elaborate on tnat

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Hmm... A movie I enjoy, that I realize is bad... Hmm... Well, there was the 2010 A-Team.
    Amazingly fun to watch, my sister, my dad and I all went and saw it in theaters together. It was the most fun I've ever had in a theater, because you didn't have to be quiet at ALL because everyone else was just as loud as you were. Everyone was on the edge of their seats, we were all laughing and yelling and groaning because it was just a super fun movie. And then we left the theater and we were all hyped for about a week, and it still makes me happy just thinking about it.

That said, it was a terrible movie. XD Not only from a realistic standpoint (Dude there is no way they survived that tank scene, even if they are the A-Team), but from the standpoint of a fan of the original series from the 80's. And I am. I've seen every episode of the A-Team, even the embarrassing fifth season where they tried something different and it flopped, and I've seen most of the episodes at least twice and many of them several times each. The movie just... lacked the spirit of the team. They got the characters all wrong. Hannibal didn't have his trademark sense of humor and devil-may-care attitude, Face lost his suave smooth-talking ability to talk his way out of every situation, they did that whole "Finding himself" partial pacifist BA, and even Murdock, who they got the most right out of everyone, was missing something important... Of course, with that last one, my idolization of Dwight Schultz, one of my favorite actors and the original Murdock, might have left me a bit biased. XD

Aside from the portrayal of characters, the spirit of the show was missing, and they just got too much stuff wrong. The show was actually extremely light-hearted, even comical, while the movie was actually a little dark. They completely butchered Lynch, making him some sort of evil black-ops spy when in the show, he was the comically bumbling begrudged colonel who had a score to settle with Hannibal after they all broke out of his prison. And I didn't like the girl they made for Face, partially because I'm just really sick of that character type, partially because she was a jerk to Face, and partially because she shouldn't exist. In the show, Face never got serious with a girl for the entire time he was with the team, including their time in the army, because in the show he JOINED the army to escape bad memories after the girl he really loved and proposed to freaked out and moved away without telling him. Even though he could get over that, he didn't during his time in the army, so this girl just... Shouldn't be.

That being said, they did do a good job maintaining the purity of the whole deal with Morrison... except. In the movie, they find out all about it during the events that take place, whereas in the TV show, it's not until the embarrassing fifth season that they find out Morrison's deal, fifteen years after it took place.

Also, every series A-Team fan was overjoyed to hear that Dwight Schultz and Dirk Benedict would play cameos in the movie... But Schultz's scene was cut for time, as was Benedict's one line, so while you can see Benedict for a split second in the movie, he's a little hard to see, and he's wearing a uniform, so you don't even know it's him and he's unrecognizable. He was very disappointed in the movie, and wished he hadn't done the cameo in the first place, and that just makes me sad.

So, it was actually a terrible movie with passable writing, action sequences that were too impossible even for the A-Team, characters that made you forget it was supposed to be an A-Team movie, and a predictable plot-twist ending, and all the time they didn't use any of the series theme music almost at all, and if I ever fulfill my dream of becoming a screenplay writer, I'm going to redo it and do it right. But it was still AWESOME. XD

Plus they get points for all the Dwight Schultz references seen in the Murdock Break out scene. XD

Truth or Dare?