Dream Drop Distance Trying to Synthesize a Skelterwild and Ryu Dragon. Tips?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Hayabusa, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

So these two Dream Eaters sound like the best in the game for my purposes (getting powerful offensive Abilities,) but they both require some of the hardest Dream Pieces to get.

Does anyone have good advice on how to get these materials?

Skelterwild needs Wild Fantasies, Brilliant Fantasies, Noble Fantasies, and/or Prickly Fantasies.

Ryu Dragon needs Lofty Fantasies, Prickly Fantasies, and/or Brilliant Fantasies.

2. 61 No. B

I haven't played DDD since June so I don't remember that well, but I think you can only get some materials through special portals. I don't remember what I did exactly but I have synthed those two so I guess I did something right.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I think I got brilliant fantasies from Special Portals sometimes. It's been a while, and during my whole playthrough of the game the first time, I only managed to get like 6 Brilliant Fantasies the whole way, so it was pretty rare. I remember I had to google to find out how to get some of the materials.

4. Shift Chaser

You can get Brilliant fantasies from Riku's special portals on the last world, it's not a guaranteed drop with the exception of the Tyranto Rex portal though (And I'm pretty sure one of the other drops that can be obtained from those are Lofty Fantasies) . You could also repeatedly scan and kill a Kab Cannon to get more of them, although I'd rather not since it seems much slower than just dropping twice and doing another special portal.

Wild Fantasies can be obtained from Sora's special portals on the last world just like Brilliant Fantasies for Riku, or scan and kill that one Panda from the card with Sudo-Neko and Meowjesty, but that depends on your game.
    It could probably be obtained some other way too, since I remember it being much less rare than Brilliant overall.

As for the others, I have no idea. But seeing as I have a lot of most of them, and all I did was do all portals with Sora, drop, and do all portals with Riku until level 99, they're probably all obtainable from either normal portals or are the other drops from some of those special ones.

Wish I could help with more than that, but haven't played it since August, sorry.

5. Hayabusa Venomous

What exactly are these portals you're talking about? Do you mean like, Diving into the world again?

6. Shift Chaser

The ones you can interact with on the bottom screen to fight enemies or change party for a limited time. Beating the ones you fight enemies rewards you with stuff. Or you meant to ask which ones are special?

7. Hayabusa Venomous

Well, which ones are the Special Portals?

8. Shift Chaser

When you approach one it'll say "Special" instead of the name of a FF char, or, if you've used spot pass with someone that set up one, the name of the person that set it.