Birth by Sleep Unbirth - Vorarephilia?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Zeftnon - The Superior, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Zeftnon - The Superior Hollow Bastion Committee

Alright, so I looked up "Unbirth" and what came up was "Vorarephilia". This is apparently what "unbirthing" is in real life:

Now then, this could mean that Unbirths are creatures who were once people who are eaten - by darkness.

From this, we can tell that there is something very inhuman about these creatures, more inhuman than the qualities of Heartless and Nobodies. Heartless, on instinct, only wish to create more of its kind. Nobodies, with the ability to think and plan, wish to make themselves whole. Unbirths however seem to care about nothing else except using the power of darkness which they've been consumed by. And they want to consume others as well; so like both Heartless AND Nobodies, they can think and plan, and wish to create more of their own. In fact, they've become insane from it - "wild". Really, look at the symbol of the Unbirths. It looks like a heart surrounded by thorns or fire, and two anchor-like things that seem to be balancing it. That's the heart eaten by darkness and being controlled by it (hence the anchors balancing it):

[​IMG]

They designate the feeling of the game's motif, so the idea of "darkness taking over" might be the main theme of BBS. As said by both Master Xehanort and Maleficent, the apprentice and Terra both seem to be attracted to power, power gained only by allowing yourself to be completely consumed by darkness.

The apprentice seems to have turned into an Unbirth already, or at least is close to becoming one, hence Master Xehanort's plea: "defeat the darkness and correct my mistake!". It looks as if Master Xehanort didn't want his apprentice to be taken by the darkness, so he's begging for someone to release him from that darkness.

Terra as well seems to be attracted to the darkness. Aqua and Ven wish to believe that it's just a lie, but Maleficent claims that it isn't. Most likely, Maleficent wants to use Unbirths to her advantage (just like what she did with Heartless), and plans on turning Terra into one by luring him into the darkness.

Now then, when you actually turn into an Unbirth, you completely lose yourself. To summarize it: Like vorarephilia (where one gets aroused by the thought of being eaten or eating another), Unbirths were people who were eaten by darkness because either they really wanted to be, or because some other Unbirth ate them. Once they become Unbirths, they are controlled by the darkness; they are just wild, insane. It's monstrous and very inhuman - when you become an Unbirth, you are no longer regarded as a human at all. It's like you threw away your human life and began anew, reversed your birth, thus, as Nomura says "the 'Unborn' is given real meaning". And maybe the only way to release them from the darkness controlling them is by using the Keyblade...

So that's my theory. I think the only flaw here is that SE (and Disney) would not like the idea of creating something for their game that is based on a sexual fetish. But what the hell, this seems like a good explanation, eh?

2. exile0025 Gummi Ship Junkie

when you put it that way it kinda makes sense,but its such a depressing theme.

3. Scott Pilgrim Banned

I did the same thing and that came up. Unfortunatly, I was on google images rather than wikipeia.:xp:

4. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I'm not a hundred percent on that but you edge on something i've thought about.The fact that Master Xeahnort seems more human than he lets on in that battle in KHII:FM+.The darkness thing is fesable but i'm not completely sure.
    Why don't you post your stuff in our Kingdomology family thread???You are a founding member.

5. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

This is an interesting theory, but you can't always trust wiki. It seems pretty accurate for this specific category now. So, I think you are right in ways.

6. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Amazing theory. I liked how you tied in the design of the new symbol with the "being eaten" theory. This could also tie in with the theory that these Unbirths may have no souls, eating other things like gluttons without thinking of the consequences; they don't care, and seem to be monstrous demons, meaning they may have no souls.

7. Kyubi the Keyblade Master Twilight Town Denizen

I was actually aware of the term "Unbirth" related to Vorarephilia before I found out it was what the KHBBS baddies were called. It kinda stunned me at first, why they would be named that, but I gotta say, this theory makes lots of sense. It would also present the Keyblade Masters with the challenge of their lives. I'm surprised that Sora never ran into one during his travels.

8. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Wow. that is the first time I have heard a theory that completely and totally makes sense. I honostly believe that you are onto something at the moment.
    That might also explain why Terra has the freaky eyes (Unless this has already had an explanation to it, plz inform me).
    Off of your bases, the eyes might be a sign of his ability to use this power of darkness. The story is some one soul base. Perhaps if someone reaches into the darkness of their hearts, then, depending on how strong their heart is or what not, they are able to call upon it to use that darkness to their advantage. Slowly, the darkness shall consume the heart (or something like that. depends on what kind of a heart which you have, since some might use the power of darkness, but not from their hearts). As the darkness eats away at the heart, it slowly turns you into an unbirth, and then once you have used it and their is nothing else, you turn into an unbirth.

Perhaps this theory can some how be supported if we find out a bit more about the ambers (I believe that they are a type of enemy in the game as well, are they not?). Until then though, this is only a theory in which we can all go on, but, it is highly accurate.

Also, The flaw that you mentioned I would not focus on too much. They were originally focusing on birth, and wanted to create the unbirths. They would have to ask themselves "How do we make unbirths though?", and in doing so, they may have done exsactly what you just did, and, in the end, came up with how to make them. After all, who is there to say that they gained the insperation from a fetish word? ya know what I'm saying? Disney shows are for kids. People who work for disney though are the same as any other person. ya know? I honostly think that you are really onto the most accurate theory so far. Good job

9. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Well the idea of darkness "devouring" is a kh theme thats been going on since day 1...so regardless of sexual fetish or not, I think you hit it on the head dude. I actually do agree with you on this. Maybe I can paraphrase what you were saying just to see if I got it right:

Basically you're saying that Unbirths are like "insane-nobodies?" In which case, they can think and plan, but they've got the "zombie-gene" like heartless do and feel the need to infect or spread their darkness to grow? I wonder...do unbirths consume worlds?

10. Shift Chaser

This is the first theory i've seen here that i fully agreee,and i also don't see any flaws on it.
    Really good thinking.
    I really never saw such a plausible theory.It doesn't have a single error.

11. key dragon One with the keyblade

Geez, Xehanort's apprentice must look REALLY ****** up.:D

Also, it appears Master Xehanort isn't all "bad".

12. Repliku Chaser

The theory is an interesting one. I don't know if Nomura would actually think to use though a relation to the word "vorarephilia".

Darkness and it's attraction for people has been a theme of KH but also of many movies and books to include such things as Star Wars with the Dark Side of the force, heroes being tempted by dark powers etc at the cost of being consumed by it.

If we take a look at how Riku's fall went, he had a couple flaws basically which consisted of that he didn't want to be alone and wanted to be 'needed' by his friends. This led him to a world of hurt as Maleficent was attempting to lure him into Darkness telling him that his friend Sora had replaced him. He also became more frustrated with Sora when it appeared he's just gallivanting around the universe looking for some King, Riku wasn't welcome to join them, and also no one seemed to be looking for Kairi or trying to help her. Riku was encouraged to do acts at the cost of his conscience which he did because he was desperate to save Kairi but the Darkness itself was having its effects on him. Sometimes we'd see scenes with Riku where his eyes look all funky odd etc as the Darkness is setting in. He also becomes much more tense, anxious, frustrated, angry etc as he takes in more Darkness, but the power is also feeling good. He says things to Sora even about their competition...which never would have even been thought of before on Destiny Islands, at Hollow Bastion and makes Sora seem like an enemy. This is Darkness consuming Riku and twisting his emotions etc to be negative.

Also, outside of Riku, we can look at the temptation that the 6 apprentices had which ended up making them give up themselves to Darkness in the search for more power. These members all become of the Organization. Ansem the Wise also, due to losing his world and feeling tremendous guilt and wanting revenge, went into Darkness but did not give up fully, though he describes that it would be rather easy to do so. The Darkness and destruction in KH is not just well a simple choice but is actually a power and while people use it, it takes from them. Everyone, except for the Princesses of Heart, has Darkness and if it gets awakened, as it was in Riku by Maleficent, or Xehanort and the members beneath him, or Ansem, it becomes something that also affects their minds and hearts. Their reasoning becomes faulty etc as it is more tainted and emotional. Certainly, I doubt anyone would consider that Ansem the Wise or Riku, with how calm they were at the first scenes we see them in, could evolve into doing some of the things they had done. Also, young Xehanort with a lack of memories probably had no wishes to be as bad and simply wanted answers.

So, you are probably onto somethings when you say the Unbirths may be what happens to beings that allow themselves to be consumed by Darkness. I'm thinking that it has something to do with allowing Darkness to consume the spirit of a person willingly as well, and that they are an obvious precursor to the Heartless, since those at the time did not exist. They may instead be the people that give in and alter without having some outside entity 'devour' them but instead Darkness does itself. I'm not sure though but this was an interesting concept to delve into studying the word vorarephilia and also thinking on why someone would want to let Darkness take them. I agree that the symbol itself of the Unbirths does seem to lend some information about them. In a way, I almost would say perhaps the lure is something like how some people wish they could be vampires, having the powers and all but at a cost, and then how in every vampire novel, things tend to end tragically. That's a long stretch though.

13. key dragon One with the keyblade

Wonder if this means we'll get to see Sora and Kair's unbirths some time in the future?

14. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Probably in KH3 or something like that. It would be cool to see how they look.

15. Repliku Chaser

Agreed. Right now we can hypothesize about KH III but we really have little to go on as we have not even yet played the 3 games coming out that are the fillers and explaining games leading to it.

16. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

This strained my eyes...cuz it was long, not bad.

I'd say this is a pretty good explaination. The proofs u gave out and ideas to support it is very well thought and written. But I really wana ask...If it's about a human that's been swallowed by darkness, wouldn't that kinda be like a heartless? =S

17. Zeftnon - The Superior Hollow Bastion Committee

Not exactly. With Heartless, darkness takes the heart, and the body and soul are left behind. What I'm saying with Unbirths is that darkness takes over the heart, the body, and the soul. Especially if the soul is taken over, that's a big difference from Heartless.

18. key dragon One with the keyblade

They'll probably be like mirror versions of Sora and Kairi in ALL aspects.:p

19. 7th Key of the Kingdom Merlin's Housekeeper

I'd have to say this is one of the better theories I've read on them.
    Though, Heartless are made from Hearts corrupted by Darkness, so either this happens differently, or Unbirth were precursors to the Heartless.

20. Noise For Love and Justice

..see not that i dont like your theory...i just dont see how the could be "eatten" by darkness...i think its too close to how the Heartless spwan...