Birth by Sleep Unknown

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Kaidron Blaze, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Mixt The dude that does the thing

The idea with that level was that Pete found a doorway to the past and reported it to Maleficent, Maleficent sent him through it to steal the cornerstone (which back then was sitting out in the open instead of being in the protection of the castle) then with the cornerstone gone she could send in heartless and such. Then Sora gets called in to fix it and you know the rest.

What I find funny is that there is no butterfly effect in Kingdom Hearts. The only thing stealing the cornerstone did was remove the cornerstone from the castle. And in the process of getting it back encountering a past version of Pete changed absolutely nothing. It doesn't even seem to have changed the current Pete's memories (granted Pete in the past was just really confused by the ordeal)

I have no idea what you were trying to get at with that one.

2. P Banned

I'd assume that's mostly for game balance. Also, it'd be difficult to implement, etc. Ideally, he'd do that, but the rewinding of damage is still a fairly strong hint towards time travel.

As for butterfly effects: I don't think Timeless River was 'authentic' time travel, as it was more of a different dimension, and probably shouldn't have the same standards as those we would apply to the main body of the plot.

That said, I expect to see a few stable time loops, so the butterfly effect never comes up.

3. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Still, I'm a bit iffy with time travel. Since it's implied he can do it anytime he wants, he's, based on what he does, really quick and really strong...he's too powerful to actually be a character you're supposed to defeat. That's of course, if he has restraints which he shows no sign of having.

I'm reluctant to explain because it's stupid when I really think about it. Eh, assuming Nomura is hiding something again, what if MF was actually under someone? Just saying.

4. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I think these points are most interesting like you said Nomura doesn't like to repeat himself so why now? And just to reasure the point you made about master Eraquis in the 'blank points' cutscene there is a part where master Xehanort is talking to Terra and Xehanort asks Terra how he belives he can take control back and Terra puts his hand over his heart and Xehanort says Eraquis you sly dog I should of known you would have a hand in this..... Or something to this affect lol terrible memory.
    Anyway I assumed that Eraquis gave his heart to Terra much in the same way as Ven with Sora a heart of light to help Terra with his darkness....

5. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

"I'm sure you'll know soon enough."
    "Someone else has step foot in your heart. Eraqus...you sly fox."

If you put it that way, it's like Inception Kingdom Hearts style. A heart within a heart. Interesting. Yeah, randomly pitching in if you don't mind.

6. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

I don't mind at all. But does that mean Eraqus's heart is now with Terra like Ven and Sora or is it just with him like Terra and Xehanort?

7. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

IMO, none. Because Ven kind of rented space from Sora's body (that sounds so wrong on so many levels...) while Eraqus rented space from Terra's heart. It's not just Terra and Xehanort.

Now that I think about it, maybe it isn't really Eraqus' heart. Maybe it's like, an embodiment of light which stepped into Terra's heart, leaving the darkness behind, which could be Eraqus' Sentiment, assuming that's actually canon and not Nomura simply having innocent fun with the game.

8. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

That could make sense. So it's almost like what Mickey did to Riku. His light went inside Riku so he can not be controlled over it.

9. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

that is a good point I wonder but then again it's like the mystery of whether or not Eraqus is Terra's father or not because he said so. But he said so during an argument with Xehanort so he may of meant it figuratively

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Like I said, this might mean the Eraquis's heart is with Terra, but not exclusively. We know that something was done with Terra's heart outside of what Xehanort's doings, Eraquis had a hand in it, and it will help Terra fight of Xehanort's control. Eraquis giving his heart to Terra does meet these criteria but it is not the only way to.

One thing I find interesting is that Terra doesn't seem to be actively fighting anymore in that scene, he seems more like he is waiting for something.

Eraquis says at the begining of the game "You are like a son to me" which implies that he wasn't, but Eraquis could have been trying to hide it for some reason. I could really see that going either way.

11. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Just wondering, but do you have a specific theory in mind? It would make it easier to understand if you had a solid example as to what you mean. That, or I get lost easily.

Remember how The Fairy Godmother told Aqua that you can't fight darkness with light because light goes hand-in-hand with darkness? The whole "strong rays of sunlight create big shadows" thing, then said that Aqua was too young too know? Maybe Terra found out about that whole thing, and found a better solution than just running head-on, like he has throughout the whole thing from rage. Plus, there's a chance that if he fought Xehanort, the more his darkness would grow.

Why would he hide something like that? It doesn't really concern the game, were he to hide that.

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I can't think of a good counter theory but maybe this example will help. In Blank Points Ansem mentions. "While the boy slept his long sleep, I hid the results of my research inside him, transplanting the data to where it might best serve a purpose." This fits very similar criteria. Ansem placed his research results inside Sora so that it could help later. Ansem could be said to have "stepped foot in" Sora's heart to give him this tool, but it wasn't embedding himself inside of Sora.

True. I think I know where The Fairy Godmother was going with that but they didn't really reach any conclusion on it yet. All the variations I can think of though are still light, they are just more specific.

As for Terra's personal darkness it is hard to say. Xehanort's line of "As I recall, you couldn't even handle your own darkness. How, then, will you triumph over mine?" seems to say that Terra's darkness isn't really a factor anymore. And Terra saying "I'm not afraid of what the darkness holds now. Even if you do wrest control of my heart from me--even if you cast me into the deepest, darkest abyss--you'll never sway me from the one cause that pushes me to keep on fighting. Whatever the cost, I'm ready to pay it." Terra seems to want to fight. But the fact still remains that he isn't really. The bit with Aqua seems to be the highest level of resistance we see from him, and this scene takes place after that.

Could be something simple, like he didn't want anyone the think he was giving Terra special treatment. But since it is only hinted at in this game and not really explained, there woud likely be a big story behind it. (and again we still don't know if it is true at all. It could hold no relavence at all)

13. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

I never understood that. Did his research actually give Sora something?

I think that's the point. IMO, The Fairy Godmother meant fighting the darkness directly. What she suggested to Aqua was fighting it indirectly through helping Jaq free Cinderella from her room. Then again, I could be wrong.

Xehanort also says "Darkness rules your heart--it gives me control." So, I suppose that when Xehanort said "As I recall, you couldn't even handle your own darkness. How, then, will you triumph over mine?" he meant that if Terra were to triumph over his own darkness, he'd still have the stronger darkness of Xehanort.

EDIT: Just to relate this more to the initial purpose of the thread.

Xehanort: "However, know this--you are just one of many roads that I might choose to take. Trust me. I made certain of that."

Were Mysterious Figure working for Xehanort, or if Mysterious Figure was Xehanort in anyway, this could (could) be a little reference. Just saying.

14. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

random theory just made up could Mysterous figure be Ansem the one Aqua spoke to? If he can time travel.......

15. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

For some crazy reason, maybe. But Ansem sounds nothing like Mysterious Figure.

Actually, I don't really think he's human. He sounds like he's on rewind, IMO.

16. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

I thought MF never spoke?

17. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

He makes sounds, yes.

EDIT: Like grunts and stuff.

EDITII: Not that he actually grunts. I haven't heard that.

18. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

I see but we have never seen Ansem in battle so I guess he could sound diffrent in that way

19. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Like the sound of howling winds recorded on tape and played backwards? I'm sorry, I don't really think so.

Then again, it could be like Terra, when we still didn't know him. But that ruins the chances of him being Ansem.

...Maybe for the sake of hiding his identity...?

20. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

maybe and it could also be terra or Xehanorts Nobody...... I guess