Valentine of Destiny

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Darkcloud, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Phew, it’s been awhile since I updated this story. Let’s fix that, shall we?
    Next update:

“Hahaha! Oh, that’s got to be embarrassing! I didn’t think the keyblade could be used that way!â€

“She has never used that weapon before, and yet I’ve never seen such an unorthodox technique…â€

“Well, that’s an amateur for ya: You can never count on what the newbies can think of with their new weapons…though I do admit, setting him on fire with his own weapons was rather clever of the girl. In any case, we’ll let Even sit…slump…whatever position he’s in right now, for a little while longer, and then I’ll step in.â€

“Oooo…â€

Even was in a slump, head in the dirt, butt in the air, with the fires dieing down. He couldn’t get his eyes to focus, but even he knew it: He was defeated.

Kairi, standing a few feet closer to Even than Riku and Sora, smiled, a proud look on her face.

“I told you this wouldn’t take long!†she took a step closer towards Even.

“Kairi!†yelled Sora.

Kairi turned around, a little surprised by the yell, “What?â€

“Don’t get any closer to him!†yelled Riku, “We don’t know if the fight’s over yet!â€

“He’s out cold, guys! Just look at him!†She poked Even with her keyblade, but then recoiled slightly. Even fell forward slightly until he was flat on his front.

“Whoa…yeah, I think I will back up a bit.†Kairi backed up a few steps until she was the same distance from Even as Sora and Riku.

“So…what now? Do we wait for Hiashi or Vincent?†Sora cocked his head as he asked, not taking his eyes off him. Riku shrugged, “We don’t have much choice. They’re the only ones who can do anything about this…I’m sure they won’t be happy about this, anyway.†Kairi looked at Riku’s emotionless face as he said that.

Riku…

“Well, there is one other way…â€

The three looked frantically for the source of the voice. Another fight with an Organization heartless was the last thing they wanted.

“Up here, losers! Nya ha ha!â€

The three looked up, then frowned, at the top of one of taller, two story houses. There, in a black trench coat, with a black shirt and pants with a large assortment of belts on both shirt and pants, stood a tall, skinny man. His long black hair had a good many white streaks in it, and his round, black lens sunglasses made him look like some kind of weird creature of the night. His fanged smile, however, made him seem more like a predator than anything else. Despite his strange look, however, Sora, Riku, and Kairi all recognized his voice.

“Xigbar!†the three yelled in unison.

He laughed, “Very good! But, actually, I’m Braig! Xigbar was my nobody.†He jumped, and floated down to a good ten feet away from where Even was unconscious.

“I must say, I’m impressed at you three! You’ve progressed as a team much faster than I originally hypothesized!

“But, tell me something: Did you ever learn what Even’s power is?â€

The three of them looked cautiously at one another from their battle stances. Now that he mentioned it…

Braig rolled his eyes while still smiling, “Wow. Just…wow. I should’ve know Even was too proud to use it. Oh well, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to tell you three ‘winners’.â€

Braig raised his hand in the air and snapped his fingers. In a flash, a large group of soldier heartless appeared. Braig pointed at Even, and, at once, the heartless covered up Even with themselves, until Even was no longer visible.

“Pay attention, youth: The only other way for one of us ‘heartless’ to be defeated is by another heartless!â€

Sora and Kairi watched in horror at the sight. Bits of darkness flew from the pile as Even was being annihilated. Riku, on the other hand, watched Braig intently.

“Wait,†Sora started, “I thought the keyblade was the only way to defeat you guys!â€

Braig waved the index finger from one of his hands in the air, “Naw, you got it all wrong, kid. The keyblade is the only way to liberate the heart from darkness; I’m…borrowing his heart, you might say.†He made a quick turn with his hand, and the heartless scattered away from what was left of Even.

Even’s heart separated itself from the now decomposing body, and floated towards the open hand of Braig.

“As for Even’s power,†Braig started as he plunged the heart at his chest, “I’m sure Sora will appreciate this, of all people: It’s the ability to induce doubt.†Sora cocked his head in confusion.

“…huh?â€

“Man, you are slow!†Braig shook his head, “Okay, let’s try that again: You know your little moments of ‘Oh, I don’t want to fight anymore! I don’t want my girlfriend to get caught in the line of fire! Boo hoo hoo!’?

“That was our doing. Mainly Even’s, but under my order.â€

Sora’s eyes flashed with anger, “That was you?!â€

Braig smile grew a little, “Yup. I’m sure Valentine told you all about how we were stuck in those capsules waiting to be fully powered,†Braig started to walk around, “but, in all honesty, we weren’t asleep. We’ve been awake for a few months, before we were freed. Funny how a little ‘change in scenery’ can do that to a sleeper.â€

“What do you mean?†demanded Kairi. Braig rolled his eyes again, “None of this would’ve happened if you hadn’t used that restoration program!†Everyone recoiled.

“You little-!â€

Sora charged, with his keyblade ready to swing, at Braig. Braig grinned again, and waved his hand. A barrier appeared in front of Riku and Kairi, and extended until it covered a good block of the square. The barrier encased Braig and Sora.

As the barrier flashed, Sora realized too little too late that he had fallen into a trap, and stopped charging for a second. He decided for a change in tactics.

“How were you able to manipulate me like that?†Sora demanded.

“Oh, come on! Like I’m going to tell you all my secrets! All you dummies need to know is that I played you like all like fiddles!â€

Braig reached from his back and pulled out a wooden crossbow…a little low-tech compared to previous attempts made against Sora and the others, but still a weapon. He quickly fired it at Sora.

Sora dodged the arrow, but even though it whizzed past him, a cut appeared on his arm. The arrow wasn’t anywhere close to hitting him, not even from air, and still it drew blood.

“Ow!â€

“My power is to make any ammo I have hit, even if it doesn’t,†Braid loaded another arrow into his crossbow. His joking tone was gone. “You have no chance against me, kid. I can attack you no matter what defense you use,†He fired an arrow that whizzed past Sora, and pierced through the barrier Braig put up. The arrow just barely scratched Kairi’s cheek.

“Not even my own.†Braig finished.

Sora stood there in shock, head turned towards Kairi. He watched as she winced in pain at her cut. Riku helped her to her feet and tried to get some distance between the two of them and Braig. Sora turned his head back towards Braig.

Enough was enough.

“I’m making sure you don’t return after this fight,†Sora’s reached into his pocket, and pulled out a black, crown keychain, and replaced it where the Kingdom key’s chain was. The keyblade shimmered and glowed. Where the Kingdom key once was, the Oblivion keyblade took its place. Sora charged at full speed towards Braig.

“There it is!†Braig said, grinning again.

In a flash of black fire, Braig glowed and jumped at Sora. As soon as the two collided, there was a huge flash of white and black light.

“AAAUUUGH!â€

Kairi and Riku turned around at the source of the scream. “SORA!â€

Kairi turned around and ran to where she and Riku left Sora.

“By the way, kid, just so you know: Even’s power isn’t to cause doubt. It’s the ability to convince anyone of a lie, which as you’ve seen, has worked out marvelously. Also, my power isn’t to hit any target…â€

Kairi hit the barrier repeatedly with her keyblade, each swing more frantic than the last. Each hit, however, was just as effective as the last: not at all.

“Kairi,†started Riku, reaching out for her shoulder.

“Help me, Riku!†Kairi didn’t even look at him, “We have to get through!â€

“Kairi, there’s no way to get through that barrier. It’s different from the regul-.â€

“I DON’T CARE!†Kairi stopped bashing the barrier and glared at Riku, “We’re supposed to be the wielders of the keyblades! We carry the hope of the worlds on our shoulders, but we have to give up just because one of our own is on his own!?â€

“You know that’s not what I was suggesting!†Riku was starting to get angry now, “There’s just no way we can pierce these barriers, Kairi! The only thing we can do is wait this out.â€

Riku and Kairi glared at each other as the lights were starting to dim.

“I refuse to believe that, Riku.â€

Riku blinked as she said that.

“I refuse to sit on the sidelines while everyone I care about risks their lives to save people they’ve never met. I refuse to be the one left behind while everyone else is having adventures. I refuse to stand by and let one of the best things that ever came into my life be snuffed out like a candle. You’re either with me or not, Riku,†Kairi turned around to face the barrier again, “I’m going to save my boyfriend. You have until then to decide!†Kairi thrust her keyblade into the barrier.

“You’re supposed to-rrgh!†Kairi grunted at the stress of the thrust she was using, “You’re supposed to…be able to unlock…anything…so, work…work already! Open this stupid barrier!!â€

Suddenly, Kairi’s keyblade started to glow, and a keyhole appeared in front of the barrier. The keyblade shot a beam of light into the keyhole, and, with a click, the barrier disappear, just as the light was fading.

Kairi ran forward, with a stunned Riku following. A few steps into the entrapped area made the two stop, and ponder uneasily.

In the middle of the scarred, burnt area was Sora…and only Sora, head down, eyes closed, his back to Riku and Kairi.

Kairi slowly took a step forward, and reached out with one arm.

“Sora…Are you okay?â€

Sora slowly lifted his arm, and then quickly stretched it out to full length. A sudden whirlwind blew Kairi back, into Riku. The two of them looked at Sora in horror.

Sora had a malevolent look on his face, his smile suggesting great evil. He summoned his keyblade, and, with the voice of an old, surfer-like accent, said:

“Sora isn’t home right now…Can I take a message?â€

2. Cocohints "Up to now, the most discussed topic is global war

I worship Braig now... <3

Finally got to read it! I always did like how there's still some logic in how things work in your stories, like how the only way destroying the heartless version of the Org was to be a heartless yourself - a nice twist, and a harder challenge perhaps for the good guys to overcome..

And now that Sora is possessed somehow by Braig.... rawr, he's gonna be a real pain to fight compared to the others. >:3

*is still a fan, keep it up darkcloud! w00t!*

3. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Lesse if I can pick this story up a little bit. Here’s the next chapter:

Squall, Cloud, Tifa, Yuffie, and Zack all walked along the Radiant Garden Royal Halls, each one just as confused as the other.

“This doesn’t make any sense!†stated Yuffie, “Why would Namine send us all on meaningless assignments?â€

“That’s the mystery, kid,†said Zack, “but we better find out why fast,†Zack shook his head, “I just hope it’s not what I think it is. The last time that happened…â€

“We’re not going to be duped again, Zack,†Cloud replied, and under his breath he added, “Not this time…â€

“Look! Up ahead!â€

Tifa pointed at the main doors at the end of the hall: Singed, with smoke pouring out of the bottom of the door. Everyone broke into a run. Tifa arrived first and kicked the doors aside with a BLAM!

Everyone gasped.

“What in the world happened here?†breathed Squall.

“Sora, please! Wake up!â€

“HAHAHAHA!â€

SHING!

Sora laughed maniacally as Kairi pleaded with him, and Riku took up his keyblade. Sora also twirled his keyblade as he walked around in a circle.

“I dunno how you were able to get through that barrier, chikita,†Sora said in his new accent, “but I told you before: He ain’t here right now. Now, I know I offered to take a message from you, but…â€

“Braig,†said Riku, “what have you done to Sora?!â€

Braig, in Sora’s body, nodded, “There, you see? Someone listens!†Braig continued to walk around, “Not that much. Just used my power against him. I believe you know about this, kid, what with being possessed once, and all that.â€

Riku’s mind flashed back to when Xehanort’s heartless possessed him, and used him to attack Sora. Riku opened his eyes after the flashback, “So what? You need a new body, so you go and steal Sora’s?â€

“Not exactly, but good guess, kid,†Braig stopped walking, but continued to smile, “My power is to magnify the darkness in a person’s heart. Once that darkness is large enough, I can invade and take control with ease.†Braig bent Sora’s neck back, tossed his shoulders, and popped his back, “Ahh…wasn’t that hard, either. Did you know that you two kept him stable?â€

Riku cocked his head, but then turned toward Kairi. Kairi’s head was bent low.

“Kairi?â€

“Sora…I don’t how or why, but I could sense the darkness growing inside him, Riku.â€

Kairi looked back up. Her eyes were fierce, yet full of sorrow, “When he was going through his phase, I…every hug we had, every kiss we shared…it was starting to feel,†she struggled to find the right word, “toxic. His behavior was starting to become erratic, even before we returned from winter break.â€

Riku shook his head in disbelief, “Why didn’t you say anything? I could’ve done something! We could’ve done something! Together!!â€

“I can answer that one.â€

The two of them turned to face Braig. Braig smiled again, “She was so sick and tired of feeling useless! She may be a princess of light, one of the seven strong enough in heart and soul to open the doors to Kingdom Hearts, but she couldn’t even find a way to help her,†he raised his fists to look like a dog whimpering, “poor, poor boyfriend, who was struggling to find the right way to live, and make sure he didn’t put her in any danger, boo hoo hoo hoo!â€

Braig lowered his arms, and chuckled, “Think I’ll let you in on a sneak peak, here, kid: He really, really loves you. You wanna know how much?†He raised his free hand over the side of his mouth, and said in a really loud whisper:

“He’s so crazy for you, that he’d ask you to marry him, right here, right now!â€

Riku took a step back in surprise, while Kairi covered her mouth. Braig tossed his head back in laughter, “Sorry to disappoint, though, but that’s not going to happen. Well, I think I’ve said enough. Take care now, bye bye!†Braig turned around and started to walk away…that is, until a ‘dark aura’ fire ball cut him off. Braig turned around and managed to block Riku’s thrust just in time.

“What makes you think it’s going to be that easy?!â€

“…Ri…ku?â€

Riku froze. That didn’t sound like Braig just then. “Sora?â€

“Riku…where are you? I can’t see anything!â€

That wasn’t Braig’s voice! “Sora! Hang in there, I’m gonna get you- AUGH!â€

Riku was swat aside by Braig’s arm.

“That,†Braig smiled, “That’s what makes me think I’ll get away with it.†Braig changed the Kingdom key into the Oblivion keyblade, “By the way, about my story earlier, I gotta be straight with you: As soon as he summoned this particular key that was when I was able to do my thing.†He tossed it up in the air, and then caught it, “This key is the symbol of Sora’s darkness. Tsk!†He twirled it a little, “A pity something so cool looking is so…harmful, eh?†A look of surprise came on his face, “That sounds…a lot like…you, Riku.â€

“I’ve heard enough.†Riku got back up and prepared to charge, when Kairi cut him off.

“Riku, wait! Let me try and talk to him!â€

“Kairi, no! You’re not ready for that kind of combat yet!â€

“I’m not going to be able to live with myself unless I know I’ve tried everything! Please!â€

Riku fidgeted a little. This just wasn’t going to end well, he knew it! “Kairi, I want you to listen closely: Braig has complete control of Sora, right down to his voice. Even if hear Sora’s voice, it might not very well be him!â€

“I have to try, Riku!â€

Riku sighed, “…Alright.â€

Kairi turned around and faced Braig. She slowly started to walk towards him, her arms open.

“Sora…please, wake up. I know you, Sora, you wouldn’t let anything beat you, not without a fight, and even then, you still wouldn’t give up.â€

Kairi was slowly closing the gap between them. Braig’s smile was gone.

“Do you remember our last night on the island together? Before this adventure started?â€

Kairi was just a few feet away from Braig.

“We spent the night talking to each other, talking about our friends. You said you needed to get away from them, that they weren’t how you remembered them. We also talked about how we looked forward to seeing Roxas and Namine again, how they had such a good time with us during our last Christmas together. You said that you needed to get away from it for awhile…â€

“Sounds like the kid said a lot of things, girl,†Braig was sneering again, “You sure you want to be with a talker?â€

Kairi ignored him, “Sora…do you still remember this?†Kairi reached into the pouch strapped to her side.

Braig’s face twitched in surprise. Riku, some distance behind Kairi, tilted his head slightly to get a better look at what Kairi was olding out. He then raised an eyebrow. What was Kairi doing with a bunch of shells?

“Do you remember the charm you returned to me?â€

Kairi moved closer towards Braig. They were no more than two inches apart. Braig, despite his best efforts, could not keep Sora’s body calm. Sweat was starting to form on his head. Braig could feel Sora’s heart rate pick up the closer she came towards him. If he doesn’t stop this soon, there’s no way he would be able to hold on to the keyblade much longer.

No choice, he thought, soon as she comes close enough…I’ll have to eliminate her.

4. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Oh. Em. Gee.

Are you freakin' serious, Clark?!

You can't end it there! COME ONNN!!!

Update soon! Please?

5. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Okay, because this was demanded (and because Forever Love wouldn’t quit harassing me ;3), here’s the next chapter:

“What happened in here?â€
    Squall looked around at the ruined throne room. Everything was either knocked over, smoking from being on fire, or both. The group’s attention, however, was focused on who was in the center of the room.

A burnt, but alive Namine was trying to support a badly wounded Roxas. It was all she could do to keep from collapsing.

Zack and Tifa quickly ran towards Namine and Roxas, while Squall and Cloud surveyed the throne room, making sure there weren’t any surprises waiting.

“Are you two all right?†asked Tifa, examining Namine. Zack took Roxas into his arms while Tifa was examining Namine, and supported him against the wall, while trying to get him to wake up.

“We were ambushed,†Namine muttered. Her words were very slurred. Tifa cocked her head slightly, “Huh?â€

“I was ambushed by one of the Organization heartless. When I came to, Roxas was holding me…â€

Namine’s eyes slowly closed, and she gently fell onto Tifa. Namine managed to whisper to Tifa before she passed out. Tifa’s eyes flashed with anger.

“Cloud,†Cloud turned his towards Tifa, “we’ve been had!â€

“…Sora?â€

Kairi’s face was no farther than two inches away from Sora’s. There was a clear struggle in his face, as Braig was trying to keep in control. Despite his efforts, Sora’s body wasn’t going anywhere, especially with Kairi putting her arms around his shoulders.

As Kairi’s face got closer, her eyes were closing.

Riku, in a crouched position on one knee, watched from a distance, gripping his keyblade uneasily. Kairi was taking a huge risk in doing this, especially with no way of knowing if she was getting through to Sora. Riku looked down for a second, but then quickly looked up, alarmed.

A shadow on the ground caught his eye when he looked down. When he looked up, to where the shadow was coming from, his eyes widened in fear.

At the top of a high building, the shadow stretched to a faint outline of a crossbow. Hiashi was taking very careful aim, her arrow pointing in Sora and Kairi’s direction.

Riku opened, then quickly closed his mouth. He then started jerking a bit.

It worked; Hiashi’s head moved slightly, towards Riku. Riku slightly shook his head. Hiashi’s head made a slight ‘roll’ notion. She went back to her previous position, still looking at Riku. This was very bad.

And yet, it appeared that hope was not lost.

Hiashi and Riku’s heads turned towards the clang. Sora’s Oblivion keyblade dropped to the ground, as he wrapped his arms around Kairi. As the two kissed, a strange glow started to emanate from them. When the two finished, they just far enough for Riku and Hiashi to see: The glow was coming from their chests.

Their hearts were shining.

Kairi smiled slightly, still worried, “Sora? Is that you?â€

Sora grinned a little in response, “…Yeah.â€

Tears started swelling up in Kairi’s eyes, but before she could say anything, Sora spoke again, “Kairi, listen to me. Braig’s still inside me, and he’s not going to give up until he’s either won or we all lose. The only chance we’ve got is to-,â€

“No,†Kairi was shaking her head, “No, you can’t expect any of us to do that!â€

“Listen to me!†Sora said, “It’s the only way! You’ve got to use your keychain to summon the Oathkeeper Keyblade and place it into my heart! It’s the only way to drive him out!â€

“You…you idiot!!,†Kairi plunged both of her fists into Sora’s chest, her tearing head following, “What makes you think you’ll survive this?! A blade to the heart is still a blade to the heart!!†Sora smiled slightly as he hugged Kairi. He gently kissed her head, and said:

“Because you’re my light,†Kairi opened her eyes, as she looked up at him, “This isn’t that different from when you rescued me the first time. Remember? Back at Hollow Bastion?â€

Kairi’s eyes were now full of fear, “Sora…,â€

“We’re out of options, Kairi,†Sora started to grimace, “Braig’s trying again to take control. We have to do it now!â€

“But…,â€

“Kairi, please…you promised you’d do what we asked, no matter how absurd it sounded, remember?â€

Kairi started to shake slightly. She slowly outstretched her hand, and her Pure Intentions Keyblade materialized into her hand. She took her charm and replaced it with the current keychain. The Oathkeeper Keyblade materialized in a shower of light and feathers. Kairi slowly raised it up to Sora’s chest, and paused. Sora, smiling slightly, took the end of the blade, and thrust it into his heart, which, all the while, was still shining along with Kairi’s.

The glow grew brighter and brighter. It looked as though it was working…

“Oh man, I can’t believe you bought that!â€

Sora summoned the fallen Oblivion keyblade into his hand. Braig’s laughter echoed out of Sora’s mouth, while removing the Oblivion keychain from the keyblade, and replaced Kairi’s charm with it. The Oathkeeper shimmered and dimmed until the Oblivion took its place.

In a flash the bright light in Sora’s heart was replaced by the darkest light possible. Braig had a triumphant look on his face.

“Only one thing left to complete this little transformation.†He raised his arms to form a cross over his chest. Slowly, but surely, darkness was being poured out of him.

“Riku!â€

“Ugh!â€

Riku and Kairi slowly started to fade away, confused by the turn of events. In a shower of sparks, Riku and Kairi disappeared. In Sora’s place, however, confirmed one of Hiashi’s worst fears.

Sora’s body was brimming with dark energy, with long, dark, smoky strands flowing from him. As he was floating slightly on the ground, his head jerked rapidly, as if a wild animal was in command. His yellow eyes shone brightly, with fangs showing every time his head jerked. Sora’s antiform was never a pleasant sight to see, especially if the enemy was present.

“Ah, ye†Braig said as Sora, “Now, this is more like it! I can really do some damage with this! I think I know the best place to start, too…†Sora’s arm waved with a flick, and a portal appeared. Braig proceeded through the portal, but not without yelling:

“Catch me if you can, girl! HAHAHAHAHA!â€

Hiashi quickly followed through the portal before it closed. Next stop: Destiny Islands.

6. Forever Love Life Without Limits

I'm glad I pushed the issue. xD I liked it.

What...what happened to Riku and Kairi? And what the heck is going on with Sora? That moment he had with Kairi was really sweet, and sad, but damn that Braig. I hope Sora kicks his ass in the end. Grrrrr. -__-

I'm just really curious to know where everyone went. I know Sora/Braig is going to DI, but are Kairi and Riku going there too? Hmm...

You need another update. PRONTO.

7. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

This is a long one, but it should tithe you over.

“So…cold…,â€

“Kairi!â€

“Riku…where?...it’s cold…â€
    Kairi barely felt the hands on her shoulders as they shook her. She was huddled up in a ball in a place she just couldn’t see.

“Kairi, please, I need you try and open your eyes. I know it hurts, but please, try!â€

Kairi pushed through what felt like ice forming in her eyes, and opened them. Riku was a few inches in front of her face, but other than that, everything was pitch black. The only thing clearly visible was Riku.

“What’s going on here? And why am I so cold?†Kairi struggled as Riku helped her up.

“We’re in the realm of darkness, Kairi. Somehow, Braig’s activated Sora’s antiform.â€

“Anti…what?â€

“Antiform. It’s the worst part of Sora’s powers. He can’t control himself, he can’t revert back until all his power has been exhausted, and he can’t distinguish friend from foe.â€

Kairi was having a hard time focusing on what Riku was saying, “Realm of…darkness? It wasn’t this cold the last time we were there, when we went up against the Organization.â€

Riku shook his head, “This is a different part of the darkness. Our bodies were still used for Sora to go into that form, but since he’s using the powers of darkness…â€

“… we wound up here.†Kairi was starting to get it. “So… what’s going to happen to us? To Sora?â€

Riku was about to reply, when a voice interrupted, “Well, hopefully we all get back in one piece.†The two turned, and reacted in surprise at the source.

“Sora!â€

Kairi ran towards Sora and squeezed him like she hadn’t seen him in years. Riku spoke up, “How are you here, Sora?â€

Sora shook his head, “My guess is, since Braig’s behind the wheel, I wound up back here with you guys,†Sora looked down at Kairi, “and I gotta say, all things considering, it doesn’t seem so bad.â€

Kairi quickly released Sora and punched his arm. “Ow!†Sora massaged his arm, “You know, you’re starting to make that into a bad habbit!†Kairi glared at him, “And you’re making a bad habit of not telling me things! Why didn’t you tell me this could happen?!â€

Before Sora could answer, Riku asked, “Sora, what are our chances of getting out of here, with you here with us?†Sora looked up at Riku, “…Pretty slim. I’d say we could still pull it-AGGH!†Sora was cut off in mid sentence; he clutched his sides and doubled over.

“SORA!â€

“What’s going on? Who’s doing this?â€

“It’s that Sora kid! He’s gone nuts!â€

“I thought he was a superhero! Why’s he attacking everything?â€

“Look out! He’s coming this way!â€

“He’s got a streetlamp! Watch out!â€

“Mommy! Mommy!â€

Braig was tossing random objects about, sending people into a frenzy of fear. His actions varied from tossing light objects like trash cans, or heavier objects, such as streetlamps and cars. In the time it took for people to realize ‘Sora’ had returned, he had already leveled a small block.

“I gotta say, I haven’t this much fun in years!†Braig gloated, “It’s almost kind of sad that I don’t have a challenge!†He held up a small statue head. He took aim a group of children that were hiding. He would’ve thrown the head, too, if the bullet that collided with it didn’t shatter the head into pieces.

“Step away from kids, partner. Otherwise, the next shot goes a little closer to home.â€

Braig cocked his head in the direction of the bullet, a wild look on his face. Irvine had his rifle pointing right at Sora’s forehead.

Braig laughed, “You think you can take me, you redneck reject?†Irvine shrugged, “Nah. I’ve neither been trained enough, nor paid enough, to qualify such a task.†Braig’s grin grew a little larger, “Smart boy.â€

BONK!

Braig fell forward as the blitzball collided with his head, which was followed through with him being tied up in a quick sweep of a jump rope, and landed on the ground after the hilt of a sword hit him in the back of his head. Braig was dizzy, “Wha?â€

Irvine smiled, “At least, not without them. They think otherwise, though.†Braig’s head turned.

Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka stood, battle ready, as Braig managed to float, and stand back into his original standing position. The four of them watched in awe at the power that Braig was using.

“What have you done with Sora?†Selphie demanded. She started twirling her nunchaku.

“What’d you do with Riku and Kairi?†Wakka demanded. He started dribbling his blitzball.

“Where’s Kairi’s hot sister?!†Tidus asked, with his sword in hand, raised high above his head. Wakka and Selphie stared at him, “…What?†he asked.

“You’re unbelievable,†said Selphie, shaking her head. Irvine laughed, “Kid’s a regular ‘Don Juan’.†Selphie quickly turned her head at Irvine, “You’re not any better! How many girls have you flirted with-,â€

“Excuse me? Hi.â€

Braig snapped the jump rope binding him with ease. With a flash of light he sent the group flying backwards. “You’re seriously delirious or something. What makes you think you had a chance against me?â€

“Braig!â€

Braig’s grin grew slightly larger as he heard that name. He slowly turned his head towards the source, “Well… it certainly took you long enough. I see that little nap you took did wonders for your complexion, love.â€

“My name’s Hiashi, Braig. And don’t call me ‘love’.†Hiashi stared Braig off, drawing her sword as she did.

“You sure you want to do that, girl? You’re taking a big risk at Sora by doing that.†Braig positioned himself for an attack.

“If you’d been listening in on the conversations I’ve had, you’d know I don’t really care for the boy. He could go by either your hands or mine; it wouldn’t really matter to me.â€

Hiashi charged forward and attacked Braig. Braig dodged, but not without consequence: He had a huge cut across Sora’s chest. Not enough for serious damage, but first blood belonged to Hiashi. Braig’s smile faded slightly. That did not go as planned…but then, nothing ever did when Hiashi was concerned.

How he missed that part of her…

“Maybe,†he replied, “but your sister was used as tribute for this little transformation. Destroy me, destroy her, love.†Hiashi narrowed her eyes and gritted her teeth. She raised her sword and charged straight for Braig.

Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, and Irvine watched in awe and horror at Hiashi. She was acting in complete disregard for Sora and the others safety, and looked like she wasn’t going to stop for anything.

“Just what is she doing?†demanded Selphie, “Doesn’t she care for them at all?â€

“I don’t know, Selph,†Irvine said, cocking his rifle, “but at the rate this is going, we may have to intervene.â€

Tidus looked at Irvine, “Have you gone loco?! There’s no way we can keep up with those two!â€

Wakka replied, “We may not have any choice. They’re both going at like animals…â€

*cough cough*

Braig wiped blood from his mouth. Hiashi was clearly not going to let him win this fight. At the rate this was going, he may have to follow through with his original plan.

Braig raised his keyblade to try and defend it from Hiashi’s incoming attack. He blocked the attack from hitting him, but lost the keyblade in the process.

The blade landed about thirty feet or so away from the others. Braig let the hilt fall from his hand.

Braig coughed again, “Well…it looks like you- WHOA!†Braig ducked as Hiashi tried to take his head off with her sword.

“Stand still!â€

Braig had to think fast. Hiashi wasn’t bluffing, after all; he knew that she was willing to do what it takes to defeat him, but still. At the rate this was going, it wouldn’t be worth using the two kids as hostages. It looks like he’ll have to fall on his original plan after all…oh well, at least he got what he came for.

“All right, love, you win this round,†Braig jumped in the air, and landed a good ten feet away from Hiashi, “but that doesn’t mean you’re not leaving without the booby prize.†He folded his arms and with a flash of light and darkness, Riku and Kairi came falling from out of nowhere, with a thud. They both simultaneously started to come around.

“Sora! NO!†yelled Kairi.

Riku looked at Hiashi, “You’ve got to stop him!†Hiashi stared at him. Something was missing here…

“Up here, love. This is what you’re missing!†Hiashi looked up at Braig, and gasped. Sora was still in his anti-form. “You’ve got less than two minutes to stop this little repeat! Thanks for the memories!†Braig disappeared with a wave. Sora dropped to the ground and began his rampage again.

“Riku, help him!†Kairi pleaded. Sora looked worse than ever. Not only was he tearing up everything in sight, but he was crying, like in pain, as he tore through things.

“I can’t think of thing that would help him,†said Riku, “I think the only thing we can do at this point is make sure he doesn’t break anything and draw his fire, at least until his drive runs out.â€

“Trust me, that’s the least of our worries.â€

The group looked at Hiashi, “Braig’s turned Sora into a living time bomb. In less than a minute, he’s going to detonate and take the Destiny Islands with him.†Everyone gasped.

“How do we-,â€

“No time to explain. Just make sure he nothing else happens while I work!†Hiashi took off, and quickly tackled Sora. She sat on top of him, and thrust her sword into his chest. Immediately, a huge amount of energy was released, in a loud roar.

“WHAT’RE YOU DOING?! YOU’RE GOING TO KILL HIM!!†Kairi yelled over all the noise. Hiashi shook her head, “I’M USING MY SWORD TO ABSORB THE ENERGY! IF THIS WORKS RIGHT, I’LL ABSORB IT ALL AND HE’LL REVERT BACK TO NORMAL!â€

“Now, we can’t have that happen now, can we?â€

An energy bullet shot out and broke Hiashi’s sword. The release of energy sent her flying back towards Riku and Kairi. Hiashi looked angrily at the source. Braig gave a bow, and vanished again. Hiashi gritted her teeth.

“Hiashi!†Kairi said. Hiashi turned towards them. “What’s going on? What happened?†Hiashi looked at Sora, “I managed to stop Sora from going critical, so he won’t blow up. The bad news is that Braig has somehow ‘locked’ him in his antiform, so he can’t go back to normal. Without you two as tributes, he’s got no control or stability. It’s only a matter of time before he starts to build up energy and go critical again.â€

Kairi shook her head, “No, there’s got to be a way. What if I try and get through to him aga-?â€

“Help me!â€

Riku recoiled. It sounded as though that voice was in his head! He looked around. It looked like everyone else heard it, too. Riku cocked his head, “Sora?â€

“You’ve…you’ve got to stop me!â€

Hiashi narrowed her eyes at Sora. How was this possible? He shouldn’t be aware of what’s going on at all, and yet, here he was, reaching out to them…could it be his heart?

“What do you want us to do, kid?†Hiashi asked. Riku and Kairi were both surprised. It almost sounded as though Hiashi was being sympathetic towards Sora.

“You have to stop me from hurting anyone! I can’t keep this power under check anymore, and it’s only a matter of time before I blow up and destroy everything!â€

“NO!†Kairi shook her head violently, “Hiashi! Can’t you change him back with your sword?! You were able to stop him before!†Hiashi shook her head, “It can’t work anymore, Kairi. Braig broke it, and a piece that was broken was absorbed by Sora. He’s immune to that treatment now.â€

Hiashi sighed and got up, “The only other alternative is that we do as Sora suggested: We have to erase him.†She picked up a piece of the broken keyblade. Kairi grabbed Hiashi’s arm, “No! You can’t! I won’t let you-urgh!â€

Kairi never got to finish that sentence. Kairi was starting to fall sideways from the blow Hiashi gave to Kairi’s head. She caught Kairi as she fell. Hiashi whispered as she fell,

“For what it’s worth, I’m sorry.â€

She gently placed Kairi on the ground, and resumed picking up a piece of the broken keyblade. She faced the, now growling, Sora. The look on her face was a mixture of sorrow and pity; A rare combination, indeed, for the heartless killer.

“You too, Sora. I don’t know if you can hear me, but I’m sorry about the way I treated you. I knew something like this would happen; if you succumbed to darkness once, it would happen again. I might not have liked you at first, but even I didn’t want this to happen.â€

Sora growled violently, and began to charge. His hands were leaking more and more energy by the second. He was about to go critical again. Here we go, she thought.

“HA!â€

A blur whizzed past Hiashi and connected with Sora, as he was in the peak of his last jump, and connected with Sora’s attack. Hiashi was shocked at who whizzed past her.

“What’re you-?†A huge flash of light blinded everyone and everything, cutting Hiashi off.

Riku shook his head as he stood in…who knows where. He didn’t know what he was thinking, attacking Sora like that. He certainly didn’t know this would happen.

“Sora?â€

“Hey. Thanks for that, man.â€

Riku shook his head again. Sora was standing in front of him, with his usual goofy grin, but he was…strangely transparent.

“…Sora. What did…Why did I…?â€

“Because we’re friends, Riku.†Sora cocked his head, closing his eyes, and his grin grew even bigger, “I needed your power of the keyblade. For some reason, it just…It felt like yours was the answer. I’m had to get you to do that, though. I know I wouldn’t have been able to do it if the roles were reversed.â€

“Sora…where are you going to go? You still have your heart, and your not…â€

Sora, still grinning, shrugged, “Not sure, really. I think Hiashi might be able to tell you, though. She seems to know a lot more than she lets on.†Sora turned around and started to walk, but then stopped.

“Take care of Kairi, okay?â€

Riku shook his head, “That’s your job. Sora!â€

“Bye, Riku.â€

Sora walked forward a few steps, and then disappeared. Riku reached out towards him as Sora walked away.

“Sora!â€

Tears fell from Riku’s eyes as he called Sora’s name. He called it over and over, as many times as he could muster. Finally, he started to realize…this was it. Sora was gone. He fell to his knees, and he let the tears fall with him. After what felt like an eternity of crying, he screamed. At the top of his lungs, as loud as he could, for as long as he could, he screamed. Somewhere along the line, Riku passed out from his screams, and the light that kept him and Sora there, began to fade.

Hiashi found the passed out Riku, and tried to wake him up.

8. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Ugh! I knew it was going to happen, but not that way!

Seriously, I have tears rolling down my cheeks right now. I hate it when Sora has to die. It's so... *sigh*

The way you made him seem so content with being gone like that, God, it just tore me up. Those are the saddest things to have to read. Somebody being so okay with leaving like that, it's worse than having them die. Period.

You better freakin' bring him back. Seriously.

9. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Sorry this took so long. School's been getting to me, but now I'm out, so there should be more story coming. Here's the next update:

“Just what is going on here?!â€

Merlin appeared in his now trademark ‘smoke’ fashion, and was surprised at the rubble that everyone was now used to. Tifa walked towards him from a fallen bookcase.

“Namine was attacked while you were out, Merlin,†Tifa reported, “From what we’ve determined so far, while we all were out on missions, given by Namine, somebody came, raided the castle, and at the same time made an attack in the town square. We haven’t heard word yet, but Sora and his friends went to investigate what was going on. It’s quiet now, so we aren’t that worried yet.â€

Merlin cocked his head slightly, confused, “Mission? Dear girl, I didn’t approve of any missions!â€

Everyone from Restoration Committee turned their heads towards Merlin, each one with a look that made the situation appear more and more disconcerting by the second.

“What do you mean ‘you didn’t approve’? Namine gave us all these missions herself! Right in front of us!†exclaimed Zack, “She gave all of us different ones, too! Squall and I had to go investigate Crystal Fissure area to measure areas of dark matter, Tifa and Cloud had to go investigate one of the Organization’s abandoned laboratories, and Yuffie had to go with Cid into orbit! You can’t say we didn’t have anything that wasn’t approved!!â€

Squall spoke up, “It’s a little hard to believe that Namine would deliberately disobey orders like that, Merlin. Are you sure you didn’t forget that you approved them?â€

Merlin looked angry, “Young man, if there’s one thing that hasn’t left me in my old age, it’s my memory! I can say, with absolute certainty, that I was neither approached with giving you, nor did I approve of any, missions!â€

“I know what was stolen.â€

Everyone turned towards Vincent, as he walked through the doorway, “The security cameras found a few interesting things you all need to see. Also, Squall, Irvine’s on the monitor. He says he has an urgent report to give you, but Aerith’s taking care of it.â€

Zack shook his head, frowned, and muttered, “This day just keeps getting worse...â€

As everyone was starting to search through the rubble again, they all stopped: Aerith was standing in the doorway. She was crying uncontrollably. Zack raced towards Aerith, with everyone following close behind.

“Aerith! Aerith, honey, what’s wrong?!†Zack asked, terrified at what could possibly have shaken her up so badly.

Aerith managed to fight the tears back enough to say a few words. They weren’t much, but they were still enough to send chills down people’s spines. While Zack hugged Aerith tightly after hearing those words, Squall ran out the room when he heard, Cid’s toothpick dropped out of his mouth, Yuffie’s knees knocked, and Cloud and Tifa stood there stunned. All from the same three words:

“It’s Sora. He’s…â€

“Irvine! Irvine! What’s going on over there?!â€

“Is that you, Squall? I can barely hear you over there!â€

Squall furiously adjusted the controls to try and get a better reception. Irvine’s face, covered in dust, appeared on the monitor.

“Irvine! What’s going on over there?! Report!â€

“Everything was quiet at the Destiny Islands, then, from out of nowhere, Sora appears and goes berserk…â€

As Irvine gave his report to Squall about all that happened while on the Destiny Islands, Squall couldn’t help but not focus. Sora was gone…out of all the warriors, all the fighters, all the people, he seemed like the last one anyone expected to die. He was so full of life and energy. Sure, he had his annoying qualities, but those paled in comparison whenever a problem presented itself. He always seemed eager to take it on, no matter what the risk, as if some other worldly force was guiding him, protecting him. And now this happens. At the height of Radiant Garden’s peace and prosperity, the greatest hero ever known was taken away…

“Boss?â€

“Irvine…how are the others?â€

“…I think you need to send somebody over here, sir. The Kairi girl isn’t looking too good.â€

Squall sighed and rubbed his temples. It wouldn’t surprise him that Irvine didn’t know that much about relationships, especially those of a steady couple. But, just to be safe, he took a chance, “What do you mean, Irvine?â€

“She’s passed out, and she hasn’t woken up yet. It’s been a couple of hours now.â€

Squall flinched. It appears as though his suspicions were confirmed, “Irvine, her boyfriend just died! She’s not going to take news like that well, at all! No one does!â€

“That’s just it, boss! Her sister knocked her out before her boyfriend was erased, also by her sister! It was just a simple knock on the head, and she’s been out almost ever since!†Squall was starting to understand his concern. That did seem a little odd. He made up his mind, “Okay, Valentine, Merlin and I will rendezvous to your location in a couple of hours. Have everyone meet at Sora’s house, and we’ll compare notes then. Squall out.†Irvine nodded, and then disappeared from the monitor.

A couple of hours? That’s how long Sora’s been gone? They could’ve had time to help Sora…if it hadn’t been for those…missions?

Squall’s head jerked up. Could that be it?

As Squall, Vincent, and Merlin appeared in a puff of smoke, they all flinched. The Destiny Islands looked worse than when Squall and Cloud picked up Sora and his friends. Everywhere they turned, there was wreckage of every piece of whatever. It was only a miracle that nobody was seriously hurt. The three proceeded to Sora’s house, grimacing as they proceeded.

Irvine and Selphie were on the porch of Sora’s house when they arrived. They were sitting in a bench swing in the front yard. Irvine was holding a crying Selphie right next to him while they slowly swung. Irvine looked up as Squall and the others arrived.

Squall opened his mouth to speak, but Irvine slightly shook his head. He mouthed I’ll meet you inside in a second. The three of them started to walk forward, until Selphie looked up at them.

“You!â€

Squall was surprised at the look on her face. The anger that Selphie displayed was like that of which no one on the islands had ever seen before. She quickly got up and started attacking Squall with one of her nunchuku.

“THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!â€

Her swings were that of a madwoman. They were wild, without focus, and weren’t coming anywhere close to hitting Squall. Despite that, he dodged them anyway.

“IF YOU HADN’T TAKEN SORA AWAY FROM US, HE WOULDN’T HAVE GOTTEN INVOLVED IN ALL OF THIS!â€

Irvine and Vincent each grabbed an arm of Selphie’s. She screamed bloody murder as she struggled to get free. Tears were running wildly down her face as she struggled.

“LET ME GO! LET ME GO!! IT’S HIS FAULT! ALL HIS FAULT!!â€

Her struggles didn’t last long. Eventually she slowly sank to the ground, sobbing and mumbling. Vincent slowly let go of her, but Irvine continued to hold her close to him as she continued to mumble.

“Let go…his fault…all his fault…â€

Squall lowered his head slightly, then raised it again. He motioned his head towards the house, while looking at Vincent and Merlin. Merlin looked appalled, but Vincent looked his usual grim self. Regardless, they both followed Squall inside.

The rest of the group was in the living area. Wakka and Tidus looked terrible. Wakka appeared as though he aged 10 years in one moment, and Tidus…considering he always looked happy whenever anyone was around, it was a shocking and unusual thing to see him sad, let alone depressed.

Sora’s parents didn’t fare much better. Like Selphie, Sora’s mother, Mary, was crying, her head in her hands. Sora’s father was holding his wife, while trying to fight back his tears. Sora’s mother looked up at Squall as he approached them.

“Squall…what happened? Why did those people…why did they take my baby away from me?â€

Squall turned his eyes away, “When Sora was out helping us, he had to fight unimaginable odds to save everyone. The fact that he would never back down when things got rough, or that he would risk everything to save anyone made him enemy to everyone who dared hurt anyoneâ€

“Your son was a hero, Mary, one of the best. That’s he was attacked.†Mary’s lips trembled as she tried to smile, “…he never could say ‘no’ to help me in the kitchen, when I needed it. Back when he was five, he would always stop to ask me if I needed help with anything from cookies to dishes…†She leaned her head on her husband, trying hard to keep smiling.

Vincent coughed, “Where’s Hiashi?â€

Sora’s father pointed up the stairs, “Kairi’s with her, too. She still hasn’t woken up yet, either.†Vincent nodded, and the three of them proceeded up the stairs.

Hiashi was sitting at the bedside of Kairi. Hiashi looked completely drained, holding one of Kairi’s hands with both of hers. Kairi was sleeping soundly, hardly breathing, like she was dead.

Hiashi turned towards Vincent and the others as they walked in. Her usual ‘no nonsense’ face quickly faded away as she saw him. She quickly got up and hugged him, as tight as possible.

“You alright, kid?†Vincent whispered. Hiashi nodded, but didn’t look at him, “I don’t know what’s going on, pops. I barely gave her a tap to knock her out, but she’s still not awake. I know it wasn’t that hard…â€

“What about Riku?†asked Squall.

Hiashi looked up at him, “He’s been gone since we took Kairi here. I’m not sure where he’s at,†She looked back down at Kairi, “He’s taken Sora’s departure worse than everyone downstairs.â€

“I can imagine,†Merlin said as he walked over to Kairi’s bedside and began to examine her, “Losing the best friend you’ve known all your life can’t be an easy thing.†Merlin sighed, “This just hasn’t been our month.â€

“It gets worse.â€

Everyone turned towards the doorway. Irvine walked towards the group.

“I just got done walking Selphie home, an’ heard a lot of unsettling things. Everyone seems to be turning on Sora, after that little ‘show and tell’ skit with his powers. There’s talk of a mob going to formed to ‘escort’ the rest of his family out of the neighborhood.â€

Squall was shocked, “Are you serious?!â€

Irvine nodded, “Yeah, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. At least, not tonight; the mayor apparently is on our side and is trying to keep things under control. He seems to want to know what’s going on as much as we do, though.†Irvine settled down in a chair on the other side of Kairi’s bed, “So, boss, what has been going on?â€

Squall leaned against a wall, “From what we’ve uncovered, Braig had more planned than just wanting Sora eliminated. Everyone on the main members of the restoration committee was assigned missions from Princess Namine, all of which seemed very important at the time…at least until we arrived at the assigned coordinates. When we arrived, there was nothing close to match what we assigned to: This was the same for every member. When we arrived at the throne room to confront the princess, it was practically destroyed.â€

Irvine shifted a little, while Hiashi shook her head. This just wasn’t getting any better.

Vincent spoke up, “We’ve reviewed several of the security cameras before they went dead. It seems that just after before noon, Namine had decided to leave for the market place, and while she was gone, a friend of ours decided to take her place and impersonate her. This guy,†he handed Hiashi a photo, “gave everyone those missions. Apparently, they planned on making sure the others were not here to help while Braig was having his fun with Sora.â€

Hiashi examined the photo. It was a rather small man, about 5’11, with shoulder length silver hair, with blue eyes. Hiashi rolled her eyes, “I should’ve known. This whole thing sounds like Ienzo’s doing. That little geek never did like getting his hands dirty.â€

Irvine smiled at the last sentence, but then frowned again, “You mentioned that they were after something, Vince?â€

Vincent flinched at ‘Vince’, but continued, “We know that he stole a few books from our main library, one from the astronomy section, one from the magical arts, and one from the scientific journals. As to which books, or what he’s planning, we don’t know: Ienzo decided to make a mess in there, too. We only know what the security camera showed us.â€

Hiashi stood up from sitting down, “So, what’s our next move? We can’t just let them get away with this.â€

“We don’t intend to, either,†replied Squall, “but we still can’t make much of a stand. Our forces have severely dwindled, and the only one who could stand a chance against him is…†Hiashi looked away, then looked back at him, “We can still take them! I can more than handle Braig and Ienzo!â€

Vincent put her hand on her shoulder, “Hiashi, we can’t. This isn’t about you’re hist-,â€

She shrugged his hand off her shoulder, “You’re right, it isn’t. That little punk erased someone very noble at heart!†She turned completely around to face Vincent, “I’ve acted horribly to a lot of people here, pops. I’ve treated them like the enemy when I shouldn’t have. This has to end now, and quite frankly, I really don’t care if you agree with me or not: I’ll go by myself if I have to!â€

Vincent raised an eyebrow. Hiashi’s eyes were different from what they used to be. They weren’t as…cruel.

“I’m afraid we still have another problem.â€

Everyone turned towards Merlin. He raised his head slowly, with a worried and drained look on his face.

“Kairi is very unresponsive, and from what I could gather from my instruments, she won’t wake up at all.†Hiashi shook her head, “There’s got to be something you can do!â€

Merlin sat down, “Her symptoms are very…unclear. It’s as if she’s entered a state of suspended animation. Her metabolic functions have slowed down to a very near stop. If she doesn’t wake up soon, she could suffer serious problems, assuming she wakes up later.â€

“How long until these ‘problems’ start to set in?†asked Squall. Merlin shook his head, “As early as a month.â€

Irvine’s face was furrowed, and he cocked his head, “S’cuse me, Merlin? Does this have anything at all to do with Sora’s demise? I mean, this happened almost practically the same time.â€

Merlin raised his arms in a shrug, “We don’t have any where near enough information to even begin to come to that conclusion. We’d have better luck going to the supermarket for fruit.â€

“Fruit…â€

Everyone turned towards Vincent, who looked like an idea was forming, “….I wonder… Merlin, could teleport a copy of ‘Legendary Fruits: The papou fruit’?†Merlin, confused, waved his wand, and a book appeared in front of Vincent. He started searching furiously through the pages.

“What are you looking for, pops?†Hiashi asked.

“Kairi was looking through this book before this mess started, and I remember hearing something about the papou fruit having magical properties…†Vincent replied while searching.

“I don’t see how,†replied Merlin, “Most of those legends are merely romantic ones, and some of the lesser known ones are for star formation.â€

“I was thinking of the romantic oneactually,†Vincent stated, still not looking up from the book, “Kairi seemed very surprised at what she found in the book when I came into the room. What if one of the bonds established by the fruit…Aha!†He stopped turning the pages and quickly sped read through the pages. Hiashi tilted her head up to see what Vincent was reading. The heading read ‘Side Effects’.

“Okay, I think we’ve found it,†Vincent looked up, “Irvine’s right. This has everything to do with Sora’s being gone. What’s worse, unless he returns, she won’t wake up.†Squall buried his head in one of his hands, “Is there anything we can do?â€

Vincent shook his head.

“Yes, there is.â€

Everyone looked at Hiashi. She looked like she was ready to punch the next person to disagree with her.

“There’s one thing we can do-,â€

“Look!â€

Irvine’s cry made everyone jump. He was standing up and pointing at Kairi like a madman. “She’s trying to say something!â€

Hiashi quickly put her ear next to Kairi’s mouth. After a minute, she pulled her head up, with a smug look on her face.

“Looks like Kairi’s on my side, after all. She just said ‘coliseum’.â€

10. Forever Love Life Without Limits

OH! OHMIGAWDDDD!

That last line. Pure genius! 8D

Awesome. I have a feeling I know what's going to happen now, which is why I freaked when I read the last line. xDDD

I'm excited. 8D

11. Marxaeus Traverse Town Homebody

Awesome

This is one of, no, it IS the best fan fiction I have ever read. Keep up the good work. Hopefully your finished the next chapter coz im going nuts!

12. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Wish granted! Here's the next update:

The rubble around Riku crumbled as he swung his keyblade. Ever since Elanore laid waste to the gang’s little hideaway, it became the perfect training ground for him: Lots of obstacles, and plenty of ways to let off steam.

C’mon, Riku, he thought, Faster, sharper, tighter!

He went through every technique he knew, every sword style he had seen, all the possible blocks he could think of, over and over again. Finally, he collapsed, drenched in sweat and out of breath. He looked to his right.

The sun was rising. He had been out there at least five hours. He lowered his head.

“I guess those two were right, after all.â€

Riku sharply turned his head towards the shore. Hiashi was walking towards him.

“How’d you find me? I thought nobody knew I was here.â€

Hiashi shrugged a little, “Reno and Rude saw you sneak to your rowboat last night. They saw me looking for you, and let me know.†She walked closer towards him, and looked around at his handiwork, “I see you’ve been busy.â€

Riku raised an eyebrow, but didn’t change his expression. What was she playing at? The other day she couldn’t stand breathing the same air as him, and now she was completely casual?

“I needed to let a few things out,†he said, a familiar, calming tone used.

Hiashi, not noticing, nodded, while still looking at the rubble, “So it appears,†she turned her head towards him, “Kairi still hasn’t woken up. Merlin and Vincent diagnosed it to be related to Sora’s being erased.†Riku lowered his head.

“It turns out they were linked together through some sort of magic…I need to know: Did Kairi ever lose her heart?†Riku looked up at her, confused, “Yeah.â€

“How did she lose it?â€

Riku sighed, but then proceeded to tell her everything, about how Kairi’s heart found refuge originally inside Sora, Sora’s releasing his to revive her, Namine being formed from it, and her connection to Xion, an unstable member of Organization XIII.

“This explains a lot,†Hiashi said, “Kairi told me about the drawing of her and Sora, the one where she and he are each eating a piece of papou fruit?†Riku nodded. Hiashi continued, “Vincent discovered that the drawing is actually part of spell, but only the first step of one. It turns out that papou fruit, whether it being the actual fruit or some sort of representation of it, is very powerful. Somewhere down the line, Kairi and Sora completed the link.â€

“What kind of link are we talking about here?†Riku asked. He wasn’t getting any of this.

Hiashi sighed and shook her head, “…this kind where two people are like one person. This bond is typically shared among twins, very close friends and brothers…or very close married couples. This link in particular was so strong, that if one goes…â€

“…the other one goes, too.†Riku was starting to get it, “So, what are you saying, exactly? That we have to revive Sora to save Kairi?†Hiashi nodded, “But in order to do that, we have to go straight to the source. Are you in?â€

Riku raised an eyebrow again, “Try and stop me.â€

In the dark depths of the Underworld, all was silent…that is, until a loud cackle was heard, across the caverns.

“HA HA HA! Well, I must admit, you little keyblade wielding brat! I didn’t think you’d ever get down here this soon!â€

As Hades held the fiery cage in his hand, the view of an immobilized, 4-inch tall Sora could be seen. Hades looked as though he received the greatest present in the worlds. Sora couldn’t see anything, especially with his eyes closed. The god of the Underworld danced around like a little school girl, until suddenly he stopped.

“Hey! Who’s that?†Hades looked around his quarters, “Last warning, newbie: I don’t take kindly to visitors! If you don’t reveal yourself now, I’ll make sure you become a permanent resident here in ‘La Place San Hades’!â€

A voice overhead laughed, “Okay! I’ll come down, Flame top! Don’t get your toga in a twist!â€

Hades rolled his eyes, “Oi. Braig. Should’ve known from the lack of subtly.â€

Braig laughed even harder as he heard Hades say those words. He appeared in a puff of smoke, “Hades! How’ve you been! It’s been too long!â€

Hades angrily pointed at Braig, “Hey, Shades! That entrance is copyrighted! You have to pay if you want to use it!†A sudden look of realization appeared on his face, “Which reminds me…,†He snapped his fingers, and four chains shot out from four different directions, each one grabbing a limb and pulling him, until it looked like a giant ‘X’ was in the middle of the room, “…you owe me a soul, namely yours!â€

Braig had a look of pure innocence on his face, “Hades, baby, c’mon! You know my not paying you wasn’t my fault! How was I to know my being stashed away would take that long? And besides: I’m here now, aren’t I? And with a new deal for you….something that you’ve been wanting a very long time…â€

Hades narrowed his eyes. He snapped his fingers twice: Once to make the chains disappear, the second to make his two minions appear.

“Pain,†Hades said. The little red imp saluted, “Panic,†the blue imp stood up straight, “get some refreshments in here while I talk business with our…potential client.†The two scurried away as fast as their short legs could carry them. Hades stood up from his chair, and with a flick of his wrist, made another chair appear in front of Braig.

“You have five minutes, Braig,†Hades stated, “This deal you have better be good. I hate it when people cheat me out of their bargains.â€

“About that,†Braig began. He pulled out a thick book, and a bottle of glowing liquid, “here’re the notes from the astronomy section that was promised; you should be able to learn all you need about planetary alignments from these. The bottle,†he said as he handed them to Hades, “is interest for being so late. It’s a rare, concentrated form of unicorn hair, strong enough to turn any god from evil to good…or vice versa.†Braig sat back, smiling, “My way of saying ‘sorry’.â€

Hades smirked, “Let’s hear your proposal, already.â€

Braig leaned forward, “Well, first the part you’re not going to like: It’s going to involve you letting go of Sora.â€

Hades smile quickly disappeared, “I don’t think I heard you correctly, Braig. You want me let go one of the biggest thorns in my side? A thorn that was trained by a goat man,†Hades started to stand, “who simultaneously trained the Son of Zeus, who’s also the one thing standing between me and ruling Mount Olympus?! What could I possibly gain from letting that snot-nosed, key wielding brat leave?!â€

Braig, not losing his composure, smiled again, “Someone who’s got more power than Sora. Someone who, if given the proper…motivation, would fight for you. Someone who, also, ironically, owes you his soul.â€

Hades eyes widened slightly, “Him?â€

Braig nodded, and with that Hades tossed his head back and cackled again. He wiped a tear from his eye, “Ah, you always did know how to make me laugh!†Braig shook his head, “No joke, Big H. If you play your cards right, you can have ‘him’ in place of Sora.â€

Hades sat back down again, “And what makes you think he’d agree to…,†His eyes widened again, “Ohhh, I see.â€

“Bingo,†Braig pointed with his index finger, “It won’t be long before he comes to you, most likely with a posse, to try and get Sora back. When they do, I would recommend you go with this,†Braig handed Hades a small amount of papers, “to lure them along. Once they’ve completed the requirements, you give them Sora.†Hades skimmed through the list, making an odd noise as he did. As he got halfway through the papers, he stopped, and looked up at Braig, a little annoyed, “An ‘iron-clad contract’? Are you insinuating I don’t keep my word?â€

Braig shrugged, “Hey, man, I’ve never had a problem with you whenever we did business, but let’s face it: Whenever those ‘heroes’ were involved, and the tide started to turn, you took business in your own hands. This way, suspicion is thrown off, and they can be rest assured that you’ll keep your word.†Braig held out his hand, “So, what do you say, Big H, do we have a deal?â€

Hades put the papers down, and stared at Braig, “I’m curious, Braig. What do you have to gain by giving me this soul, and letting the brat have a second chance?â€

Braig retracted his hand, “With all the heroes running around on my old stomping grounds, it’s making the neighborhood a bit distasteful. So, I’m thinking of finding some new…real-estate, but I’d rather they not be traveling from world to world finding me…at least, not until I have my new house up. Besides,†Braig shimmered for a second, until his appearance cd into that of a familiar, spiky haired boy, “I just want to hang out with my friends and girlfriend again!†He then shimmered back into his original form.

Hades nodded slightly, an approving look on his face, “That’s a new trick. How’d you learn that one?â€

“Oh, a bud of mine, Ienzo, had this ability: To change his appearance to anyone, or anything, he wished. He used it to get his hands on some stuff. He didn’t need it anymore after that, so I…relieved him of it.†He smiled, and extended his hand again, “So, do we have a deal?â€

Hades smiled, his fanged teeth showing. He shook hands with Braig, “Deal.â€

13. Forever Love Life Without Limits

*gaspeth*

You are a sneaky, twisted one. I was actually hoping the actual Sora would have a chance. But now that Braig's shapeshifting, my hopes kind of went down the drain because of my own personal thoughts on how this is going to go.

*sigh* I suppose I'll have to wait until the next update, huh? Well, good job, anyways!

14. ♦Demon♥Angel♦ Gummi Ship Junkie

&lt;&lt;insert witty comment here&gt;&gt;
    VINCENT!!! HE WANTS VINCENT'S SOUL!! That ....witch.... I hated Braig from the begining. And Even. XP ****.

15. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Whew, these updates are taking longer than expected. Anywho...

“The course is set. We should arrive at the Underworld in a few hours.â€

Vincent stretched after he punched in the coordinates into the gummi ship. He wasn’t looking forward to going to the Underworld, but at least he didn’t have to worry about it for awhile. A good thing from leaving from the Destiny Islands, he thought. He looked towards the passenger side; Hiashi was staring out at space…literally and figuratively.

Vincent shifted a little. He was never very good at comforting, especially when there was a death involved.

After a bit of a pause, he finally spoke up, “…are you okay?â€

Hiashi sighed, “I don’t know, Pops. It looks I’ve failed at whatever I’ve set out to do as soon as I woke up: I tried to make sure my sis would stay safe, and I blew it. I tried not to get close to her friends, and that happened anyway…and now one of them is gone,†She let her head hang low, and in a raspy voice said, “…Why is this happening, Dad?â€

Vincent watched her as she started to breathe hard. What could he possibly say to her?

“…I don’t know, Hiashi. I truly don’t know.â€

She quickly got up and left the cockpit, leaving only a single sentence behind.

“Neither do I.â€

Hiashi sat in a window seat, in the main lobby of the ship. She palmed her face with her elbow on the armrest of the chair. It felt like her insides were being churned.

“Penny for your thoughts?â€

Hiashi looked up, startled. Riku had wandered in from…well, somewhere. It really didn’t matter where, to Hiashi. What did matter to here, was that he wandered in without her noticing.

You’re getting sloppy, girl, she thought. She frowned at that.

Riku, acting upon the frown, smiled, and said, “Or is this the part where I get slapped again?â€

Hiashi laughed at that, “Yeah, about that: I may have…overreacted, when you tried to…you know.â€

Riku raised an eyebrow, “Well, now that you mention it…,†Riku sat down in a chair across from her, “Don’t worry about it.â€

Hiashi was floored. She slapped the guy for asking if she was okay, and he says ‘don’t worry about it’?

“How can you say that? Something like that shouldn’t be so easy to just…brush off!â€

Riku shrugged, “If you didn’t want to share your problem, you had the right to refuse. Nothing wrong with that,†He leaned forward, “So…does this mean you’re not going to tell me what’s bothering you?â€

Hiashi frowned and looked out the window, “It’s just…frustrating. It doesn’t feel like I’ve accomplished anything over the last few years…it’s certainly no exception, now that I’ve woken up.â€

She looked back at him, remembering, “Let me ask you something: You’ve known my sister and Sora for a long time, right?â€

“At least eight years,†Riku replied, “Kairi…about a month less. Why?â€

“Did you…†Hiashi started, then paused. How does one ask this? “Did…was there any part of the friendship between the three of you…did anything conflict?â€

Riku thought about that for a second, “Well, Sora and I were always competitive towards each other. It especially escalated when we were trying to find a way to save Kairi. The only time that ‘conflict’ resulted was when the whole ‘keyblade’ mess started,†He shifted a little as remembered trying to fire a fireball at Sora, when they at Hollow Bastion together for the first time, “Does that answer your question?â€

“Not really,†she raised her hands slightly, “What I mean is…before that, was there…did you guys like each other straightaway, or were there problems at first?â€

Riku nodded, “Ah, I see,†He leaned back in the chair and looked up towards the ceiling, “Well, we got along great, including Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie. The problem was that my parents…well, they didn’tâ€

“My parents didn’t really approve of my being friends with Sora and the others. I don’t know why, but they never really liked him or his family. Sora's family was always nice to everyone, especially my parents, but my parents still didn’t like them. They thought Sora’s family was nothing but trouble, and forbade me from seeing them.â€

“What did you do about it?†Hiashi asked.

“I did what any kid did whenever their parents gave an order,†Riku replied, grinning a little, “I would sneak out when they weren’t looking, and head over to our hideout,†Riku sat up a little more, the grin bigger, “That would change frequently. My parents found us almost every time, and each time they did, I’d get the longest, most drawn out lecture any kid could take. I would nod my head, sometimes with some music playing in my head, and then sneak out all over again.â€

Hiashi laughed as she pictured a smaller Riku, who was nodding his head to some ridiculous music, all the while being yelled at by a much taller adult.

Riku frowned, “It got worse over time. Soon, the lectures turned into yells, the yells turned into threats. By this time, I was old enough to yell and fight back,†He sat up completely, “That was when I decided to run away…only I kind of lied about it to the others.â€

“What do you mean?†asked Hiashi.

“Well…when Sora and Kairi stumbled onto what I was doing, I told them I was going to explore the other worlds, since Kairi came from another one. The two got excited, and insisted on coming along. An adventure with my two best friends,†Riku smiled at the original thought, “How could I refuse?â€

“...I should’ve found a way. It’s because of me that this whole mess started. If I hadn’t wanted to run away…â€

“I heard about your parents passing, Riku.â€

Riku looked back at her, stunned, “How’d you-?â€

Hiashi shook her head, “Not important. Believe me, though, you’re not responsible for any of this. Yeah, you screwed up at one point in time, but the fact that you’re trying to make up for it? I don’t think anyone bears any hard feelings toward you.†She looked away, fidgeting slightly, "For what it's worth, I'm sorry about your loss."

“Even if they don’t, what makes you think I’m not responsible?â€

Hiashi looked at him, and sat back, a little smug, “Because, if there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s pointing fingers. I’ve pretty much blamed you guys for everything, from getting people in danger, to causing ‘mad cow disease’, and even I can see that this isn’t your fault.â€

Riku laughed at that, “Well…when you put it that way…†He sighed and smiled, “…thanks, Hiashi.â€

There was a sudden quiet among them. Neither of them said anything for a good minute, until Riku started, “I’ve a question…you promise to not get mad?â€

She shrugged, “Shoot.â€

“Promise not to slap me again?â€

Hiashi, although a little amused at the comment, didn’t necessarily like where this was going, “…okay, what is it?â€

“…what happened with you and your boyfriend?â€

Hiashi shut her eyes for a second. She really didn’t want to remember that jerk.

“If you don’t want to talk about…â€

“No,†Hiashi shook her head, “no, I…I think this has been in the shadows long enough. I don’t think I’ll be able to move on, unless I talk about it,†She looked at the puzzled Riku, “You’re going to be in for a long story.â€

“I’ve got a few hours. Go ahead.â€

Hiashi took a deep breath, and started…

Hiashi and Braig ran out of the forest outside of the city. Hiashi was laughing as Braig tried to catch up to her. They were playing ‘tag’, and Braig was ‘it’.

“C’mon, Hiashi! I’ve got to get back to the lab soon! Dr. Lucrecia’s going to have a cow if I’m late again!â€

“Well, you’re going to have to run faster if you want your keycard back!â€

The two 16-year olds ran towards the edge of a rather steep hill, when Braig said, “Oh, yeah?†He then lept towards Hiashi, tackled her in midair, and together, the two tumble-rolled down to the bottom of the hill. Once they stopped rolling down, they rolled with laughter.

“I can’t believe you did that!†Hiashi exclaimed, still laughing, “You’re usually ‘Mr. Clean’, and now look at you!†Braig examined himself. His white lab coat was covered in green streaks. It looked like a bad, tye-dye attempt. Still, he smiled.

“I get to change lab coats as soon as I go in. The same can’t be said for you, and your uniform.â€

Hiashi shrugged while lying down, “Eh, pops is used to my coming in like this. After the first seven or eight times, he stopped asking.†She chuckled as she remembered his first reaction: Wide eyed and jaw dropped. She sighed and closed her eyes at that pleasant thought.

“Uh-huh,†Braig smiled, “Does he know about this?†He leaned towards Hiashi and gently pressed his lips next to hers. When he leaned back, Hiashi’s face matched the color of her hair: Scarlet. Her eyes and mouth were open, her face a little surprised.

“I guess not,†Braig said, amused.

Hiashi smiled, still blushing. She got up, took Braig’s hand, and the two proceeded back to Radiant Garden together.

“Hey, Braig, what was it you wanted to show me earlier?â€

“You mean before you stole my keycard?†poked Braig, “Sorry, but after that stunt, you’ll have to wait ‘til later tonight. It’s a surprise.â€

She hugged his arm as he said that, “Aw, c’mon! Not even a hint?â€

He paused for a moment, and then said, “You really want to see?†Hiashi nodded quickly. “Alright, c’mon! We’ll have to hurry, so I won’t be late!â€

“Whoa… what is that thing?â€

Hiashi and Braig were standing in front of a large machine, shaped like a large cylinder, but with a lot of strange attachments.

“It’s an experiment by Xehanort. He says that this is some kind of capsule that will generate the same energy that a heart does.†Braig smiled as he said it, “We’re only steps away from completing it.â€

“Wait,†said Hiashi, “I know about this! Ansem banned this experiment!†She pushed away from Braig, “You should know that! What’s really going on here, Braig?!†Braig just stood there smiling. For a moment, Hiashi couldn’t understand why…until she felt the heavy object hit her in the back of the head.

“Ooog…What’s?â€

Hiashi tried to move her limbs. They were tied down. It looked like she was on some experiment table…oh joy. Aside from that, she was surrounded by countless machines, and each one of them looked like something she didn’t like.

“Have a nice nap, love?â€

A person in a lab coat came out of the shadows, but it wasn’t who she thought it was. The man had unkempt hair that was tied back in a ponytail, sunglasses on, and had long fingernails that were sharpened to a point. He smiled, his pointed, yellow teeth gleaming, with his trademark fangs shining the brightest.

“Wolf?!†Hiashi breathed, “What are you-…What’s going on here?! I thought you were in prison!!â€

“I got out for good behavior, love, and I’m ready to show my appreciation to you.â€

“Don’t call me ‘love’, Wolf!†Hiashi spat, “The warmest moment we’ve ever had with each other was when I threw you into the ice last winter!â€

“Aw, now, that’s no way to treat your beau, love. After all…â€

Braig pushed one of the buttons on the wall. A machine that was a couple of feet away from Hiashi started to hum and glow. After a moment, it shot a beam of light at Wolf, until his image changed into someone that filled Hiashi with horror.

“…we did kiss a few times.†said Wolf.

“…No,†Hiashi started to shake her head, “No! No! You can’t be Braig! What have you done to him?!â€

Wolf turned off the machine, and his image changed back, “Oh, it’s no joke, love. Hate to break it to you, but it wasn’t an angel you’ve been smooching. As for ‘Braig’…well, let’s just say there’s a reason why I called myself ‘Wolf’; I couldn’t stand that name when I was younger, but if it was to keep you in the dark…who was I to refuse?†Hiashi started to tear up. This just couldn’t be happening. This had to be a lie!

“Excellent work, Braig.â€

Another man came out of the shadows. This time he was a few inches taller than Braig, a little older, and very different looking in comparison. He had long, white hair, shaped almost like an odd fin in the front, but hung down in the back. His hair looked odd with his tanned appearance.

“Xehanort?!†This was just too much for Hiashi, “What’s going on here?! Why are you doing this?!†As she asked these questions, more people in lab coats started to appear.

“Ienzo, Even, Braig, Eleus, Dilin, Bleig,†Xehanort waved with one hand, “and Elanore, welcome. You’re just in time for the experiment.â€

“Elanore?! You’re here, too?!†Hiashi struggled to get free, but to no avail. Elanore sneered, “Of course, little girl! How else do you think you’re…charming boyfriend could’ve gotten out of jail so many times?â€

“As to why you’re here,†Xehanort started, “we need a test subject for a hypothesis that we’ve developed: We’ve know that darkness is all around us, but at the same time hidden from us. Always here, but never there, but at the same time it is here. Our research has shown that hearts are born from darkness, and can return to it. Therefore, the experiment is this: To find a way into the realm of darkness, we need to create a doorway, but we need a heart to do it…you’re going to be our first test subject, little one.â€

“Why me?!â€

“Braig has been more than helpful with our experiments, and has a surprisingly vast knowledge when it comes to experiments on the heart. His theories surmised that you were to be the perfect candidate for this gateway…this ‘door to darkness’, if you will.â€

“You won’t get away with this, Wolf!†Hiashi screamed as she struggled to get free.

Wolf pressed a few buttons and flipped a few switches, “I already have, love! Alas, you won’t survive the process, I’m afraid. Pity…you were such a good kisser, too!†The machines hummed and moaned as they warmed up. Lightning flew from one end of a machine to another, until finally Wolf pressed another button the machines stopped.

“All warmed up,†He laughed, and then walked to another machine. He pressed another button, and several large contraptions in it swirled noisily, “We’ve also discovered that the only way to get the ‘door’,†The swirling stopped. Braig reached inside, and pulled out a large, odd looking sword, “is with the right ‘key’. Let’s see if this works, love.†Braig walked towards the terrified Hiashi…

Riku sat there, awe struck as he listened to her story. He knew hers was a tortured story, but this?

“What…what happened after-?â€

Hiashi shook her head, “I don’t know. When I came to, everyone was gone, Vincent had brought me to the hospital, and he…well, he looks like he does now.†She gripped the armrest as hard as she could.

Riku sat back, “Well, this explains why you couldn’t trust us…but why didn’t we know about this? A machine that could manufacture keyblades? Ansem spent a lot of time spying on the Organization, and I’m certain King Mickey would’ve heard…â€

“Again, I don’t know,†Hiashi looked out the window. The Underworld was getting closer, “but I do know that their experiment failed: They still need the keyblade…which raises another question.â€

“What’s that?â€

“Why did they let Sora die?â€

16. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Oooh. Very good cliffhanger, there.

Makes me wanna read more, but I know I have to wait. ;D

Good job and hope you can get the next one out soon!

17. Konefeddi Destiny Islands Resident

This is a pretty good story, I REALLY didnt like wen Sora died, it madeded me cry a little, but otherwise good story!! and are those the actual names of the Org. heartless? cuz I mights have them in meh Fanfiction ;)

18. ♦Demon♥Angel♦ Gummi Ship Junkie

&lt;&lt;insert witty comment here&gt;&gt;
    Again with the cliffhanger and the tortcuring and the....other stuff....

I loved it!

19. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

As I am sure you are aware I have been going through creativity and despamming everything, I came to this thread and it completely took me in, I have read the entire thing, I have cried and laughed and dude,

I have read a lot of fanfics, I have read a lot of stories, some amazing, some kind of not, but this, just, lets just say it is one of the best I have ever read.

20. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Sorry, school's been taking up my time again. Here's the next chap:

“Ugh…I didn’t think it’d be this…cold.â€

Riku, Hiashi, and Vincent stepped into the intersection of the Olympus Coliseum, the Road of the Dead, and the Cave Entrance that led to Hades’ Chambers. The three of them gazed at the flashing lights of the Underworld Coliseum, as Hiashi shivered slightly.

“With all the things I’ve heard about this place,†she started, “you’d think there’d be a few more fires!â€

“Most things in life are never what you’d expect them to be,†Vincent replied, not taking his eyes off the coliseum. He turned towards Riku, “Have you ever faced Hades?â€

Riku shook his head, “No, but I know what he’s like: He’s a narcissist, completely self-centered, full of ego, and a lot of flames to back it up. He’s not used to having attention taken away from him, either.â€

Vincent nodded, “Right,†He turned to Hiashi, “Do you think you can find him?†She shook her head, “No. I’ve been trying to for the last few minutes, but his aura’s all over the place. He could very well be right behind us, and I wouldn’t see it coming.†Vincent shook his head, “Don’t worry about that. He doesn’t appear everywhere at once.â€

Riku looked at him, “Do you know Hades?†Vincent continued to stare at the coliseum.

“We met once…â€

The three continued to proceed through the caves that led to Hades’ Chambers, careful not trip over anything. Riku was amazed at the lack of heartless they’ve encountered. Usually these caves were full of them, but now, there were hardly any.

As they neared the exit of the caves, they came upon the main bridge that led to the entrance. Vincent looked down, towards the river of souls. He shook his head, and continued to walk forward. Riku saw his looking at the river, and spoke up, “So, how do you know Hades?â€

Before Vincent could reply, two small poofs of smoke appeared in front of them. Two imps, one blue, the other red, emerged from the smoke.

“Well, it’s about time!†said Panic. He crossed his arms, and tapped his foot, looking extremely annoyed. Pain waved his index finger, “Tsk, tsk, tsk. You know, it’s not nice to keep his most lugubriousness waiting!†They both waved their hands toward the entrance and said, in unison, “Follow us!†The three of them looked at each other uneasily, but followed.

“Well, well, the ‘other’ keyblade brat has arrived! And with friends! Welcome!â€

Hades appeared in front of them in a huge pillar of smoke as the trio were escorted in by Pain and Panic, his voice booming. He acted like he just accomplished truly enormous.

With Sora in his possession, he probably did.

As Hades sat behind his chair, he snapped his fingers, making three more chairs appear. The three sat down, none of them letting down their guard, or their gaze, from Hades.

“Now, I have a guess as to why you’re here, but,†Hades started waving his hands around a little, and with a somewhat dramatized tone, said, “let’s say, for the sake of conversation, that I don’t. What brings you all to my door this early?â€

“You know why we’re here, Hades,†said Riku, “We want to make a deal. What do we have to do to get Sora back?â€

Hades leaned back in his chair, smiling, “Now, listen, kid, I don’t see you in the same way that Maleficent did. Someone as valuable as Sora…well, you’re going to have to give me something, someone, or do something just as valuableâ€

“And while I’m sure,†Hades said from behind the trio, causing them to jump out of their chairs, “that you’d all be willing to take your place for him, both separately or all three at once… well, I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I don’t make that deal anymore. At least, not with heroes, anyway.†Hades rubbed his eyes with his fingers, “It’s just no fun anymore when the heroes feel satisfied to be prisoners if they succeed…â€

Riku rolled his eyes from behind his hair, “So, what do you want?â€

Hades moved his fingers from his eyes, “I have here,†he made a twist of his wrist, and a piece of paper with scribbles of writing on it, “a contract regarding specific tasks and performances that each of you must perform. If you are able to fulfill it, that’s it, Sora’s yours, but if not…well, then I get something from you…thing is, though, you won’t know what my demand is until after you fail.†Hades smiled crookedly, “Choose carefully, now.â€

Riku nodded, “A blank agreement. That’s a new one…but why are you making such a demand?â€

“Because he’s on thin ice with Zeus.â€

The four of them turned around to the entrance. While Vincent, Riku, and Hiashi’s expressions were confused, Hades turned sour, a little annoyed. Walking towards them was a tall man, very robust, with one arm in a sling, a long red coat, a huge sword on his back, and a scar over one of his eyes. Auron walked, almost in a proud manner, towards them, but stopped short. He pointed at Hades with the arm that wasn’t in a sling, and spoke.

“He’s been warned by the Gods of Olympus to stop his mischief towards this world’s mortals. Any more lies and deceit he conducts, and he will lose his right to rule the Underworld.â€

Riku raised an eyebrow, “Auron, right? Sora told me about you,†Riku turned his head back towards the contract, “So, you’ve got to stick with a contract in order to make sure you stay out of trouble, huh?â€

Hiashi stared at the parchment, “If that’s the case, then the requirements must be ridiculously high.â€

Vincent sighed. There was no avoiding it, he guessed. It needed to be asked, so…

“What do you want us to do?â€

“Ah, well, since you asked,†Hades pointed at the Underdrome, in the distance of his window, “You’re going to test out a new tournament I’ve come up with. This little beauty will be a smash with the audience. It’s designed to put you up against the challenger’s worst possible scenarios. I call it the ‘Paranoia Cup’!†He grinned again, “All you need to do to enter are two things: First, sign the contract, and then, sign up registration with Pain or Panic…whether you want to do it by yourselves or in a group is totally up to you.â€

The three looked at each other. Vincent spoke again, “What guarantee do we have that you actually will carry this out? What proof do we have that you’re as much bound to it as we are?†Hades rolled his eyes. He highlighted a line on the contract with his finger. The lit up sentence read, ‘The God of the Underworld, since it is he who has created this contract, is legally bound to fulfill whatever requirements this deed demands, just as much as the individual(s) who sign it’.

“Happy now?†he said, sarcastically. The three looked at each other again, and each signed it.

“I’m not so sure we should’ve signed that, Pops. This just reeks of a trap.â€

Vincent sighed as the trio arrived back at the intersection where they started. As Riku went to Pain and Panic to register, he started, “I don’t like it any more than you do, Hiashi, but it’s our only shot. Besides, even Hades can’t break a contract.†He palmed his head in his hand, and rubbed his temples.

Riku returned, “We’re all signed up. There’s going to be a boat to come pick us up in about two minutes.â€

Hiashi laughed a little, “He doesn’t waste any time, does he?†In little to no time at all, the boat for the trio appeared. The driver motioned for the three of them to come in. This was it.

As the three walked into the arena of the coliseum, Riku was startled at th number of people were in the audience. He had never seen that many ghouls and phantoms before.

“So…any guesses as to how he’s gonna do this?†As if on cue, Hades appeared over the stadium, “Welcome, to the first ever PARANOIA CUP! This will be a special, three-round tournament, where are only three challengers face, get this, folks: THE WORST OF THEIR FEARS!†The crowd roared with cheers. Vincent, Hiashi, and Riku looked around in anticipation. It almost felt as though the audience was in the actual arena with them.

“So, let’s get started!â€