venting

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by . : tale_wind, Aug 24, 2015.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

this year i've taken to expressing some of my opinions on various issues on my facebook page. but lately any time i make a post or even comment on something or even LIKE a comment i have one or both of my parents jumping down my neck demanding that i explain myself to them. like just today i shared this video and my mom started attacking me asking if i'd say the same things if "police" were replaced with "muslims" or "women" etc and insisting that it's unfair to judge an entire group based on the actions of some and that police aren't any different. and i'm just so sick of having to justify anything i do on facebook and it's to the point where i'm thinking about just saying "screw it" and deactivating but it's how i keep in touch with a lot of friends, not to mention i'm a moderator in a pretty big group. i can't block my parents, else i face even bigger backlash ("WHY have you BLOCKED me????'). and i'm just so done with this entire fiasco.

2. Mish smiley day!

You can hide statuses from certain people on facebook.

Do that or just block them and deal with the fallout.

3. Karuta Reborn

This.

Or, make a second account (possibly under an alias) where you can do whatever you want, and keep your current one just for your parents/family.