Birth by Sleep Ventus, Terra, or Aqua?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Excasr, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Which of the three do you prefer?
    Do you like more Ven because...? You enjoyed playing with Terra why...? Aqua is the one I like because...?

Personalty, I like Ventus because... what he did in the final of the game (I won't spoil); I like Terra because he's cool; and I like Aqua because she is the one who more relate with myself.

What is your opinion?
    The gameplay and the story, both are OK to compare.

2. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    Aqua All Day

I love Aqua to death for the fact that finally a Female in Kingdom Hearts(Besides Xion) is taking some names and just bodying so many people. The way she moves so swiftly as she does her combos and her constant struggle to bring her friends together really gets to me. I can relate to her a lot more than I can with Ventus and Terra(Not to say they aren't cool themselves I like them too.) But I've had it with girls in games playing that Damsel in distress bs. It really is irritating because I'm always constantly surrounded by very strong Women that can do things that only Men could, should, would do. On here, at school, BOCES they are taking, and making names for themselves. Even those Allstate Mayhem Commercials(Yea look it up two females made that up and they not only got that promo that are racking in the dough.) they are taking it to the next level. And to me I find it that Aqua is saving their asses a lot so I respect her so much for that.

AQUA ALL DAY

3. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

Aqua is probably my favourite character in the series. She's just...well...badass, but is still friendly and empathetic. She probably had the hardest 10 years of all of them: Terra is stuck inside his own mind with Xehanort, bored as heck, and Ven is in Sora's heart, quite comfortable. Aqua is stuck in the Dark Realm fighting Heartless constantly.

I think she is arguably the most powerful, too. She's the only surviving true Keyblade Master that isn't evil, and she beat Terranort in his original form alone. Sora always had help, either from Riku or Donald and Goofy.

Plus, the askmasteraqua tumblr is hilarious.

I...I think she is my waifu.

4. Llave Superless Moderator

I think one of the reasons why I like BBS the most is because we get a taste of three different fighting styles. If I had to make a decision and say which style is my favorite, I'd have to say Ventus.

I like how his style is similar to Sora and Roxas, only fighting with an upside down Keyblade. I really like that style and it suits him well.

5. Void of Self Destiny Islands Resident

Thanks to Llave, i got into BBS as well. Though i do have to be the oddball and say that Terra was my favorite character. I like the direct way he does things, even if he does get taken over by the Darkness. He just runs in, bashes heads, and waits way too long to ask questions.

I also like Ventus, for the same reason Llave has mentioned above.

Aqua is my least favorite in gameplay, thought awesome in the storyline. Honestly i am horrible at using her.

6. Misty gimme kiss

Unfortunately I've not played Birth by Sleep (I lack a PSP), but of the three, I found Aqua's character and storyline most enjoyable. It was nice to actually have a Strong Female Character in a Kingdom Hearts game, and I absolutely loved the design of her outfit and armor. Her ending was quite heartbreaking, but it was definitely very Kingdom Hearts-y; doing most anything for one's friends.

Ven was a bit whiny to me (sorry!) and Terra, while I love angst, ended up falling flat often... probably mostly because of his voice actor. He really killed it for me.

7. Krowley Moderator

Character wise, I would have to go with Aqua.
    She seemed the most level headed and made the most effort to keep things together. Being the first female playable character, she made a great impression.

Gameplay wise, I wouldn't know who to choose.
    I loved each character for their exclusive abilities and commands.
    With Aqua, I loved using Raging Storm, Triple Firaga, and Seeker Mine.
    With Ven, I loved using Salvation, Ars Arcanum, and Tornado.
    With Terra, I loved using Meteor, Quake, and Warp.

Most fun to use would Probably be Ventus, Most Helpful; would be Aqua, and the strongest would be Terra.
    Each Character has their advantages, Disadvantages.

8. nickoboyzx Gummi Ship Junkie

i like ven the most
    cause ven look like roxas
    i like when ven use faith,ars uricum ( if i type right),salvation,a command that use 2 slot except tornado
    for terra
    i think he a strength type
    haven't use him cause
    my brother BBS some how can't fight boss everytime fight boss the PSP shut down automatically
    ( my brother gonna kill me if he know it cause that is his favorite game too)
    i like him a little

as for aqua
    not that much
    i only like the cartwell
    i use it everytime than walk

9. snuffle.roxas Moogle Assistant

Aqua.
    She's like mega ultra super cool~
    and She's like magic type/mage type
    and I happen to love her commands in game

but Ventus comes in close second for being adorable and all LOL
    and I guess I don't like to use Terra that much since I am not good with using him in BBS. :D

10. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Terra, always. I like characters with big strides and heavy hits. Terra's style is also the most dangerous for the most profit of the three; his vulnerable periods are longer on almost all of his skills.

I actually have a tendency to play Terra as a mage, and I enjoy it much more than playing Aqua as one. Of course, mostly I just use Quake and Mega Flare, or occasionally a Dark Firaga to get me into Dark Impulse mode. It's funny because I use the Neverland keyblade. The pretty yellow-green one with the tulips on the end? And in the arena my armor is color-coded to match. Picture Terra dressed up like a giant flower, throwing up stalagmites and cannonball-sized fireballs every which-a way, then sprouting a black aura and big red hands. Funniest sh#% you ever did see.

11. Shadox D. Twilight Town Denizen

Couldn't stand Aqua, the way that she's trying to bring together her friends so hard is annoying. Just everything about her irritates me... Why isn't she in the kitchen where she's supposed to be? I kid, I kid. I just love to make sexist jokes.
    Seriously though, I'm glad I finished her story first so I could get her out of the way. Pretty much the only thing I liked about her was the all-around shield.

Terra, now there's a guy I could play for a while. He's strong (though his slowness tended to irritate) and does what pretty much anyone would do, go find himself. What I didn't like was the whole "where did the darkness come from?... I don't mean to be bad" spill. Oh and how naive he is. So much better than Aqua though, she's annoying and I'd want to play a guy more in general. Second story finished.

Ven, now there's a guy I could play all day. He's fast, not annoying at all, and I can relate to him and all his confusion. Favorite character and still doing his story. Love the Superglide because anything like flying is the bomb, and his rebelness. Also, upside-down keyblade is amazing.

I've played KH 1, KH 2, CoM, and now BBS. BBS was such a horrid game when I started playing, probably because of stupid Aqua, but about halfway through Terra's story I've learned to deal with it. Still not my game of choice, especially since the stories of each world are short and you have to keep fighting the same Unversed over and over again to get EXP without having much of a story. Also wished for a cooler and wider amount of keyblades, a lot of them were the same between characters and didn't give each character too much of originality. I would give it 2 out of 5 stars personally, but to those who enjoy the game just keep enjoying it.

12. Cloud.Strife. Traverse Town Homebody

I always liked Ventus, maybe just because his speed, maybe just because he looks like my favorite character, but he always was my favorite.

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

At first I liked Ventus only because he looked like Roxas, but when I got the game I found to easier to play. Plus his Wing Blade was very cool.

14. SonGoku Destiny Islands Resident

It would have to be Ventus first since he was so quick and he could use the command Faith = Ownage. I really don't like Terra since his story is a bit too difficult, and switching from Ven to Terra is hard since Terra is so slow. As for Aqua? HOT, HOT, and more hotness <3

15. nekochanninja Moogle Assistant

I think I have to say that my favorite is a toss up between Terra and Ventus. Now, don't get me wrong! I think Aqua is awsome too, but... I don't know. I just can't get myself to like her as much as the boys. I think that part of the problem with me liking her is that we don't get nearly as much of a story from her perspective of the game until the very end. The majority of the game with her is seeing her reaction to everything that Ven and Terra has done, and I personally found it a little boring, so that may be part of what's affecting my opinion of her. Like others have said, it's great that she's not the typical "damsel in distress" and can obviously take care of herself in a fight, and she doesn't have an obnoxious personality. In my opinion though, she did make a couple of conclusions that I felt she shouldn't have since she wasn't there to see what actually happened and didn't have all the facts, so that definately affected my opinion of her. Ven and Terra though, since the backbone of the story revolves around them, I think that helped me to really get to like them better. I was more interested in playing their sides since I wanted to know what would happen to them next and also in Vens case, what his connection to Sora was.

16. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

That's hard to choose. They're all pretty badass, they're all pretty hot, and they all had good stories..
    But I'm gonna go with Terra or Aqua.
    Probably Terra, because I found him the most interesting. The whole Terranort thing is important to the KH series.
    Now, I'm not saying the other two werent important, because they were just as.
    I just found him the most interesting(:
    But I love this trio because they don't get boring along with the traits I listed above.

17. larxenex Merlin's Housekeeper

My favorite's Aqua because she's strong and she's a good female character in KH Birth by Sleep. I like her story the most instead of her three friend's stories.

18. Jin うごかないで

I have to say ventus. Not only was he fast but he was quite strong too.

He was balanced between terra and aqua, because terra's attacks were always slow as hell and aqua's physical attack was reduced more than the others, but overall i'd have to pick ventus.