Support Solved Video Resolution

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

My videos have always been small in size, though I actually think they got just a bit smaller since I got my new Roxio capture card in November 2013.

Old Roxio:

New Roxio:

They may be the same, actually, but I don't know, but this newer version definitely produces better quality.

This is typically how they look when I'm recording:

upload_2014-9-6_11-8-0.png

However, if I click on another video on that list, while it's loading, it's wider for some reason (this is how I always want it to be):

upload_2014-9-6_11-8-44.png

Then it goes back to what it originally is:

upload_2014-9-6_11-9-5.png

How can I get my videos to fill the whole screen, like so?

Here are my settings (these next two images are with live video):

upload_2014-9-6_11-12-49.png

Changing the resolution to 16:9 seems to do nothing:

upload_2014-9-6_11-13-23.png

And if I close Roxio and re-open it, as soon as the video feed loads, it resets to 4:3.

These are my options when exporting videos:

upload_2014-9-6_11-22-24.png

Thanks!

2. Misty gimme kiss

You're stretching your videos by making them fill the screen by that. The PS2 does not output wide screen video.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Are you referring to this part?

If so, it doesn't come out as that. It's just for some reason when I click on a video in the list, it very briefly shows in widescreen, but then it goes back to, I think, 4:3.

Interesting. Then how are people making PS2 and PS games widescreen? Because I see a lot of those, such as that Kingdom Hearts example I provided above, around YouTube. For example, if you look at one of the videos here, my friend made them fit the YouTube video player screen even though the videos I had sent him were originally in 4:3 like in my OP in this thread above.

Edit: But there's really nothing I can do, is there? Which I'm completely fine with. I don't really care and was only curious. :)

This is how I have my settings in WMM set, and despite 4:3 being the same size, 16:9 actually produces better quality:

WMM.png

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.