Voting and Suggestions! (Suggestions are CLOSED.)

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Jayn, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

There is no official instrumental for Simple and Clean. There's an official instrumental for Hikari, the Japanese version, but there is a tremendous amount of VERY LOUD Utada backing-vocals...in Japanese.

So we have a few options for instrumentals here. Here are some instrumentals I'm willing to work with, lolol.

[video=youtube;DitngHBgSZs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DitngHBgSZs&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;UAv7b6qP2ls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAv7b6qP2ls&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;KGidvt4NTPI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGidvt4NTPI&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;XoFyGwyEeos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoFyGwyEeos&feature=related[/video]

I have an arrangement idea for this. For those of us able to sing Japanese, it'd be kind of cool to have part of the chorus singing Simple and Clean and some of the chorus singing Hikari, at once, because they're two different leads so it wouldn't clash (for the CHORUS). For the verses, I'd split them up so that the first verse/or something would be in English and the other verse would be in Japanese, etc. The verses wouldn't have both languages sang at once because it's the same melody and would sound awful. But the chorus would, thus Utada's backing vocals wouldn't sound out of place.

Those willing to sing in Japanese would still be able to sing the English lines, too. Vice-Versa. We'd all still get the same number of lines. It'll just sound weird for this to be all English and have Utada's backing vocals harmonizing...with nothing. xD

Alas, what do you guys think?

2. Glen Returned from the dead

I reckon it wouldn't be TOO bad if Utada's vocals harmonized with nothing. Worth a shot in my opinion.

EDIT: Found this on Youtube Jayn. Far as i can tell it's a proper instrumental to it, just cuts at SOME parts. I bet if someone could edit the music and shuffle some of the parts around we'd have ourselves a proper Simple and Clean instrumental.
    Anyway here it is:
    [video=youtube;6VF27bUZvAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VF27bUZvAs[/video]

3. Jayn

Yeah, I found this version too but... The parts that are cut out are the parts from the Hikari instrumental that Utada sings in. So she cut out most of the chorus parts and other parts from the verses. It's pretty much the butchered version of the Hikari instrumental and it's unsingable in terms of a chorus project with sensible lyrics. D; Thank you, though. I wish there was just a normal instrumental with no backing. :c

4. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm liking the idea, but I don't sing Japanese very well as I'm a dominantly english speaker.

5. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I can't sing that well in Japanese... It takes me forever to learn Japanese songs...

6. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I'm normally okay with Japanese ... but Hikari's hard ... maybe because I'm used to Simple and Clean. I really like the piano version ... it's so pretty.

Also, I found this:

yt imbed, y u so small ;__;.

7. P Banned

Because you're using the old one. The one only good for repping autoplaying messages. :p

I vote we either use the orchestral version or the original, with Utada backing. I'd also be okay with Claw's one.

8. Jayn

I didn't put Claw's version on the list because of the fast timing. People were tripping over words in the be a man one. xD I think it'd be too fast, and has Hikari's lead which could confuse... Some.

I dunno. Be a Man has backing vocals, but it just makes us sound better. Haha. Because we're all singing the same thing.
    Hikari wouldn't be awful with the backing vocals but. It'll just bug the hell out of me to hear her sing an entirely different song in the background. Tacky. *Flips tables*.

I can't be the only one willing to sing the Japanese parts. << Really? Well I'm not egotistical enough to give myself huge-ass Japanese solo parts, so that sucks.

I'm also cool with the orchestra version. I'd make a reference for it, though. And the piano version is super pretty, so I'm fine with that too.

9. Glen Returned from the dead

Then i guess the one with japanese backing is out of the question? o.o
    Out of the others i think i'd prefer the piano one, though yeah claw's one would be good if we could get the timing right :P

10. Jayn

No, it's not. We can still do that. I just might throw my laptop out of the window in the process. But seriously, no, if you guys want to do that one, we can. xD

11. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I voted for This is Halloween.

Oh, and suggestions for the next poll:
    World Without Danger
    Regular:

Instrumental:

And Kokoro, Masaki Mix, with the English lyrics from this video:
    Regular:

Instrumental (No video):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?u2fhri9f7ft8hd5

If you don't want so many suggestions, just tell me so I can stop flooding you with them.

12. Jayn

Added to pending.~
    No worries, the more the better.

13. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I have some suggestions and I second the Code Lyoko song :D

and this

14. Jayn

Updated.

Btw, have we decided on which instrumental version to sing with for Simple and Clean? >__> I'm still not sure.

15. smeen Destiny Islands Resident

Well, to butt in after lurking for a while... You could use this instrumental for Simple and Clean.

[video=youtube;uWJhZiqal44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWJhZiqal44[/video]

16. Jayn

Yeah. I mean, we could.
    But someone posted that earlier (Clawtooth, I think) and I said;

Sadly. ;__;

17. Glen Returned from the dead

Just going to suggest this:

It'd be fun :p

18. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Suggestion:

The actual song is called "I'm gonna be (500 Miles)". Person who uploaded the video sucks >_>

19. Jayn

Updated~!

That song is actually blocked in my country, but I found it elsewhere and the instrumental, so good. xD

Mmkay, so I'm just going to assume we want to sing the Hikari -instrumental- version for the Simple and Clean mix?

I'm going to go with that I guess. I mean, hopefully we can overpower her Japanese vocals. I'll be posting the sign up thread soon. Either tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: Actually, omg. I think I can edit this Hikari instrumental/re-arrange some things so she's not singing so loud at some parts. I'ma do that. >>

20. Glen Returned from the dead

I'll be sure to sign up when i can :P i'm finished school now so whenever i don't have exams (got them for the next 3 weeks) i'll find time to record XD i'm already pumped! This is the first time i've ever actually ENJOYED listening to a song i took part in..thanks for the opportunity to gain some confidence :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.