SotW Voting [voting] Signature of the Week #65 - Music

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Misty, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

Signature of the Week
    no. 65

[voting thread; votes due june 16, 2011]
    MUSIC
    This week you have to make a signature associated with music--it can feature a band/artist, song, instrument, someone listening to music, etc. If necessary, please also provide a short explanation with your entry. Happy sigging!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Misty
    [​IMG]
    Jamie Stewart of the bands Xiu Xiu, Xiu Xiu Larsen, Ten in the Swear Jar, etc.
    Album 'Dear God I Hate Myself'.

Marushi
    [​IMG]
    So here's my sig, Owl City's newer song, Galaxies. lol, It's my new favorite song.

Noroz
    [​IMG]
    Chester. 'nuff said

Ienzo
    [​IMG]
    This is Noodles from Gorrilaz. I did this because when I was younger I absolutely loved the Gorillaz, they have some great memories associated with them. They aren't my favourite band but I do enjoy their music. Plus their song "Dare" was one of my favourites, me and some old friends used to sing it all the time so it reminds me of my childhood I suppose.

Daxa
    [​IMG]
    Jared Leto from 30 Seconds to Mars :3
    I love this band with all my heart....
    Provhito in Altum <3

• Jay •
    [​IMG]
    This signature is based on Tinie Tempah, im not his biggest fan but he's made some good songs that never seem to get old "pass out!"

Cat<3 Sora
    [​IMG]

mixt
    [​IMG]
    Inspired by RED's second album "Innocence and Instinct" and all stocks used were wave forms.

jojoj13
    [​IMG]
    It's Miku, if anybody doesn't know.

Bushy-Brow-1992
    [​IMG]
    Mio from K-On! XD

-dinamplified
    [​IMG]
    Christofer Drew Ingle of NeverShoutNever
    Lyrics are from the song 'Harmony'

Wolf Haley
    [​IMG]

DPWolf
    [​IMG]
    M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold, lyrics are from Afterlife.

LilBueno
    [​IMG]
    Toonami Tom as a DJ.

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Ienzo-Just everything about this makes me fall in love. Nice job.

Noroz-Linkin Park. Also the subtle stuff in the BG just appeals to me.

Hard choice for spot 3 but it's gotta be...
    Wolfie-A7X Forever! Everything, about it is great. The fractals and the lyrics especially. Afterlife WAS always a favorite of mine.

3. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Ienzo: I actually like the reason behind it, plus you took a unique approach. It could use some nice blending, though.

Jojoj13: I like the strange light you used. It doesn't exactly convey the theme too well, and it seems a bit messy, but I like it.

Ghetto: Really liking the light used. It kind of gives it a space-y feel, yet still retaining a gritty look. the smudging?/Liquify thing you've got going on isn't really that great, though.

4. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Ienzo - Just awesome! Gorrilaz are awesome, Enzy is awesome and I just like what she did. The reason also won me over XD

Jojo 13 - Miku! Interesting use of light and colour. Plus I really like the render. Only thing is, if it wasn't for the fact of it being Miku, then it doesn't have much to do with the theme. But hey! It is Miku! She IS music basically. XD

DP Wolf - Ah... Avenged Sevenfold. My respect for Wolfie has grown even more. A love the use of Greyscale etc and the lyrics etc XD Need I say more?

5. T3F Chaser

jojo13- Very nice work! Loving the overall composition of the piece and the colours a just like whoa!
    Noroz- Linkin Park. Nuff said =) Seriously, the black and white suits the tg and I really like the lighting you had on this
    Ienzo- Love the c4d use. The only thing that killed it for me was the edges. To me, if its gonna be a transparent sig, then you shouldnt let the effects touch the edges, it ruins it. That said, this was very well done =)

6. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

DP Wolf - I just love how everything falls into place. It's rather edgy, and that's what I like about it. The placement is ace as well. I really just love it.

jojo13 - I love how sharp the details are and how clear the graphics are. The lighting is also interesting and the whole thing is really just adorable c:

Noroz - I love the 'cut' of the signature. And it's a really cool look with the background and everything. Great job :')

7. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Jay - It looks really smooth, and I love the effects, I like the colors too
    DPWolf - A7X, good effects, awesome. The border might've been better as black, but not certain :)
    3rd one is difficult, but Ima vote for Misty - Very minimalistic, but really clean. I like the position of the render, the placement of the text.

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Oh wow, there are some amazing signatures this week, it was hard to choose

Noroz: Ever since I first saw it I love it, the contrasting black and white is just fabulous. I just really like it.
    Bushy-Brow-1992: I think it was the colours in this one that won me over, and the translucent renders that can be seen in the background, also the quote amused me :3
    DPwolf: I really like the black and white effect on this one and the detail that's gone into it is really good. The only thing is I can't read the smaller text, but apart from that I love this signature as well.

9. Daxa~ #stalker

Ohh so many prettyful signiture :3

DPWolf-Omnomom Avenged Sevenfold <3 Love the text,and how the colours make it stand out.
    Wolf Haley-I love the colours,and it just looks right(if that makes any sense)
    Misty-Its just adorable,and I love how its pretty simple looking,yet really gets the point across

10. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

jojo13- I really like the colors on this one, and I think the girl is cute. I actually don't know who Miku is or what she has to do with music, but, lol, out of all the bands, artists, and songs used this time, Owl City is the only one I've ever heard of, so don't go by me. :)
    Mixt- With this one, I think it just looks really cool. I love the color scheme (Red and Black are some of my fav colors) and the wave forms were a nice idea.
    Cat<3Sora-I just like this one because I think it's kinda funny and I like how understated it is. Not everything has to be like BOOM an explosion in your face. :)

11. AwkwardFailure Traverse Town Homebody

Ienzo- This is amazing, I love all of it.
    Norox- It's also quite good, definite 2nd spot.
    DPWolf- I remember first seeing this and thinking Hey, this is pretty good! Love the text.

12. Misty gimme kiss

1. Cat<3 Sora: I love this one. It stands out amongst the rest, but not for being complicated or anything like that; it's subtle and simple, but ultimately, powerful. Great work!
    2. Ienzo: I really like that you went for something more uncommon here. My advice with transparent tags, though, is to make sure that there is no cut-off edges. It's not really evident on dark backgrounds, but if you place the tag on white it's very obvious. Still, nice job.
    3. DPWolf: My major problem is how under-contrasted it is. If you black & whited it at the final steps then it probably looked fine in color, but oftentimes you have to adjust it further for black & white, or it ends up looking very washed out. Still, not bad.

13. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

Misty - The text placement really grabs my attention. I love the way it flows with the stocks body shape. Also the lighting on the sides helps the whole tag look more alive.

jojoj13 - The lighting effects are near perfect. The only think i don't like is the brushes placed on top of the stock. Kinda makes the whole tag look messy.

DPWolf - The whole tag is well done, the flow is great, the stock position is perfect and the text placement doesn't draw me away from the focus. The only i would pick out is that the tag is a bit to grey and white. The colour black needs to be brung out.

14. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1. Wolf Haley

I really love the simple feel to it and I am always a sucker for the 'dust particle' effect.

2. Misty

I maybe alittle biased since it is Xiu Xiu/Jamie lol. But I really love the text placement and how the lyrics fade out.

3. DPWolf

What Misty said, it looks a bit too monotone, giving it more contrast will make it look better.

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

1. Ienzo - It's really unique and looks like it could be used for something official, like a poster or even album art.
    2. Cat<3Sora - Another unique approach. Although a bit too simplistic, I love the unique stuff. Most tags these days have a similar approach (render in a certain place with swirls and designs around them). Ienzo's and this one are two of the more unique ones I've ever seen. Though the simplicity is a bit turn-offish, it's still great.
    3. Bushy-Brow-1992 - I don't know the anime/manga myself, but this is still pretty cool. I love the background you did. The biggest point deduction I see is something about the render turns me off. I'm not sure what, maybe the placement or it needs some editing? The background could use a little work, maybe with contrast or opacity? Still a great job. You're learning quickly!

16. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

@Misty - the image was actually black and white to begin with.

jojoj13 - Really love the colors in it. Honestly can't find a problem with anything in it.
    -dinamplified - I like the effects you used, has sort of a vintage feel to it. Overall very nice.
    Wolf Haley - Pretty much what Reptar said, lol.

17. Ty Traverse Town Homebody

1. Cat<3 Sora - Very unique style you went with; goes great with Scott!
    2. Misty - Simple, yet effective. I'm really liking the text in this one.
    3. Wolf Haley - Bits pieces of the stock look blurred/overall LQ to me, but other than that, I like it. And especially, it's Tyler.

18. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

1. Bushy-Brow-1992 - I like the style that went into this one. I especially like the how simple yet somewhat complex the background is.
    2. jojoj13 - The background is really interesting to me. It's the main thing that catches my eye, but it takes away from the main part of the sig.
    3. DPWolf - I'm a big fan of gray scale and everything seems to flow nicely.

19. Misty gimme kiss

Whew, this one was really close! In the end our winner is jojoj13, congrats!
    New threads will be up soon~

also I was on time this week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.