Kingdom Hearts II Was Demyx a problem when you first played kh2?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by LoneWolf, Oct 20, 2008.

1. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

So...Much...Water...Must get to beat....

Nah but he was a pain on Proud but Data Demyx is worse.

2. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

The only thing that got me was those water clones. That time limit was awful. You had to be right on it or else you were starting over. After a couple times it got pretty easy, but the first time through it was difficult.

3. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

He was a huge problem in final mix. Data demyx I believe had 99 clones that had to be defeated in 30sec.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Oh hey I posted in here before

but I disagree with myself now so LET'S DO IT AGAIN :L

Demyx was challenging, but not that difficult in the long run. I still occasionally struggle with him on Proud, and I'd be interested to see how much harder he is in FM+.

The thing I like about him is he doesn't behave like a host of other KH2 bosses. Whereas most of them have dull patterns and predictable attacks, but punish you severely if you ever make a mistake, Demyx's game is repeatedly opening you up with solid AI and versatile moves. He zones you, pushing and pulling and manipulating your position with his water spells until your head spins, then goes in for the kill. Some of his stuff comes out pretty fast, too. You have to learn him to beat him, at least more than you have to learn any other bosses in the game.

The thing that really makes me sad is I have to qualify all of this by adding "...or you can just stock up on Ethers and Thunder him to death." It actually shuts down everything he has, all the time. It interrupts him no matter what he's doing. Knocksmash accomplishes the same in less time but with potentially more MP expenditure.

5. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Well, for one thing. He spams his water clone attack like 6 times at the beginning of the battle. And the time is incredibly short (Destroy 75 water clones in 30 seconds) And Wild Dance (Am I Correct?) cannot be used at any time during the battle. And the only way to defeat the clones is to use either Wisdom Form or Final Form (I recommend Wisdom Form) for mobility and spam fire.

6. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

YES. HELL YES. HELL F#%KING YES GIVE THIS TO ME.

:'D 2.5 really needs to be a thing that happens omg. Also, any idea if his hitstun threshold is any higher? The Thunder weakness is still very much an issue.

7. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

He's weak against thunder? And what's hitstun threshold?

8. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Not so much "weak against it" as "if you hit him with it it'll instantly pop him up in the air and stop whatever he's doing"

That is a phrase I came up with on the fly to refer to how many times a boss has to get hit before it actually pays attention and starts flinching. Hitstun being established gaming terminology for reeling from a hit, of course. Demyx's pain tolerance is pretty low, all things considered.

9. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

As far as I know, it's pretty much the same.

10. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

When I first battled Demyx, it took me a good 4 hours to beat him, now, I can beat him within 60 sec.