Kingdom Hearts II Was Sora justified? *Spoiler*

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Princess Celestia, Dec 30, 2007.

?

Was Sora justified in destroying the Organization?

1. Yes he was

114 vote(s)
    36.9%
  2. No he wasn't

151 vote(s)
    48.9%
  3. I dont know, dont ask me this question.

44 vote(s)
    14.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Hmm... still going on?

Pika_power...

Is there anything new we haven't covered on either side?

*is bored, but knows he can shoot down any new arguement*

2. They didn't do that. There really is no confirmation that's the case. Xaldin's actions does not equal the Organization's own, as that movement he had done was by his very volition. In fact, in the Novels, they actually didn't even discuss such a thing until the end, as Xemnas was toying around to rebuild the Organization with some other humanoid Nobodies by turning around great existences. Xigbar asked if Xemnas knew where those "great existences" were, but the whole thing never got anywhere in the end, and he didn't answer. So it's safe to say that their goal wasn't to turn people into Heartless if they just, as their number were decreased severely by the finishing point, played around with the idea as to what their next set of actions will be. They had enough of them to kill. Not to mention Xemnas's KH was close to being completed.

And according to the Novel as well, Axel kidnapped Kairi because Naminé wanted to meet her, and had expressed to him this wish. He didn't exactly want what happened to her, happen.

Novels = good read for the behind the scenes happening in the game.

3. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Didn't we cover this in page 2 somthing-ish?

4. kitty_has_claws246 Traverse Town Homebody

I believe he was. They were the enemy at the time, threatening chaos by opening kingdom hearts. It was sad how he destroyed all of the members when only 3 or so really seemed to be causing trouble. Otherwise, the organization was causing trouble and sora had to stop t.

5. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

They didn't open kingdom hearts.

They used the power of hearts to create a second kingdom hearts. Which they intended to use to grant themselves new hearts.

And the only colateral damage would have been heartless.

6. P Banned

Uh, DiZ did present a machine to solve the problem. The data converter actually took hearts from the Kingdom Heart and stored them as data. If it were a mere beam that scanned Kingdom Hearts, it would not have blown up the way it did.

Can you remind me of the interview? I've forgotten about it. So is it that if a heartless is killed before a nobody, the somebody comes back, but if the nobody is killed before the heartless, we don't know what happens to the heartless. (UNBIRTH?!)

In that case, the hearts are still worse off than they were before, because I assume that while they are in Kingdom Hearts, they can't reform themselves.

It all depends. Remind me, what was the conclusion for whether Xemnas was restoring hearts to every nobody, or just the Organization?

I may be wrong on this, but wasn't the reason for all the heartless around in KH2 due to the Organization? I didn't think Pete and Ursula could do so much damage on their own.

By the way, nothing really new happening. Chances are it has been discussed before. If you want to check, be my guest. But be aware that there are a lot of essays in here.

7. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

It is extremly due to the 6 apprentices of Diz taking over after they feel into darkness. I believe. They continued with the experimentations losing themselves into it even after exile or vanishing Diz who no longer wanted any part of it. Somehow Malificant and Pete got full control of the heartless at one point. The use of Malificant's power I assume, and then the heartless sided with the organization side since they were stronger.

8. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

No, I think....Maybe there is a reason. Maybe, Roxas is part of Sora and he was controlling him 'cause he wanted to take his revenge.

9. xXRhian+RoxasXx Gummi Ship Junkie

Sora killed the Org

I think he did the wrong thing.
    Think about it. They just wanna be a somebody again, to be whole again.
    If he knew about Roxas, then he'd of left it!!!

10. P Banned

Or just maybe, Sora got irritated by the men in black cloaks who showed up and started attacking Hollow Bastion.

11. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Or maybe Square just needed a bootleg way to bring the Organization into KH2?

Hey, notice something about KH?

Every time you see the organization they get nicer...

As you get to know them better they get nicer.

Perhaps, when we understand the story in its entirety, it would turn out that they arn't so bad...

I wants 358/2 SO BAD!!!!

12. childofturin Why?

You know, maybe restoration of their hearts is what the rest of OrgXIII wanted, but I think Xemnas, like his counterparts, wanted more. I think it's entirely likely that, once he had what he wanted, he would not stop. Besides, the methods they used to obtain what they wanted can't exactly be called "good", either.

13. P Banned

Hey, you're right. Almost. Oblivion>Hollow Bastion<everything that happens in between<end of the game>Days.

So I suppose if we're talking game order, then yeah. Oblivion>KH2>Days.

14. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I meant game order...

I think Nomura has a soft spot for the emo's in black treancoats...

They will get nicer and nicer as time goes on...

15. I don't see any difference in storing them as data than what the false KH was doing in the same method. They can't "reform" themselves either. There are probably Heartless who scurry the worlds for a long time, and not get killed, thus, still keeping the Heart, and having others unable to come back. The false KH Xemnas has was built over a year, and while it's vague, the Hearts don't drain, and don't get their energy depleted. Otherwise, the KH would only be used once, and to get more chances, Xemnas would have to start over from scratch. Which isn't the case for obvious reasons, and it wouldn't make sense. The concern is whether Xemnas will release those Hearts when he is done. Not the goal the rest were wanting to accomplish: becoming whole. As for Xemnas, it's hard. He said in his long, dramatic speech that he will build a world for Nobodies to live in, so I'm thinking he was going to get some things accomplish in terms of making things better for them. As long as they are under his reign. We don't really know what was on Xemnas's mind, and from what we've gotten, plans kept changing, so...

And yes, you're on the right track with interview. When a Heartless is killed, the Heart released comes into a state of suspension. If the Nobody is killed after, they have a chance to return to their original selves. If the Nobody is killed first, however, and then the Heartless, chances are you'll be less lucky, but still have a high percentage of coming back. Both creatures will have to go. So no, no Unbirth.

Er, no, not really. The Heartless still exist. Sora didn't get rid of all of them. As long as Heartless roam the worlds, they will steal Hearts from others, and create more of them. So the increase again isn't really astounding for a year. Roxas took over as Sora was napping to kill them [along with the Organization, which is what their missions are for every day]. Yet, once more, won't get rid of them all. And Malificent was the one taking control of the Heartless. The Organization didn't usurp her until she started to get in their way. And even then, they still use lower Nobodies.

Which are better, smarter, and stronger, when you think about it. No reason to use petty Heartless.

16. Kites Chaser

No, I don't think he was justified in destroying the Organization.
    I mean sure, the game needed antagonists, but I believe that there is a deeper story to be told about the organization that was not fully explained in KH2. I hope Square-Enix decides to talk about that in upcoming games.

17. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I hearily endores this post.

They were not villains, they were antagonist, and thier story will be explained in upcoming games.

18. P Banned

They can be classified as antagonists if you like. Heck, I'll even let you call them anti-heroes. Why not throw in that they were searching for a cure to cancer too?

It doesn't matter. This is about whether Sora was justified in destroying them. And from how they appeared to him, he was.

19. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

If Sora would have actually bothered to listen or at least try to see thier point of view, the game would have been solved piecfully.

20. Riley103 Traverse Town Homebody

I think Sora was justified, although I agree with everyone else that he should have listened to their views on what they were trying to do. It would have probably ended a lot more nicely then how he finished them off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.