We need a crack for BBS

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by P, Jan 9, 2010.

1. SA5UK3 Twilight Town Denizen

Sorry I must have confused you by not formatting my reply. I meant you can play the UMD of BBS on 5.50 GEN-D without having to upgrade too 6.20 OFW.

My second statement was for the patch, for the patch is on the third screen for sure, but I heard/saw the progress all the way to the 4th screen. I was looking around and I think they managed to get to the 6th screen not sure...

Take a look: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6716/6screen.jpg

2. Alex856 Twilight Town Denizen

I'm Venezuelan, So what? You got a Problem?
    Yeah thats what Disney/SquareEnix Are triyng to do makes everyone update to OFW 6.20 D:<
    Can you PM me to the link where the progress is being made I'd like to see it ^^

3. EvilMan_89 Code Master

just out of curiosity, does anyone know what those messages say?

4. Alex856 Twilight Town Denizen

I'm Venezuelan, So what? You got a Problem?
    Um... i think the first RSOD is to say that the game uses an autosave feature
    The second one is for checking is there's a Mem Stick or not
    And
    The 3rd Is mem check if you have a mem stick in the PSP and you want to create a game file you say NO Then is the never ending RSOD and if say yes is ISO Crash (Means the game detected CFW)

The 4th,5th,6th I'm not sure but i think they're mem checks but with no mem stick inside the PSP

Source: Around the Web ^^

5. SA5UK3 Twilight Town Denizen

I was on another forum (not signed up, kh-vids is the only place to be xD) and I was reading the "apparently" they are releasing the new CFW tomolo. Iunno if this is true or not, 'cause there's been alot of rumours and pranks going around.

In that forum someone had a similar like me. If we managed to run a virtual FW like with all of 6.20's plugins on the CFW, then I think it might work. I wanna get some feedback from you guys to know if this plan might have chance.

Another idea was combining the AR for PSP's tech with BBS. 'Cause the AR is able to run like an iso (in the sense it can run from the Game folder like an iso in CFW) on OFW. So this could be a great thing if it made sense. O.o

6. Majik Chaser

This game is using a disk check.
    (There is disk check routine that needs to be patched)
    Cheat device could be used as temporary fix, or modded into ELF as permanent fix.

and any people saying "There will be new CFW" or "a new game decrypter", those both have been proven to be fake rumors.

7. SA5UK3 Twilight Town Denizen

Ok thanks on the verification about the CFW. Do you have any idea on how to mode the ELF?

8. Majik Chaser

You could use a Hex editor.
    The only hard part will be tracking down that routine.

9. SA5UK3 Twilight Town Denizen

How hard do you think it will be? Can you or one of the coders do it? I can't even dream of doing it 'cause I dun have any experience

10. Majik Chaser

Its doable, but not easy.
    Manually reversing code is very time consuming.
    In theory, you just need to find where the game starts off and start reversing the code from there. You will eventually find the UMD check routine. But this is also a perfect example of "Its easier said then done"

11. SA5UK3 Twilight Town Denizen

Well said. I was reading on other websites about this, and hackers can't even come close to cracking the AR's method. If you are interested on what methods have been looked at so far here is a link: http://wololo.net/wagic/2010/01/15/datels-action-replay-a-dead-end-for-hackers/

12. benrules100 Moogle Assistant

would you be able to provide me with a link to this person on youtube.

13. SA5UK3 Twilight Town Denizen

If you are looking for a Save File I can provide you with one, but it wont work, 'cause I've already tried it. If you want a link to the person playing the game, on another video of his, he states that it is just a video of gameplay, and he is not the one actually playing.

The savefile trick doesn't do anything, and it doesn't work at all if you change the game's EBOOT file. So currently we are all stuck on the BSOD.
    Guys sorry for bumping such an old thread but I got some important and hopefully good news. There has been a rumour going around the a new CFW 6.20 MAD 001 going to be released on Valentine's Day (14th). I have seen the beta and it looks legit. It was able to play a game on 6.20 but when saving it bricked the PSP. Again don't worry that was just the beta version, so get ready for the 14th. Great news I wanted to share because of the upcoming English release date for the game.