Support Solved Weather Gadget Not Working on Mom's Computer

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

This is an issue @Nights™ is also having, and we were talking about it a while ago, but this just started with my mom's computer last night.

It just doesn't seem to want to connect to the Internet. Instead of showing the current temperature, it just shows the forecast (high and low) for each day (how it gets that if it's not connecting, I don't know). If I try to input our location, either by entering the city or zip code, it says location not found.

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Anyone?

Now it just has that information exclamation mark followed by: "Cannot connect to service."

3. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

It's more than likely an issue with the server the gadget connects to to get its info. I'd just download weatherbug if I were you. I am having the same issue with the gadget but it doesn't really bother me because I was just tinkering. My RSS feeds still works and my picture puzzle thingy. I don't really use them anyway.

-Nights

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Now it's stopped working for me and it's the same deal as explained in my OP and succeeding post. Stuck at 44 degrees from approximately 31 minutes ago. Before I jump to conclusions, though, I'm going to see if it works tomorrow after my computer's off all night.

Still, though, any ideas, anyone?

@Mixt

5. Misty gimme kiss

Rainmeter has a variety of weather skins available; it's more or less the standard for desktop displays on Windows PCs and incredibly customizable to boot. Don't waste your time trying to fix MS's gadgets.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Mine started working again without me doing anything, and if my mom's still isn't working, I'll have a look into that. Thank you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.