Site News Welcome back to Kh-vids.net, August 8th 2010

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Sanya, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Always Dance Chaser

They didn't have an SQL backup. He DID go into the admin CP and edit the posts, or at least that's what he told us.

Sigh...I really don't think I'm going to be able to make these up for a while. I really rushed it that last month because I wanted to hit premium before school started to get really hectic, and now it IS.

Ugh...

2. rikuroxs99 Merlin's Housekeeper

Whenever i decide to drop in it seems that somethings going on,first khv 4.0 and now this.

3. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

It is impossible without an SQL backup. The manual way would take take FOREVER and it just wouldn't be worth it. :\ The staff have better things to do than go in a change god knows how many member's post counts.

4. Spaze Gummi Ship Junkie

Wait, how did you get in contact with this hacker? He's done the same thing to a site I mod on. :/ We were hacked twice.

5. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Can't u trace the Hackers IP address?

6. Always Dance Chaser

He opened a thread for requests. People put in what their numbers were and he just had to take their word for it, then he went back and changed it manually. Very few people actually took him up on the offer(it was in the dying days of that place), so it wasn't a huge deal.

7. Slycrg Destiny Islands Resident

Have to add my own congratulations to the staff. Well done on getting the site back up so quickly :). Also was the hacker a member of the site or someone from the outside? I can't imagine why someone bothered to do something like this unless they had some sort of grudge. Otherwise that person has no life.

8. Ksemanr Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh snap. I came to check for any news updates and see this. I don't think I've posted since then really, I mainly just read the news, but that really sucks. Good work on restoring it this much so fast though.

9. calebjhughes Moogle Assistant

I have no idea why anyone would hold a grudge against KHV but, thats is probably what it is. maybe the hacker left a message to someone telling them it was all over? there would be no more hacking? idk but what ever it is, its done now. and congrates again to the staff.

10. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

I started to wonder 'bout this too... <.<

^This. The staff did great job recovering everything they could :3
    I'd also kinda want to know if it was a former/current member of the site, or someone completely unrelated to the site...

I got lucky, I only lost about 15 posts... Guess there was something good in being inactive <.<

11. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I'm glad to hear the hacker will leave us alone so hopefully it'll never happen again.

Just a side note, am I the only one who doesn't see the premium members coloured names? I thought I wouldn't be but no one else has said anything (that I know of).

12. Misty gimme kiss

It's not just you, they haven't been added just yet. :]

13. Mr. Pumpkin Hollow Bastion Committee

NEW COLOR NEW COLOR
    Yellow suuucckkkked c:

Oh and thank you guys for bringing it back, I really appreciate everything that has been done to recover the site.

14. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

That's alright then, I'm expecting another debate about a colour change... I don't know maybe I'm wrong :3

15. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Are we still doing the KH recoded Fandub or is that on hold for a while or should i ask Mike...

16. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I dunno, I kind of miss having a pee stained name. Actually, I miss having a different color name period. I feel so....normal.

17. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Uh, guys, did anyone else lose a bunch of posts after the forum came back? 'Cause I lost about twenty, and I still had them yesterday evening...

18. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Now that you mention it, I could've sworn my post count was at 1,072 last night, now it's 1,052 (53 after this post).

19. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

I don't think I had more than 450 posts, so I'm gonna whine about it when I reach 800 posts. :P

20. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I'm not sure if this has to do with the hack
    or upgrade to vb4.0
    or both
    but when I search, I can't see what I'm typing. It's like the font is white. I can only see it if I highlight.
    It's just a minor inconvenience, though.

But it makes think of something else (since I can't remember when the upgrade took place exactly)
    Remember the bugs that needed to be kinked out when we first upgraded? Did it get reset so they need to be fixed again?