Kingdom Hearts II "We'll be the darkness."

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Kiwise, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiwise Destiny Islands Resident

Riku says this at the end of KH2 with Sora at that dark beach place:

I never understood this. I can't figure it out. What is he talking about? Sora's comment didn't help.

Also, that dark beach place... Where is it, what is it, and did it hold any special significance that Sora and Riku ended up there (and if so, what)?

Also, how'd they end up there? And how'd they get back to the islands? (It was that light-doorway thing, in both cases.) I heard they got back to the islands from the beach because the worlds opened a portal for them to get back (explaining the light-doorway thing). Is that true, and is the same for how they got to the beach in the first place?

You also see the beach at the beginning of KH2, with Roxas and Xemnas. (Though, that scene isn't supposed to be cannon, is it? I heard somewhere it's supposed to be a collection of Roxas' thoughts and feelings, it never really happened. Is that true?) Why that place, then?

If we don't actually know the answers to any of those, just say that. I'd be happy just knowing where and what the beach is.

Sorry in advance for the overload of questions. XP

2. {feel.the.wrath} Hollow Bastion Committee

Hmm... how can I explain this.

The light is safe. If the world is light and darkness, they'll live in darkness. There is darkness anyway, so why not it be them?

That is the best I can explain it.

3. Paladin12345678 Twilight Town Denizen

Hmm, I'll try.

1. Mickey said, "The world's made of light and darkness. You can't have one without the other, 'cause darkness is half of everything." Now that they'd destroyed the darkness, they needed someone to be the darkness to restore the natural balance. That's what they meant. How exactly they were going to be 'darkness' by sitting on a beach all day, I can never fathom.

2. They ended up there from a light-door thingie. Plus, they got back to Destiny Islands through a similar thingie. The second time, Sora identified it as 'The Door to Light'. During the after-credits scene, Riku says that the Door to Light was Sora's heart. And did you notice that the Door to Light opened the exact instant Sora finished reading Kairi's letter? I think that being reminded of Kairi allowed his heart to open a door through the light to Kairi. If Riku can create portals in darkness, then why not light? The Door to Light that opened after they killed Xemnas was probably similar.

3. One odd thing about the world is the question, "If Kairi sent a bottle message in Destiny Islands, then how in buggery did it get to the Dark Beach?" Sorry to answer a question with another question, but for the life of me I can't figure it out >_<

4. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

May I ask?, Have you played the game before?, I think they were trying to say that if the king and kairi and all them were still in the light, then they didn't need to help out anymore as it is safe. There ws a message in a bottle, (via kairi) which arrived for SOra, that letter (in my opion) opened sora's hert which revealed the doorto the light so they could get home

5. {feel.the.wrath} Hollow Bastion Committee

Exactly my point.

6. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Honestly... I believe the ending was symbolic of death.

They were letting go of life, "the light" so they were content spending the rest of thier existance in death, "the darkness."

They were letting go, until Sora got more hope to live, via reading the letter (which magically apears) that they return to the light.

7. Repliku Chaser

I always looked at it in a symbolic way as to say that Riku and Sora were stuck, at the end of the road and bound to Darkness. Now, if there were defenders of Light out there, and Sora and Riku could never go home or at least for a time, why would they not defend Darkness against evil using it? After all, it was said that just because someone has Darkness, it does not make them outright have to be evil. So, being resigned to their possible fate, they would make the most out of it and ensure that Darkness was no longer abused from their end.

When they agreed to watch Darkness to ensure it would also be safe and not used for bad purposes, then Sora got his letter from Kairi, which Riku passes to him. However, I didn't think Sora made the Door to Light. I thought of it as Kairi's power instead because she sent the letter adrift in the first place, reaching out to find the boy she could barely remember but knew she cared about. I think of it as tossing a rope out into the water and someone catches it and you haul them in. Therefore, I attached it more to Kairi's heart reaching out through that paper to Sora and when the link was met, the Door to Light opened. Kairi also is the one who healed Sora in Hollow Bastion from a Heartless state because her Heart reached out to his. So, I pinned this more on her and the link being made from their Hearts.

As for how Kairi sent the bottle through the water...it is also mentioned in Ansem Reports written by Xehanort that he found this girl and sent her adrift via the water to other worlds in hopes she would locate the Keyblade bearer. So obviously there's something with Kairi (her name after all means Sea) and the way interspace works to allow for this to happen. All of the worlds, after all, connect to one another, although currently they are driven apart and linked only through this interspace. That's basically the best explanation I can give on that. Kairi sent the bottle into the water to go find Sora and reestablish that link with him. I would say it's just a kooky Heart power she can do being who she is and the state of the way the worlds are that made it possible.

8. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

OBJECTION!

Its symbolic, that they accepted thier fate, lost all hope, and knew they would never go home.

Its symbolic of death!

9. Kiwise Destiny Islands Resident

I see. So Riku was simply saying that since the light was safe, now they should protect the dark?

Yes, I've played the game before, replayed it a few times, but that was something I never understood. Sorry if it seemed n00bish. Riku put it strangely, if that's all he was saying. I couldn't figure out what he was talking about. Thank you, all!

Repliku put it better than I could.

That seems like a good way to look at it. I agree, I think.

That's interesting. The scene could be secondarily symbolic of death.

10. I always personally thought that what they said were indeed, symbolic. They would stay in the darkness, and the moonlit beach they were in was in the realm of darkness (it's actually fact). Is just like there's Castle Oblivion and Twilight Town, that are worlds in-between the realms of light and darkness (where Nobodies are born). Destiny Islands, all the Disney Worlds, and Radiant Garden, are part of the light realms. Since Kairi, Mickey, and the gang were safe, Sora and Riku took their fate as it was (they were stuck in a beach with no way out), as long as their loved ones will be protected. But Repliku explained it much better, and I have to agree about Kairi's connection.

For how they got there, If you played the game, after they defeat Xemnas, and Sora supported Riku as he was injured, a portal of light appeared in the dimension they were in, and they simply went through it. It ended up leading them to the dark beach, where they remained for the while.

KH: Final Mix (Enigmatic Man)

That is the added scene that happens in KH: Final Mix, where Sora confronts Xemnas for the first time. The meeting at the dark beach supposely occurs after that, where Roxas and Xemnas meet up, and says, "He looks just like you". The scene is also in the added CGI Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix secret ending called Deep Dive/Another Side, Another Story at the very end.

Another Side, Another Story (Deep Dive)

As for what Nomura had to say on this matter ( http://www.kh2.co.uk/?page=NI/KH2U ):

There's your answer.

11. Repliku Chaser

The beach area I think is also where Riku and DiZ met up to speak as well where he asks Riku who he is and Riku responds with 'Ansem'.

12. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Oh yeah, I forgot about it...

Its the realm of darkness as well.

13. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Ok, basically riku was saying that "if the world is made up of dark and light, since we finished our job and it seems as though there is no way to get back to the light, we'll be on the darkside."

Sora said, "yeah the realm of light is safe now" agreeing with riku that and saying that there was no reason to go back to the light side.

Okay...well this is my understanding of it. U know how nobodies have their own little...i dont know..."places" like Xemnas has "the altar of naught" and saix has that room next to kingdom hearts so he can gain power?
    I have a feeling that that place Sora and Riku ended up on was "Dark Destiny Islands" but it was Roxas' place (he appeared there and talked to xemnas in several cutscenes). It makes sense, seeing that roxas merged with sora before the final xemnas battle and most likely had the power to influence sora and riku's (well mostly sora's since sora saw the light before riku and led him to it) movement out of the "nobody" kingdom hearts...

yes they did. this is more of a theory, but since roxas was sora's "darkside" it wasnt sora's place to be in roxas' area, so the worlds granted sora the power to return home. Besides...Sora and Riku belong in the light. So its possible they were able to go back because of this.

That r in a lab. in twilight town specifically.

14. P Banned

The way I saw it was this:

Xemnas creates a nobody space.

Sora and Riku kill Xemnas, the nobody space starts to warp, as it cannot sustain itself.

Sora and Riku get plonked on the place closest to the relm of nobodies. The world of darkness.

Riku says that he has gone as far as he can go, and that he is stuck there. Sora offers to stay with him. (This could be what ICSP means when he says symbolic of death)

Kairi's letter appears, through power of her heart, or whatever. It appears, okay? I am putting it down to her princess status.

Sora reads it. More Princess power happens, drawing Sora to her. Remember Beast at Hollow Bastion in KH1? Remember how he got there? I would guess that this is a similar case.

Sora and Riku are back in the realm of light. Riku's leg is healed, leaving me to think it is symbolic, slightly.

End of story. (until KH3, when DiZ obviously returns)

15. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

Er... why does everyone think that the Light Portal was some sort of Princess Power gimmick? I mean, obviously, since there are corridors of darkness which can be travelled through, there should be corridors of light, right? I mean, Mickey did say that they can't exist without the other... I think that's why Riku pointed at Sora in the ending. He knew how Corridors of Darkness worked, having used them himself, and as such noticed some similarities between them. Possibly it was Sora's desire to see Kairi again that allowed him to open the Corridor of Light.

16. Kiwise Destiny Islands Resident

It is? Oh...
    Well, everything makes more sense, then.

Thank you! That's pretty much everything I wanted to know.

17. Paladin12345678 Twilight Town Denizen

That is exactly what I said!

18. Repliku Chaser

Because it is Kairi who kicked it all off, Erkz. She is also the one who used the power of her connection to Sora and Light to turn him back from a Heartless. The bottle was a representation, she made the link to Sora once he read the note and opened his heart. It's her power that helped bring him back. I'm not saying Sora is not a part of it as well, but it seems that Kairi has power many people overlook because of the Mary Sue thing she has going on. Kairi was sent out in the first place as a Princess of Heart to find the Keyblader by Xehanort. She can do things and it has been shown. She was definitely a part of them. Basically I think she gave Sora the key in essence and Sora just had to use it to have the door appear.

19. P Banned

Darkness and light are not two identical powers with different colours when used.

I think it is a Princess of Heart gimmick (or even just a normal person thing) because it only happened after Sora got the note, as well as Sora not doing anything to make the door. All other times, it has been flashy lights, but in this case, he just goes "Huh?"

Kairi on the other hand is sitting on the beach waiting for them.

Damn it!

ICSP! Why can we never agree on anything?

if we made our own interpretation on KH, we would get completely different games! (of course, mine would be the better one :p )

20. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Because kh1 was all about the princesses...did u notice that the instrumental version of simple and clean started playing as sora read kairi's letter? Things were turning back to the way they were before the journey started in kh1...
    besides, Nomura needed an equalizer, something to show that sora, riku and kairi are all "equals." After all, riku had already taken the beating for sora, and sora led riku to the light (quite litterally) and out of the nobody kingdom hearts, so it was kairi's responsibility to bring riku and sora to the light...
    *awwwwwww*
    3 friends...

but yeah, im pretty sure that was the aim...its disney after all, it HAS to end in a corny, mushy, way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.