What are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Cia, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Misty gimme kiss

THESE MANGAS ARE WIN.

Vampire Knight is just pure epicness. I love everything about this series. I love hating Kaname for being so sassy towards Kiryu, I love Yuki's whole I'm-gonna-feed-Zero thing. Everything is so epic. =D

Godchild I'm actually surprised to find someone that reads this too. >_> I've finished the series, but it's amazing. MaryxOscar FTW.

Shugo Chara is really cute, you're right. It is targeted towards a younger audience than I'm used to , but GOD is the art cute. x3 I love the girl that's always like "my kimono will get dirty D:"

djfhjidnvutytuep HIGH SCHOOL DEBUT <33333 I am in love with this series. It's so funny and cute. x3 Read on, you'll see what happens~.

Ehhh, that series bored me.

Other than the ones listed above, I'm also reading...

Beauty Pop This is a strange manga. xD It's about this girl who is an amazing hair cutter and finds herself at ends with the "Scissors Project" a group of boys in her school that are very flashy about makeovers.

Meru Peri by the same person as Vampire Knight, this is a little less serious and a bit of a guilty pleasure. x3 Jelie > all.

And of course the Twilight series. xD

2. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

XD I read all of Meru Peri. =\ A little odd with the age difference but I suppose it makes it up at - :X spooiiileeerrrrzzz. Overall, I thought it was cute. :3

3. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

I'm reading Breaking Dawn, the last book in the Twilight Saga... need I explain more? :3

4. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

I AM GOING TO BUY THAT TOOONNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHTTTTT AND I'M TOTALLY STOKED.

8D

=\ I wonder how long it is.

5. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

exactly 754 pages... lolz XD

6. Xaale Sylph of Hope

I'm reading the Death Note manga... I might get book 8 tomorrow if they don't have Death Note: Another Note

Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking dog: Best dog book ever, very emotional and addicting. This is my third time reading it.

I'm also planning on reading the Twilight series, I hear it's very good.

7. Xemnas7355 Gummi Ship Junkie

Gah Stephen King!! *hides*

8. Chevalier Crystal Princess

well, last moth, i was reading a triology wich kinda was more for adults....especially wimen.

Daughter of the forest- its not bad...but there is a scene that's kinda harsh and explicit.

overall, the books are good, but i wouldnt recommend it to guys or kids.

9. Destined Working for WDW

Currently i'm reading The Gunslinger, which is part one of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King.

10. Tootsie coquí

OHSHI-- There's a School Days manga? I.must.lurk.moarrrr
    ~
    I'm currently reading Breaking Dawn as well,I'm in chapter 4 I think.

It's pretty good from what I've read so far 3: I'm a slow reader lolol.

11. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

Yaaah. It's super short, though. Onemanga has it.

lol I'm on page 200-something now. i reed mre bettur dan u du n phastur 2. durr

So yah, that's right, I'm also reading Breaking Dawn. :]

12. Pistol Schoolboy Gummi Ship Junkie

Absolute Boyfriend: Personal view on it, adorable. Unfortunately, the ending wasn't so great. I mean, great ending itself, but I mean it as if I didn't want that to happen. But it added more drama to the series. Yet still, very sad ending, but a great manga nonetheless. Major reccomendation.

The Inferno: By far some of the greatest poetry I have ever heard. Dante Alighieri is a hero to me now, and his way of expressing what the life in Hell is like, really caught my attention. Dante lived a dramatic life, but his work really showed the emotion he must've felt through the rest of it. Can't wait to the read the other two.

Katekyou Hitman Reborn!: God, this is the great Kodansha mangas that wasn't screwed up by Viz when serialized in America. The manga and anime are still going on in Japan, last time I checked. And has major differences, but a great series nonetheless. I like the creativity with a baby mafia trainer, and the whole concept of a mafia in the first place. Sounds goofy at first, but then evolves into something more serious.

Watchmen: In preperation of the movie, of course, I am reading the graphic novel to understand the movie more. Maybe there might be stuff I won't see in the movie that are hidden within the graphic novel.

Orphanage: It has a cliche concept to it, but once you really get into the book, it really starts to get interesting. The only thing not so repetitive about a soldier squad being sent to Mars on a termination mission, is the fact that the soldiers themselves are orphans who all lost their parents at very young ages.

The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya: Recently had this imported in English through eBay, and I'm already in love with the story. Now, I read the other seven or eight books on a website, but I thought it would be nice to buy the latest book and read it personally. I must say, the book is getting really good, and I'm not going to spoil things, so yeah. But anyways, it kind of pisses me off how they haven't published the final book out yet. D:

13. Mielé Banned

Breaking Dawn >o<

Just got it today 8DD

14. Ixenin Destiny Islands Resident

Japanese For Dummies. Should explain itself.

15. OblivionRoxas Traverse Town Homebody

KH2 Manga Vol.1 :D

16. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Trying to find Pendragon Book 4 so I can continue with the series.

17. Sky fox099 Destiny Islands Resident

Nothing its summer why should i be reading. i only read during the school year cause i have to...

18. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

Warrior Cats...not sure which one but I have been reading it for a long time now xD​

19. W7F King's Apprentice

Lol, I'm reading quite a bit, whenever I'm not drawing or playing video games. I'm caught in a lot of stuff right now, but here are the main things I'm trying to finish:

Pretty Face - Just finished it, two nights ago. If you haven't read this yet... Well, you should read it (WarNiNg: Parental Advisory, Mature Content). Anywayz, its about this guy named Rando, a karate expert who kicks ass. He shows off all of the time, however, and comes off as a complete jerk. He's riding a bus when it manages to 'esplode, and his whole body is covered in burns. His face is burned beyond recognition. The doctor he's assigned to, Dr. Manabe, has no idea what he looked like. However, he finds a picture in Rando's wallet. A year later, Rando wakes up and finds his face looking just like this girl he likes, the picture hidden in his wallet! Very bad things follow, due to the fact that he's still a guy fromt the waist down.

Strawberry 100% - I've only finished through vol. 4. :(((((((( My money's run out, after buying all of these manga/anime/school supplies recently. Yes, I've only just discovered Manga. Yes, My mom hates me, keeps me locked in the cellar, and beats me constantly. Great stuff, it starts off as a love triangle, and then a square, and then that one shape that has six points. . .xDD Kinda perverted, though.

Death Note: Do I really have to explain? But I've finished it already. I just couldn't not mention it.

Death of A Salesman: Erm... School Required Summer Reading is t3h sux? Its a play thing. I've read the title on the cover.

Darkwalker on Moonshae: Its one of those Forgotten Realms novels. The first one ever published, actually. 'Tis pretty good.

20. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

^ I read Pretty Face. It was an all right manga. I always thought the plot was weird. lol And he isn't just a guy waist down. You're implying he has breasts. Fake ones, yes, so technically he's all male. The ending was sort of creepy/cute. If I were Rando, I'd definitely get my face back when I could. >_> The girl can suffer over her run-away twin sister.