Re:Coded What Coded Did Right

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Dravoo, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

Can I just say this sites ability to paste tumblr blogs is freakin cool!? I dont have to worry about editing or nothing!
    Granted there's some parts I should probably edit in this but I wanna see an opinion so meh.

2. Zgermanguy Destiny Islands Resident

interesting perspective. To me coded was just sort of meh,but i agree sidestorys should not anything that is highly important to the main story. It always made me angry that the handheld titles did that Had I knew that they would later put the handel titles on the playstation I would not have bought the DS. The problem with coded is that it did not try anything new I would habe liked if the story was so that not the journal of Sora was digitized but maybe some documents from ansem, from his studys about other worlds so we could have seen something new and not just again all the places we already have been to.

3. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

Choosing a more unique plot than KH1's Journal would've been better probably but since each journal world didn't really follow the original KH1 world plots I didn't mind. Some themes were repeated but thanks to the bugs in the system nothing was a copy of KH1's run entirely.
    I do think the "inside Riku" world was a bit much myself though. It seemed to stretch the story longer than it needed to be.

The only reason nothing new was added is because Nomura limited the game from the get go. He chose to use KH1's journal when he could've done a number of things. They could've at least had the KH1 Ansem Reports digitized with it so we could see something akin to what you listed.

I honestly think if most of the handhelds were more akin to Coded in it's "not necessary but fun anyway" approach that the series might be faring better. When the director makes even special concert events canon ya know you have a problem with story focus.

4. Zgermanguy Destiny Islands Resident

One of the themes of kingdom hearts is nostalgia anyway so it makes sense to repeat a lot of stuff but still would have been nice

5. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I will always, always, ALWAYS argue in favor of Coded. Sure, the story was a bit on the meh side, but I maintain that Re Coded is probably the most fun of the handhelds to play. It changed up the gameplay without being obnoxious about it, it had a lot of neat features without being overwhelming, and it's great for hop-in/hop-out kind of style (which some people prefer on a handheld). It's probably one of my favorite KH games to chill out with.

@tamale get in here and help me, you love this game

6. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

That in of itself is a bad things since it's kinda relied on nostalgia and repetition even though so little is like the KH1 nostalgia. Of course that's for fans old enough to have started with KH1 that are still around I think. Many fans today seem to be more new coming in with Days or others.

It was easily the best handheld, heck yeah! :'D Probably the only one I liked as much was the OG gba Chain of Memories from 2004.