Birth by Sleep What did exactly Terranort when he uses the keynlade on himself?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by DanceWaterDance, Apr 1, 2014.

1. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

I didn't really understand it.

2. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm not to clear on it either, but according to some people it's actually Terra who manages to regain control for a moment. It was him who used Xehanorts own keyblade to to sort of do something to their heart which then induces amnesia or something; thus forgetting how to use the keyblade. Then supposedly Ansem the Wise experimented on Xehanort's heart, and reawakened those memories( I think this is in one of the reports in Kh1).

^This makes the most sense to me.

Reference:

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/15979-terranorts-keyblade/

^The grammar is off, but he gets to the point.

3. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Ansem the wise never did experiments on Terranort. And I think that was Xehanort that uses the keyblade, because he says "get out of my heart" and then uses the keyblade.

4. Antidote Façade

I would think that Xehanort was in control of his mind and overall actions but Terra was still there in heart, maybe trying to regain control. So Xehanort used the keyblade to 'lock' Terra back up to being dormant.

5. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I always thought it was similar to Riku's dark Keyblade in KHI, able to release the darkness in one's heart or the heart itself. So maybe he stabbed himself to make Terra's heart sleep. Maybe a side effect caused Xehanort's memories to sleep as well?

6. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

That's very interesting actually, but if I remember clearly...Master Xehanort does say before he claims Terra's body, "...it is your darkness that will be the ark that sustains me." If I remember correctly, Vanitas was Ventus's pure darkness, so half of Ventus. So wouldn't it be that technically, Master Xehanort's heart is sustained by Terra's darkness which is a part of Terra's heart?

So with that^ in mind; aside from Terranort having a light like aura around him in the moment, wouldn't it be that Terra was the one in fact the one who momentarily regained control, and then with a final attempt at defeating Xehanort he plunges Xehanorts own keyblade into his chest, shouting beforehand, "This'll teach you...! Get out of my heart!"

I mean, even Aqua's dialogue hints that its Terra.

"Terra, I KNOW you're in there!"

Sorry if my previous post was silly. I could've sworn Ansem the wise mentioned in one of his reports experimenting on Xehanort.

Scratch that! I found it! It's in the KHII Secret Reports! (Silly me)

Secret Report 2:
    My efforts these many years have come to fruition, with the world I govern having become a paradise worthy of being called "Radiant Garden."
    Nurtured by the pure water that is the source of life, fragrant flowers bloom in abundance, and the people face each day with hopeful smiles.
    But where there is light, darkness also lurks. As noted in my earlier reports, I must solve the mystery of this "darkness of the heart." This paradise depends on it.
    I shall perform an experiment to probe the depths of a person's heart. One of my own apprentices, Xehanort, has volunteered to be a subject.
    The young man has served me ever since I nursed him back from death's door some years ago.
    He had lost all his memories at the time, but later showed remarkable intellectual curiosity and readily absorbed my teachings, gaining deep wisdom. Any mental immaturity is surely due to his young age.
    If I explore Xehanort's heart with psychological tests, I may be able to recall the past locked away within. My apprentice Even has also shown great interest in Xehanort's memories.
    But is he really the right subject? Xehanort does indeed exhibit extraordinary talents...
    Too extraordinary...
    Perhaps they are even superhuman.

Reference: http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Ansem_Reports

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  7. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

He said "IF i explore", not that he actually did it[DOUBLEPOST=1396466195][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yes, Xehanort's keyblade is similar to the keyblade of heart on KH1.[DOUBLEPOST=1396466435][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm not sure, but if it was Terra, shouldn't he speak with Terra's voice? Voice is quite important in KH, like when Ansem possessed Riku in KH he has double voice, and in BBS Terranort has "Ansem" voice to show his link with his heartless, so I think it was actually Xehanort that did something on Terra's heart, then loses his memories as a side effect

8. Arch Mana Knight

Do you mean when Terranort tries to plunge himself in darkness after the battle with Aqua?

If so, it's confirmed that Xehanort was the one who did that. It only takes a few seconds to look up the Trinity Reports within the game and read about it. He did it to make controlling Terra easier by plunging the body in darkness. Makes sense considering how obvious it was that Xehanort did not have total control over "Terranort".

9. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I have made a grave mistake. My study of the "darkness of the heart" began with a simple psychological test and quickly snowballed.

^The Secret Ansem Report right after the one I just posted. It's implied in the beginning of this report that Ansem the Wise had indeed done the psychological test, which thus would cause Xehanort to remember and thus to continue on with his plans. The plot has to move on somehow, right? lol

As for the whole Terranort scene after Aqua's final battle, my opinion still stands that it is inf act Terra who deliberately plunged the keyblade into his body's chest. Why? Well, Aqua just finished fighting Terranort(We all know how ridiculously OP this guy is story-wise). So why wouldn't it make sense for Terra to find an opening during Xehanort's weakened state to take over and put a stop to Xehanort by whatever means necessary?

Evidence to be used:

1)Terranort has an aura of light surrounding his body when this happens. Why on earth would Xehanort have an aura of light when trying to stop Terra?
    2)Also, that pit of darkness was caused not by Xehanort, but accidenatelly by the Guardian; he does happen to sort of 'die' right after the keyblade gets plunged into Terranort's chest, huh?

I don't see what Xehanort would gain by plunging his weakened body into the realm of darkness...

I do see what Terra and the realm of light would gain by tossing Terranort into the realm of darkness, though.

P.S: I looked up trinity reports, and found trinity archives which then led me to Xehanort Reports. Those didn't say anything(from the 12 reports that I read) about what related to this topic. Am I looking wrong? Please send me a link to the source you read it from when you have time.

10. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

I'm thinking that aura of light was Terra's influence trying to restrain Terranort. MX then proceeds to attempt to remove Terra's heart from the body because he doesn't need the heart, just the body. It backfires and the amnesia is the result and I'm guessing the guardian probably chose to retreat them into the darkness since it's host is unconscious.

11. Arch Mana Knight

"In a desparate move to rid himself of Terra once and for all, Xehanort turned his own Keyblade on himself, and began to sink into the pool of darkness that spilled forth.

Aqua dove into the darkness to pull her friend out, but soon realized only one of them would be able to return."

Busted out my PSP to quote this from the Timeline in BBS word for word. I tried looking for a link but after about ten seconds of searching I gave up and decided to go for the source. Xehanort was the one who stabbed "Terranort" with the keyblade. I already stated why he would want to do this. It's easier to force control over Terra if they're no longer in the Realm of Light. The more darkness there is, the better for Xehanort.

12. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Welp, it can't be helped then. Guess it's xehanort then. lol (Although my opinion still stands; however redundant it may seem now)