What do you think of Gay Marriages?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by RoxasNoxas, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Gay man: I'm gay
    Straight man: Ew, that's sick.
    Gay men: Really? I think it's pretty natural for me.
    Straight man: When did you choose to be gay?
    Gay man: When did you choose to be straight?

2. Princess Snow White I feel such an isomniac.

I think they gay marriges are sorta ok. As long two people are in love, what does it matter? People have they're own opinions and everyone is different in their own way.

3. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Gay people aren't that different. They just have different prefferences. You know what I mean.

4. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Im not gay, but im not going to take someone else's happiness away (being able to marry someone of the same sex) just because I wont do it. I believe in same sex marriage. Just as long as they r happy...and dont mess with me...

5. Kaihedgie Gummi Ship Junkie

Gay people no different from humans. XP If they wanna marry someone of the same sex, then let 'em, instead of bein' a jerk about it. D:

6. Dove Syndrome Traverse Town Homebody

I personality think that Gay Marriages should be allowed. My belief is that love is love no matter what. Love has no gender, no nationality, no religion, and in some cases no age. Also, for me personality because I am a bisexual and in love with a girl.

7. Xephos Neko, gamer, animelover, and artist :3 *purrs*

Well I really hate to see one or even be invited to one but I really don't care as long as it makes people happy, I can't do anything about it.

8. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

It's perfectly fine. I personally wouldn't, but it's another person, not me, and them getting married doesn't affect me in anyway. So let them live how they want!

That's kind of a closed-minded statement for you, someone who usually has more intelligent contributions...

9. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

*Applauds*

I am straight, but I have friends who are gay. And they're awesome. Gay marriages are just as ok as straight marriages, IMO. Shame on people who are homophobic.

10. myoblivion King's Apprentice

Im not agaisnt gay marriages.
    I want them to be able to marry, ^-^
    Happiness is more important!

11. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Cin, the world needs more people like you.

12. Inasuma "pumpkin"

People are people, and they will want to do things like gay marriage. But I don't think anyone has any right to just sit there and deny them the right to do what they want to do.

I'm not against it, I'm not for it. I don't mind it at all. If it directly affects me, so be it, I really don't care. I have lots of gay friends. Nothing big, imo. lol

13. Luka Deafening silence

wow topic revival xD
    and meh i think if they want to be together they can but i find it quite disturbing to think off to men kissing or even having sex Dx seriously i don't know why but that does seem very wrong to me <<;

14. Atlas Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm for it. I myself am not gay, but one of my family members is and jesus, i love them to death. If she wants to get married, who has a right to tell her she isn't allowed to? Ha, i'd actually like to see someone try and tell her she couldn't, she'd bite their head off. Literally.

Seriously though, what's wrong with it? It's not like gay marriage ceremonies are any different from straight marriages. I don't see why the people that have problems with it do. Hell, they aren't gonna be invited to the wedding.

15. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I have never had a problem with it. There really isn't any difference between a Man and a Man getting married (or two women) and a Man and a Women.

It's always been natural for a Man to go with a Woman so when this new stuff comes along people can't settle with it so they say they're against it. We just think it's unnatural because it's different, what right do we have to take that away from them?

16. Shrooms Destiny Islands Resident

Ok,so I spent a lot of time reading all this(Lifeless much?) and I realized how so many people are against it for SO MANY TYPICAL REASONS!(AND SORRY FOR THE HUGE HUUGEEE NECROBUMP)

I would like to express my views on this, and give rational reasons why all you have said against homosexuality is kinda irrational.

Ok so you said:
    1. It is unnatural.
    Well actually, its proven it IS natural if by natural you mean it happens in nature. Some animals (which obviously don't have "peer pressure" on them as is apparently, the case for humans as you put it) such as elephants and dogs actually HAVE homosexual behavior so yeah it IS natural. Now I know some will say "but they're animals and they cannot think, god has given us a brain" and in case by 'natural' you meant biologically wrong then sorry mates but it is biologically proven that in fact, homosexuality is not a choice and influenced by birth (someone else already explained this in another post). Yes it IS rarer than normal but it happens, just like left handedness. And you don't ban left handed people from marrying do you?

2. The purpose of marriage is to procreate and homosexual couples cannot have children,
    If THAT is your reasoning then even some heterosexual couples cannot get married! Because some couples do not even WANT children, some are physically incapable (even with the use of fertility drugs). Also, if this is the case then old couples should not be allowed to get married and it should be illegal! So yeah, ban that and homosexual people will think its a fair treatment.

3. Its against my religion/ its a sin/ its sick/ disgusting/ *barfs* etc
    For those of you who try to bring religion into this I have two things to say. One, Not everyone shares your religion as it is not the only religion in the world, and its against human rights to ban something for other people just because YOU don't agree to it! There's a word for that, and its called DICTATORSHIP! Its like what Hitler was doing isn't it? He didn't like some people or their views and he decided to just burn them....yeah, that wasn't very nice of him now was it?

And two, its a sin you say? well if its a sin DON"T DO IT! simple as that. You think it's disgusting? don't turn gay! You have every right to follow your religion, and your views but you have no right whatsoever to force it upon other people who frankly, didn't really ask for your opinions on their marriage. Now some may say, "but if same sex marriages are allowed it'll ruin my family!" for that I ask you a very simple question: "HOW?" How in the world would some other people getting married ruin YOUR family? Are you saying if it's legalized then you'll realize you want to go marry someone from the same sex just because you can? Excuse me for saying this, but if that IS what you're saying you don't seem to have that much faith now do you?

Whew that was a lot! Thank you for taking time to read this (if anyone actually did xD) And I won't write anymore, although there are tons more points.Again,SORRY FOR THE NECROBUMP BAAAAAH.

17. Explode Who?!

You made some very good points; I totally agree. And with respect to procreation, same sex marriages can fill in one of the gaps in our society, if they want children. Some will use methods like artificial insemination, but many will adopt. A large number of orphanages are extremely overcrowded, and so if more same sex couples were allowed to adopt (some are some aren't, depending on state laws), this problem can potentially disappear, or at the very least, become less severe. I'd also argue that the world is overpopulated enough as is, so I don't know why this part is even in the debate XD

And I'm pretty sure that bumping threads is okay, just not in the Spam Zone, and not more than twice by the same person. Plus you should have something to contribute (as you did).

18. T3F Chaser

I personally dont think Gay marriage should be thought of any differently to straight marriage. its two people, regerdless of gender, in love. theres nothing wrong with that? Has society become so corrupted that they look down upon same sex couples?

19. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

i really think that is a couple that really loves each other wants to get married because its something they both believe in, no matter what their sex is, they should be able to. thats completely against what my faith says, but i believe thats the way things should be :D

20. tSG1 Chaser

If a couple want to get married and they are happy and in love, nobody can stand in the way. So, nobody should stand in the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.