Dream Drop Distance What Happened to my Sora?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Goth Kiara, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Goth Kiara Moogle Assistant

I need your opinion, because SOra is/was my hero and Kairi is my character, but IM PISSED with how they ended Sora should have been the one to pass, HE was the main character HE was the true key Blade Weilder, and he FAILS? How can the writters Just changed it li

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

No idea what you're complaining about.

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Simple. Riku was the better Keyblade wielder, overcoming the threat of Xehanort as well as saving Sora from facing a similar fate as Ventus. Sora, on the other hand, was easily taken advantage of by Xehanort thanks to his feelings. Sora should consider himself lucky that things didn't go worse for him (again, thanks to Riku). And besides, Sora didn't seem to mind not becoming a Keyblade master at all. He'll probably get his chance in KH3.

4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Never in the history of storytelling has the main protagonist ever dropped the ball or failed. /s

5. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Story wise, @Roxam has the "canon" reasoning as to why Sora didn't get it.
    Riku is the TRUE Keyblade Master, because Terra actually did the Keyblade inheritance on him, not Sora. This gets covered in a few games, the only reason why the Keyblade was given to Sora at that moment was because Riku was lost to the darkness. Sora doesn't need to be the Keyblade Master to be the main character, he's had lots of games where he wasn't and he's still there. If anything it's clearer for why Riku got it.

This didn't just come out of left field with no explaination, it makes sense.

Anyway the story reason doesn't really matter, because ultimately the story reason was created around an idea Nomura wanted.

Nomura has a idea for how his own game should go. If he doesn't want Sora to be a Keyblade Master until three, then **** dude who am I to say what an artist like Nomura should do with their work.

There are lots of things we can complain about Nomura not doing or stuff not making sense in canon and things like that, which will probably get taken care of in three. This isn't one of them.

6. Mixt The dude that does the thing

At least as we've seen it thus far, I tend to dislike the mark of Mastery because of how arbitrary and pointless it is. In BBS the whole thing takes like 15 minutes of game time and then Aqua becomes entitled to info about The Land of Departure. Because those are related somehow? Then Sora and Riku's exam takes an entire game (which was only made slightly longer by the hijacking nonsense) and Riku get absolutely nothing that I'm aware of. And the reasons stated for Sora and Terra not getting it fall into "You've got to be kidding me" territory.

Although I always found that twist with Sora to be undermined by the twist preceding his final boss. "I know the keyblade didn't choose me, and I don't care." The writers place doubt on if Sora is even a rightful keyblade wielder, it would be kinda weird for them to then declare him a master.

7. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

I dont agree with giving a character something just because they're the main character. That logic is a quick path to making a lead dull or supporting cast dull since the MC always ends up with all the powers or perks of the other characters. It's just not a good development idea.