Birth by Sleep when I see things like this...

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by 61, Mar 10, 2013.

1. 61 No. B

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can't help but think we got a far less interesting game than we would have gotten based on the early development screenshots.

and I don't know about anyone else, but...

I've played bbs many times, and not once have I had gameplay that looks this dynamic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had been following bbs for years (from khvids, no less), and when I finally played the game it was not the experience I had been anticipating.

I think this serves as a prime example of how changing something too many times can result in a watered down and far worse version of what you had originally.

what do you think? do you think that we were given a watered down version of what we could have gotten? or are you satisfied with the game that was released, and think that the changes they made only improved the game?

2. A Zebra Chaser

While there have been significant graphical downgrades, gotta say, the gameplay is more or less identical. Same animations and everything

3. 61 No. B

the decline in graphics is actually the least of my concerns.
    The battle animations are not the same. In the trailers you can see how they have been changed. Commands such as Thundaga, Fire Surge, Arial Slam, Sonic Blade, and perhaps Ars Arcanum, are almost entirely different.
    Certain scenes had also been moved, removed, or heavily altered in ways that I think are not for the better.
    Those are only some of the changes. If you watch and look closely you can see many more.

4. A Zebra Chaser

I didn't mention the cutscenes because I didn't think that was what the topic was about.
    However, the thing is, the actions are more or less the same. It's the screenshots capturing the moves at their best that makes it look more dynamic. One notable change IS the fact that they seem to have NO lag between using moves, which would allow for combos. I'm guessing this was gamebreaking, so they changed it.
    But yeah, in all honestly, besides some negligible graphical downagrades, the system seems more or less identical.
    (And yet again I am left to ponder why you like KH3D so much more than BBS, considering nearly the same thing happened with that game)

5. 61 No. B

The dynamic gameplay shots are not a reason that I find the released game to be a watered down version of what we saw in development. Those are there just for.
    Playing bbs now, and looking/watching at early gameplay shots that I've seen for years, there are differences.

6. Labrys King's Apprentice

Hmmmm something tells me that the same thing is gonna happen in 1.5.
    Yeah evertime i see screen shots like these sometimes i wonder "What the hell happened to this game?"
    And from the tell of these posts, you are not very fond of it.

7. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I'm with hatok for the most part on this one. I don't see that many significant differences. When they do scenes for trailers they do have a tendency to scratch stuff together with what is lying around, and many things are altered for balancing to make it more fun to play even if it looks less awesome. There is a big difference for making an impression in a few minutes and making it over several hours. So yeah, I just generally advise not paying too much attention to the trailers. Especially after the game is released.