Kingdom Hearts II Who hates Riku

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Hakurei Reimu, May 5, 2008.

?

Who hates Riku

1. I do

13 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. I don't

142 vote(s)
    70.0%
  3. the cake is a lie

48 vote(s)
    23.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In_the_Twilight Twilight Town Denizen

Wow. Haven't posted in 2 years. Weird...

ANYWAYS, I'm a self-admitted Riku fangirl, so ya, I find him very awesome. As an embodiment of both light and dark, he is a complex anomaly in the KH world.

I also want to give a big batch of cookies to whoever designed him (esp. KH2). (Poor Sora hits puberty and Riku is STILL a head taller than him)

Am I ashamed that I'm a 20-year-old who has a crush on a cartoon? Nope.

2. Birth By Sleep 13 Traverse Town Homebody

Riku is awesome.....without him, kingdom hearts would be a total mess. everybody just has to love Riku.

3. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

I never hated Riku. I remember that the game came out when I was nine years old and most people in my age group who played said they hated him. I was always defending him by saying, "No, I don't hate Riku...Maleficent just tricked him. He's really a good person inside."

I still agree with my nine year old self.

4. Stardust Chaser

I've never liked Riku.
    In the first game, he was a total idiot, whether he was tricked or not. Seriously, who would fall for Maleficent's tricks? I think her skin color is enough of a reason to stay away from her. Granted, Kingdom Hearts is about a kid being followed around by a duck and a dog saving the world from darkness, but in any case, Riku played right into her hands. As a character, I really feel like he was portrayed as smarter than that. But I suppose not.
    In Chain of Memories, I'd probably have liked him better, but truth be told I never got to his half of the game before my Nintendo DS was stolen with the game in it. I had just finished Sora's story. So I really can't speak for that, except for some cutscenes I watched here.
    In KH2 though, he drove me even crazier. All the time he was moping about being in darkness in the first game, even though I thought he accepted his darkness or something in Chain of Memories (Correct me if I'm wrong), and even though ALL OF HIS FRIENDS INSTANTLY FORGAVE HIM. They were just happy to see him again. The least he could have done was get into a cheery mood as well. He didn't have anything to worry about anymore.
    To be honest though, even though I never liked Riku very much, he's too important of a character for me to think they should get rid of him. And on top of that, he's probably got more depth than all of the other characters combined, save for Roxas. Kingdom Hearts is often really lacking in character depth, at least in most cases.

So basically. Do I hate him? Yes.
    But do I think he should crawl into a hole and die so I won't have to see him anymore? No. He's important whether I like him or not.

5. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

Riku was always tempted by darkness, and Maleficent urging him to join him was difficult to resist when he was already intruiged by it. In the second game, Riku had been through and learned a lot--the hard way. I think he had a right to be depressed. Plus, the reason they forgave him is because he learned from his past mistakes and was making efforts to fix the problems he'd caused. The fact that he accepted responsibility for his actions is what makes him a likable character (to me, anyway). Also, why on Earth would you trust a person based on their skin color? I'm sure you didn't intend to make a racist comment.

6. Daenerys Targaryen ok

If you hate a fictional character, you have no life. Just hate Miley Cyrus trust me it's much easier.

Therefore I like him,though Sora is better <3

7. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

I dun see wats so great bout Riku.,.. I've never liked him- he's wierd :[
    And people think he's so cool... I don't see why he's that great...
    It's annoying.

I kinda agree O__O
    Worrying so much about fic. characters is wierd and also obsessing over the characters and saying they're hot... That's rly wierd...

8. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

Riku pwn's Sora!
    I'm such a Riku fangirl!
    He has everything Sora doesn't!
    Awesome hair, awesome hair colour, muscles, etc.!
    Riku 4-evah!

9. Dark Link Banned

I don't, I think he is awsosome but also a jerk, but thats my opinion

10. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i just didn't like his outfit in the second game.

11. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

I don't DISLIKE him, I just don't find any of the original KH characters to be very interesting. Likeable, but uninteresting.

12. JustRob Traverse Town Homebody

I hate the stupid little jerk for capturing Roxas and cooperating with DiZ.... And in the first game he was a total jerk.

13. Dandersnuff Twilight Town Denizen

I didn't like him at all in the first one : (
    He had such scary eyes O_O
    But I learned to like him more in KH2 ^___^ It was so sweet how far he was willing to go to help Sora : 3 And I liked how he felt sorry for Roxas : 0
    And his eyes aren't that scary anymore ^_~ (might have something to do with them being covered by his hair, though...)

14. Crown Clown Banned

i dont really like riku the only reason i would think that he is OK is because he sorta pays out sora

15. Xrin Destiny Islands Resident

Omg How Can U H8 Riku HE OWNS and he looks so cool but evn though he did betray sora hes still kl

16. Envious623 Twilight Town Denizen

This might seem weird to some people, but I liked Riku far more in the first game than the second. Yes, even when he was evil. Why? Cause he was awesome. You can't deny that he was cool. He kind of lost his awesomeness and went emo in KH2. Don't get me wrong, I still love Riku and understand the reasons for the personality change, but I still like KH1 Riku better.​

17. OakaTheXXIII Traverse Town Homebody

I don't hate Riku D:
    he's ok in KH1 tho..

18. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

I didn't like him in the first one, and absolutely loved Sora. He was so cute! But in KHII, I hated Sora. He's so naive! I loved Riku from that moment on. JK. I don't hate Riku anymore, but I absolutely hate Sora. *hides*

19. Roxas VII Banned

Riku rocks, no other answer to this thred lolz

20. Senbonzakura Kageoshi Kingdom Keeper

he's cool i just wish he embraced the light and not the darkness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.