Kingdom Hearts Who talks to Sora at the Awakening?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Zyborggian, Feb 23, 2010.

1. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

The Keyblade didn't choose who it wanted to go to. Terra did. Here:
    [video=youtube;okmdHeHSPNQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okmdHeHSPNQ[/video]

2. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

Actually the keyblade does chooses who it wants to be with one example of that is when at hollow bastion in kh1 riku took the keyblade from sora since he was originally supposed to have the keyblade. But he only haded for a limited time cuz when it was riku vs sora it showed that sora had a stronger heart than riku and so because of that the keyblade returned to sora. And what terra did to riku was another way to obtain the keyblade.And the 2nd example is at traverse town when sora was being told by Leon & yuffe about the keyblade and how it chosed him even though sora didn't want it

3. Key master Sora Traverse Town Homebody

In everyone's hearts as the connection....
    Another reason sora got the keyblade though was when
    Ven's heart merged with his...
    I mean, wouldn't that let you use the keyblade? And you notice sora used the keyblade the same age ven was? What about kairi then? Riku summoned a keyblade for her to use but the keyblade didn't vanish when she held it...

4. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

Maybe you just answered your question there, since u said another way sora obatained the keyblade was when he and vens heart merged, right? So what I'm thinking is when kairis heart went inside sora it kinda gave her the ability to wield the keyblade without it disappearing.

5. Key master Sora Traverse Town Homebody

In everyone's hearts as the connection....
    XD stupid.... me...... *scratches head laughing* I usually answer my own questions in the same sentence I ask them.... Sorry!

6. Naroxa Merlin's Housekeeper

I have to admit, it does sound a bit to serious to be Mickey, but if it's been confirmed, I'm not complaining :)

7. Gaming Reploid Destiny Islands Resident

I can believe it was Mickey easily. True, it doesn't sound like him, but you have to remember that this is his HEART talking. Remember in BbS
    when Sora was born in the intro, his heart spoke to Ventus. Even though Sora could only say things like "Googoo gaga" his heart could still communicate and even said, "I am a brand new heart." and other things as well.
    I think that when the heart communicates, you don't hear it. You feel it. You understand the gist of what it is trying to communicate.

For any DBZ fans out there, here's an example: Later in the show, most characters can sense someone's power level. Not an exact number. Not like "He has a power level of over 9,000!!!!" Just a rough estimate. They can FEEL their power.

Back to KH. Here's a theory: I think that when Mickey was talking to Sora in the beginning, he was really trying to reach Riku. He could probably sense his light and his ability to wield the keyblade. Even in that video that's posted on page one, Mickey says, "I've been talking to you all along. But my words were hindered by the darkness covering your heart." So he tried to reach Riku, but he was too concerned with opening the door to leave Destiny Islands (his only bit of selfishness and "darkness" at the time) but then Mickey must've noticed Sora's light and HIS ability to wield the keyblade thanks to
    Ven (since he fused with Sora's heart)
    and that's why he talked to Sora.

As far as why Sora didn't say anything at the end of the game like a "Hey! I remember you weird voice guy!" wellll...let's just remember that Sora isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch. Besides, he was too concerned with Riku and Kairi and all that other good stuff.

8. shadowstruth Moogle Assistant

I think that it may have been sora who spoke with ven in bbs, since soras nobody (roxas) looks like ven, and it may have been mickey in kh1 but i also think that it may have been namine in kh2 talking to roxas since it was she had power over people connected with soras heart. she was the one who took away the memories of sora donald and goofy remember.
    but i believe that it was sora in bbs, because the "i am a new heart" bit and hearts being wise beyond their bodies age, i.e. "xehanorts transfer in bbs". though i would agree that mickey talked to both riku and sora. because it could be that the darkness surrounding riku was deafening mickeys voice like how it blocked master arecues from contacting xehanort in bbs. so he found sora and saw the promise in him.

9. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

This is interesting. So it's Mickey who was talking with Sora in that dream? Mickey has the ability to talk with people's heart?
    Ven or Mickey?

I always thought it was Ventus, never thought it could be any other person but... thinking well... Ventus's sleeping, he couldn't be the voice, because he doesn't say like that and is sleeping. Mickey doesn't sound serious like that...

I don't think it's Ansem, he was in the Realm of Darkness and planing his revenge and whatever.
    Yeah, I don't know who is, but I do know why it wouldn't be. DX

10. Silent Wings Destiny Islands Resident

I believe Nomura has confirmed that King Mickey guided Sora through his sub consciousnesses in the beginning of the game.

for proof:
    Mysterious Voice

It’s the King calling to Sora here. In the Dive To Heart, the King guides Sora through his dream, explaining the intentions of the adventure.

When Sora acquires the Keyblade for the first time after this and just before passing through the last door of The End of The World , Sora hears a voice reverberate in him that sounds like the King’s. It seems so that those around him understand without hearing, the King speaks to Sora’s heart directly

source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943347-/57971099

11. Hiro ✩ Guardian

To add, the only reason Mickey may have known about Sora getting the Keyblade is because
    He and Yen Sid discuss where Ven and Aqua are in Re:Coded

12. A Zebra Chaser

Don't forget that Mickey knew there was going to be a specific keyblade wielder showing up, hence why he sent Donald and Goofy
    It's never really expanded on, but Mickey seems to know that Riku's keyblade will be awakened and that it will have a part in sealing the door to darkness

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Sorry, but not quite. Let me quote the letter from the first game.

So you see, we can't just assume that Mickey knew exactly where Sora would be. He says that the stars were blinking out, and he didn't know if the other Keyblade wielder would be as experienced as he is, but the odds were that somehow he would end up in Traverse Town... eventually.

And to get to the question in the beginning, before Birth by Sleep, everyone would always assume it was Mickey (after all, he is able to talk to Riku in KHFM and in Chain of Memories without physically being present) but with each new entry in the series, all signs point to
    Ventus

14. Hiro ✩ Guardian

What Cat~ said is true. Mickey only knew it was Sora at the end of the game when
    They closed the door