Why Disney Channel is no longer entertaining

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Krowley, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Krowley Moderator

After searching the internet, I found the answer:

2. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

Mr. Disney should be ashamed. He didn't do it for the money. He did it to entertain people and making them happy.

3. program Twilight Town Denizen

Disney XD is still pretty decent, but yes Disney is sucky. Poor Walt, crying in his grave.

4. Kites Chaser

Oh my god, I found this really funny, but really sad.
    Yeah Disney Channel is just terrible now. It went down hill after the 90s. I'm just glad it didn't "infect" The Walt Disney Company where they make the actual films. Honestly though, I just wish Disney would make more animated movies or cartoons (not phineas and ferb or whatever the crap that is), I mean good ones, with a story and complex characters. But unfortunately, like that quote stated, it's just a money making venture now.

5. Always Dance Chaser

The only redeeming quality of Disney is Phineas and Ferb. That show is amazing but sadly everything else on it is terrible. In fact that is practically the only good cartoon left these days. I feel really bad for my little brother, having to grow up with all this crappy crap. I wish he would have at least been around for Foster's Home (The last good show that ever aired on CN)

6. Jin うごかないで

To hell with disney XD , i miss fox kids and jetix..
    i miss all the old shows...

7. brunowarne Banned

It's wrong, Disney channel is the best way to entertained yourself any time. I love those shows which i like most i.e Tom & Jerry Shows and many more.........

8. Glen Returned from the dead

They need to bring back classic moveis such as The Fox and the Hound.

9. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

God I loved that movie.

10. orlando. Traverse Town Homebody

I think if Walt Disney was still alive and saw what Disney had become, he would shoot his brains out.

11. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

I also disapprove, mainly because the shows repeats. The only cartoon on there is Phineas and Ferb, and its OK at first, but then the concept gets old. It gives me the impression, "Do whatever you want and you won't get caught."

12. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

WELL in my opinion i think its because we all have gotten older and more mature and dumb jokes or cacth-prases like '' sweet-niblets '' dont realy affect any humor on us any-more

ohh,so true...

13. Saxima [screams geometrically]

These days, the Disney channel sucks bawls. I remember it used to be one of the coolest channels on TV, Cartoon Network too (when they still hosted Toonami and Fridays) has also gone down the drain.

Adventure Time rocks though.

14. Misty gimme kiss

Normally that'd be my explanation too, but I think that this thread is more targeting how Disney Channel doesn't have much to do with classic Disney.

But I guess that's just the way of things, it's not just Disney that's like this. Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network are now too moving towards the teeny non-cartoon shows, because that's what is selling these days. Would I prefer them showing what made Disney what it is? Yeah. But I don't hold it against them. They are a business, after all, and they still do show the classic Disney movies sometimes.

15. P Banned

It definitely would be nice to see more focus on the traditional characters/spirit of Disney, but if that's impossible, so be it. Provided they keep my beloved Fillmore!, I'll be satisfied. That's one show they did ri——

Oh.

16. Shadox D. Twilight Town Denizen

I wholeheartedly agree that the Disney Channel is horrible and something I am ashamed of. Who cares about some teenage girl having a crush on a guy? SO WHAT?! Every teenage girl has a crush on a guy.
    They need to bring back the originals like Fox and the Hound, The Aristocats, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin.... all those good things.

Money corrupts everything. Damn money to the bottomless pits of hell.

17. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Yes, I agree, disney has gone downhill about ten to five years ago. They quit showing the old cartoons and put on this reality show bull. They are following the rest of the networks in doing reality shows. I am not saying it is wrong to be the same but come on Disney. I understand some of the shows have morals and values to be learned but they are just . . . not entertaining at least to the older generation. To me Disney will always be Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy.

18. program Twilight Town Denizen

Ain't That The Truth. Poor Mr.Disney is crying in his grave, or frozen cell, wanting to be unfrozen to fire the staff.

19. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Not going to lie, I actually don't mind some of the live-action shows aimed for older kids, teens, whatever. As a guy, I actually did watch the first couple of seasons of Hannah Montana. Hell, Lizie McGuire and Jett Jackson were some of my favorite shows and they were live-action. The reality-styled shows now? I do not like those one bit. If Disney is aiming at older audiences (in a sense, making their programming grow with their audience), then I think it's working. I'm a fan of Wizards of Waverly Place and Good Luck Charlie. Aaron Stone, imho, had great potential and was very 90s-esque, shame that got canceled.
    However, Disney doesn't consider nostalgia. They're becoming too teenagerish and too comical (the reason Aaron Stone got canceled is because they didn't want any live-action shows that weren't comedy). They do need more cartoons like the old ones, or even more like Phineas and Ferb. Hell, Get Ed was a great one. Disney needs to also go back to its roots, especially if they're still going to use the Mickey Mouse logo (they still do, right?)
    I would love to see them attempt to go back to their roots with an Oswald show, do something different but classy, you know?

20. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I agree 100%.

Aaron Stone was a great show. I mean if they cancelled it just becuase it was serious instead of comedic then they ought to cancel Naruto Shippuden!

Disney needs more variety in its programming if it wants to try to appeal to more of the older audience. The lame new cartoons and corny live action TV movies shows just don't cut it with teenagers.

They need more genius ideas like Phineas and Ferb, Aaron Stone, and more live action shows. This is the last season of Wizards of Waverly Place so they've got room for another show now.