Why Disney Channel is no longer entertaining

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Krowley, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Spike H E R O

Anne.....Swee-ney....

I will remeber this name. The name of the harlot who killed off some of the best saturday morning line-ups my childish eyes have ever laid themselves on. They're talking about profits, well, are they saying that the way they ran in the 90's almost got them bankrupt or something?

Lady, puh-lease :lolface:

It it ain't broke, don't fix it, and what they did was smash it wih a wrench until it became so deformed you could'nt even recpgnize it anymore. Don't give me this "innovation is all part of growing with the times" bull****. You want to put this **** on the air, then start your own network and broadcast them there, but don't f*** with my 'toons, you yankey b****.

Yeah, I'm a bitter old f*** who can't let go of a good thing that's come and gone, but senselessness is something I have a hard time tolerating. Disney was made for kids. Adults would enjoy watching Mickey Mouse cartoons, regardless (hell, he's the only cartoon character my immigrant father knows).

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Honestly Jetix [Toon Disney half of the time it was on...] had some good shows.

Filmore, Digimon, Recess, The Weekenders (if anyone else remembers it) and I honestly got made fun of quite a bit in Elementary School for being a Power Rangers Dino Thunder/Power Rangers SPD fan... they were great shows in my opinion as little kid.

Then they turned it into Disney XD, took away lots of the shows I knew and loved, and butchered most of the programming into an 8 year old's [mostly a boy's] paradise...

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

That's probably because the main Disney Channel is a pre-teen girl's paradise. I stopped watching Disney shows around the time the Wizards show started. It was a good show, don't get me wrong. I think Selena Gomez is the best actress they've had in a LONG time. She can go places; she only needs to find roles that fit her (like on the Wizards show). The same thing with the girl who voices Xion (I forgot her name). She has a good range of emotion and is believable, but watching the show she's in on Disney, I could have never guess. It's just good actors getting crappy roles.

Back to my inital idea though, Disney is right now marketing towards teenage girls. It started slowly with Lizzie McGuire and Kim Possible, but that seemed to have an all gender feel. As it aged on, they leaned more closely to girls with High School Musical and Hannah Montana. Girls can't get enough of pop music, so they decided to force all of these popstars on us. Honestly, I'm just not a big fan of the shows anymore because they seem more like a cash grab.

I've said this numerous times: My favorite Disney show was So Wierd. It was a Twilight Zone for little kids and had an amazing plot. I could still watch episodes today and not feel embarassed. It was edgy, dark, and full of great moments that were filled with emotion. Even the final season, the one everyone hates, I liked. There was alo Boy Meets World; it's the same idea. The reasons why I love Disney movies is because they are filled with great stories that had characters you could feel for. Now, the stories are half-assed and I don't care what could happen to a character.

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I miss it all. I watched Disney Channel when it was good (IE Kim Possible). Some shows aren't that bad though (Suite Life on Deck, Wizards of Waverly Place) and I thouroughly enjoyed the most recent original movie Lemonade Mouth. Even so, Hannah Montana and other shows like that are ok when you first see them, but then the concepts end up getting old, just like the Graceful Assassin said.

5. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

The only show i miss watching is That's So Raven.

It was my all time favourite show next to Kenan & Kel :3

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Wow, I don't have this channel on my TV any more but one things for certain, I don't think I can call them Disney any more. I grew up with Disney and it taught me a lot and this world has now become so corrupt in their craving for money that entertainment has really gone downhill. Just the thought that the main reason for the shows is to make money tarnishes them, no matter how good they may be. I miss how it used to be, I wish they'd see that too.

Saying that, I do realise that money is important, but it shouldn't be the primary goal, it never was for Walt Disney.

7. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

You know what they should do? They should bring back Toon Disney or at least have some more classical Disney shows from the late 80's-90's in Disney Channel.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

They need some action shows is what they need. There weren't too many shows I enjoyed, but at least there were plenty good action shows. Now it's all about comedy, and it's boring comedy at that

9. MuchoMarshmallow Merlin's Housekeeper

Since they replaced the awesome old-style cartoons with jazzy music with a whole bunch of people in their twenties pretending they're 16 with inserted laughs where there's meant to be a joke, Disney's real meaning went *poof*

10. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

I stopped watching Disney Channel since Hannah Montana came on the air.
    To me, nowadays shows on Disney are stupid gossip shows that focus on nothing but the adventures of the dumb female protaginist and her friends.
    For some reason, I think the only way to attract me (and maybe others) back to Disney Channel, DC should launch an anime KH series.

11. chibiwings Traverse Town Homebody

What's sad is that, while Walt Disney originally created the Disney Company for ALL ages and ALL genders, modern Disney Channel focuses on ONE gender and ONE age group AND strips away the Disney roots that the entire world still knows and loves.
    Ok, I understand that not all shows are geared to one gender (i.e So Random, Good Luck Charley), but take a brief look and you will see it is mostly for little girls:
    ANT Farm - Even though it's about talented kids, guess who the main character is? A preteen girl. =/
    Shake It Up - The main characters are girls and most girls looove to dance.

I could go on if I could remember other Disney shows that are currently on air. I stopped watching Disney Channel about four years ago because life got in the way. Plus that was the time when the good Disney shows were going off the air and I was disappointed about it. The only reason I know about the new shows now is because I watched it when I stayed the night with a friend a while back. Also, it's now a requirement in my acting class. LOL But I have to say that I like Shake It Up. BUT Good lord PLEASE kick So Random off the air! I can't stand that show!

Overall I really do miss old Disney and old Disney Channel. I wish they would get their act together. :(

12. NYAN CAT =^_^= Destiny Islands Resident

Yea, I mean my Disney Channel consisted of Even Steven , Thats so Raven , Phil of the Future. Not fricking talking fish and 11 year olds in high school.

Theres your answer. Disney Channel sucks because they had canceled the shows we grew up with. :.-.:

Disney ruin lives!

13. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I remember Even Steven. LOL, Shia LaBeouf was so funny xD

14. T3F Chaser

Just throwing this REALLY far out there but...nobody mentioned Recess?

The thing about Disney Channel is that its always coming up with new ideas to engage in its audience. That's what every network does. As a result, they have crappy shows which aren't funny and really would make Walt Disney shoot himself. Disney channel went downhill when Corey In the House came out, because that's when That's So Raven ended. By then, so had Lizzie McGuire and Phil of The Future-some of the main awesome shows that I grew up with. Now, I watched Hannah Montanna a few times, same with Wizards of Waverly Place, and they weren't all that bad. They were NO WHERE NEAR as good as the shows that I had grown up with though.

What they need is to bring back the old animated shows: Recess, Kim Possible, American Dragon etc etc and make a 'Kids Sitcom' that doesn't look at a teenage kid! That's how they're ruining their channel-they're constantly putting shows about the 'daily struggles of the teenager' and really nothing else. GET CREATIVE! I don't know if anyone remembers 'Pirate Island'? They need new styles-action, fantasy, hell-they could have some light-hearted crime, like Filmore! and stuff. The main problem with Disney is that they only do the shows that are like, "I'm a teenager and I have a secret that nobody knows, and if anyone knew...well...then thats a very bad thing..." ENOUGH with the teen stuff! That's what's letting them down! They're not getting out of this stupid little box and as a result nearly ALL of their shows are exactly the same!

/rant and two cents.

15. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

It was never entertaining. I can't comprehend the idea of anyone being entertained by That's So Raven, Boy Meets World, that Toon Disney junk, etc. I watched it for the classic Walt Disney cartoons, but I don't recall those being shown all that often (I remember "Quack Attack", but that's about it).
    Cartoon Network's the channel that's really gone to hell.

16. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

I agree and I am sorry for your brother to being raised with that crap he sees on TV.

17. Light-Rune Maven Seer

i agree with almost every comment. btw 2 those who don't like it the point of phineas in ferb getting away with everthing is a plot device to keep their sister coming up with new ways to try and bust them. not tell kids they can get away with watever they want. besides they dont even know they're doing anything wrong, and techinichally they arent. but thats beside the point. the point is that most of their "comedy" shows are actually funny. but as someone said, they lack creativity and as someone else said there should be more than just comedy in the first place. honestly i being a teenager hat the shows about the struggles of a teenager because they tell me that there is a problem with my life and that even though its going to be okay at the end of the day, there will be another problem when i wake up in the morning and ill never esccape them for real.... its kinda depressing. plus being dumb is one thing but theres always a character that is WAY TOO DUMB. the shows are funny... but they need to go back to the classics, realize that funny isnt the english word for stupid, and focus less on saying that your life will never be okay.

18. 61 No. B

RECESS
    I remember when I turned 10 it was a huge deal. Not because it was the big one-o, but because I was the age of those characters.

But yeah, this is kinda a topic that has been discussed to death, but I'm just going to say that a lot of us who loved Disney when we were young are now much older, and as we matured so did our tastes. So it's possible that we may have liked some of the shows that are on now.

That said, I still vehemently hate everything they have become.

I could say more, but I think I'll save myself the frustration of it all.

19. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I think all the good shows went to Disney DX. Kinda like how Nickelodeon shows went to Nick Toons. I don't watch Disney shows anymore. I use to when I was young.

20. Sara Tea Drinker

You do have to realize that for a long time and maybe even now. The Tween market is a HUGE moneymaker. Justin Bieber and Hanna Montana can spend the rest of their lives in complete luxury and then their children can and maybe grandchildren.

I did a report on the Tween industry for my college. The kids are the huge market right now and Tween's are the biggest. There's clothing stores that just appeal to that market and are booming. The kids have a ton of their parents money and are willing to buy anything they want with their parents buying them stuff if the kids can't afford it. It is going to change as the kids get older and the stars get older, it's probably happening already and that's why they're facing so many problems because the stars are growing older and the tweens are looking for new appeals that Disney doesn't offer.