Why Disney Channel is no longer entertaining

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Krowley, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

The main reason Disney got famous was due to their animations. Heck, the only Mickey mouse I've seen on Disney in a while is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. They don't have him on nearly as much as they should. Also, Disney seems to have a deep liking for sitcoms. Sitcoms are by no means bad but Disney doesn't need to have as many as they do on their channel. There are still some good shows on Disney though but most that I find to be good are shown on Disney XD. Disney has gone downhill imo.

2. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    The thing I can never understand is why things went downhill after the 90's for a lot of things. I'll say after KH2 came out things just weren't the way they should be. Now Disney which at times if I ever watch TV will change it to that channel, but now I'm disgusted by it. All those damn sitcoms which suck a lot to me. Some are ok, but they aren't like the old ones which is really annoying. The animation shows they have on are are scrap complete trash. If your only in it for the money then say goodbye to it because shows on now are money wasters complete epic money wasters.

3. Laurence_Fox Chaser

When I babysit my Niece one of the shows she wants to watch is Mickey's Clubhouse. I think she's a little young for me to introduce her to TRON. One day. And it just makes me all nostalgic because I grew up watching Mickey Mouse and all sorts of other Disney shows. I don't think I've watched Disney Channel for a long time because the programming is terrible and now I know that they're more concerned with making a profit than entertainment.

Capitalism at its finest.

And don't get me started on Disney XD. "Oh sure, we got a goldmine of a show here that will appeal to fans of all ages. Let's try it out at a primetime slot. Oh wait...it's doing good. But the fanbase is out of our target demographic. Let's move it to a Sunday Midnight timeslot. Nothing can go wrong there. *Some time later.* This show's doing terrible. CANCELLED."

4. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

When my sister watches Disney channel and I'm in the room, I'm like "NOOOOOOO" And like Xemnas kicks
    (Like in KH 3D before he gets Mickey by the neck.)
    the remote out of her hand and change the channel. The only Disney Channel shows we're allowed to watch is anything that came on after I was 7 (Phineas and Ferb and mystery falls or whatever doesn't count) I turn the PS3 On and search on youtube for like 'House Of Mouse' and stuff along those lines **COUGH** Love BraceFace also **COUGH** I'm not letting her watch all Ant Farm and all that 'cause it's not good for her young mind XD. I'll stick with like old stuff thank you very much.

5. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

This is just sad. I too have come to dislike Disney Channel because it's not entertaining anymore but I didn't know that this was the reason why.

6. Shuhbooty moon child

All I think about is how they only played Disney shows at night. Like the little mermaid, Arabian thrives (something about alladin) and lilo and stitch and other shows like gargoyles. I watched Disney for these shows (and Kim possible) but once the animated shows stopped airing I hated Disney.

7. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Yeah, now I just watch Phineas and Ferb when it's my call.

8. Cherry Berry Chaser

It is actually such a royal shame that Disney has gone downhill since the 90's. Not all shows are as bad as some make it out to be, but I do agree when people say that Disney has gone too far astray from its roots. Disney channel (as well as the company itself) has in essence, gradually turned from a channel and a place dedicated to entertainment and being that place where they can say dreams CAN come true, to just being a mere cash cow in the business industry.

I would say that Walter would be writhing in his grave, but considering how he's been cremated (contrary to popular belief that he was "frozen", as it were... I have no idea what kind of term to use to explain Walt's reaction to this.

9. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah, that is true. But you know what was also a decent Disney Channel show in opinion?!?!? "Good Luck, Charlie!!" I loved that show.