Re:Coded Why do people hate this game?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Mama-mia, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Mama-mia Merlin's Housekeeper

I mean yeah, there's no plot, and the production value's not that great, but it's still pretty fun. I actually had more fun with this than 358/2 Days.

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I'm also in the small category of people who prefer Coded over Days. For one thing, Days seemed like the story was everywhere and had no focus. Coded, while the plot was weak, did have much more focus. Days also seemed like to trail too long, and have missions that just seemed to make the game feel boring. Some people also don't like the cut scenes in Coded, the fact that they were stills of characters instead of the ones in Days. I actually liked Coded's style over Days; in Days, they looked more like scary dolls than actual characters.

My best guess is why people like Days over Coded is basically the cast of characters. It's Organization XIII that gets all the fans squeeing like crazy these days. I mean, if the Organization wasn't as big as it was today, would Axel really be back in 3D?

3. Krowley Moderator

Days can only be truly enjoyed with local multiplayer.
    While the story keeps you busy, the quick play features of missions gets boring without people to play with.
    Coded features more of what the Original KH offered with some tweaking to the battle/equip system. Considering the original Coded was on a phone, I'd say they did a pretty good job with it.
    I still prefer them both over V-Cast.

4. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

People don't necessarily hate the game. I liked it somewhat, anyway. The original coded, was on a mobile, like Krowley said, so I think they did a pretty good job converting it over to DS. I found Days missions to be repetitive and boring in places, but I still prefer Days over Coded since Days struck an emotional core with me. Coded was unable to do that for me, I think Nomura tried to put in some cut scenes/battles that were meant to stir up at least some feelings? Such as the data Riku battle in HB. I think People just dislike the plot of Coded, it was needed, in my view. Without it Sora wouldn't have understood who needed need his help[maybe] and King Mickey's letter at the end of KHII wouldn't have been explained clearly. I think some people dislike the Battle system in Coded too. I found it to be annoying.

5. Willis Traverse Town Homebody

I always thought tbe storyline was pointless, but now i kinda agree with you, Korosu.

And the battle system made me cry. :/

6. Zer0-Vestige Merlin's Housekeeper

But some people don't get the story because they just play for the gameplay, without 358/2 days and coded, there couldn't been no plot. And I like coded battle system better

7. Llave Superless Moderator

I wouldn't say I hated Re:Coded, as much as it was a disappointment and a regurgitation of previous elements.

There were some things I enjoyed about it, such as the fighting system and the final explanation of Sora's Heartless. That was pretty cool.

But it wasn't "essential" to the series. We really wouldn't miss much if this game wasn't made. Much of the main points of it could have been easily and briefly explained in another game without messing anything up.

8. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

At the moment it would appear that way. but isn't it possible that it will become more relevant as new games are released and the story progresses? If i remember right, people said Xion was pointless too before Coded came out and we found out a little more about 3D.

9. awesomeperson Destiny Islands Resident

my cousin hates the series he'd probably say its for babies and my friend doesn't like it too much.

10. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

Wait..what? I have no idea how that really relates to Coded. o-o It seems more of a general KH thing. o_O

Anyways, I liked Coded too. (or at least Re:Coded). I hated the magic system of 358/2 and Coded seemed to just go back to the older mana system and sent it to the DS. Story was OK. It progressed the story a bit.

I guess I just liked this game cause it was another KH game for the DS with the right battle mechanics. And the little extra gameplays were pretty fun.

11. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

People hate this game? I kept reading comments like "This is so much better then Days" and stuff like that. Weird. I don't hate it in anyway, I actually liked Coded and 358/2 Days equally for the unique things they bring.

12. Llave Superless Moderator

The whole point of the game was to de-bug the journal and figure out who Naminé was so Sora could thank her. Even though it did kind of make some cool connections with all the people Sora helped and needs to save, it could have been briefly explained.

The game was fun, don't get me wrong. Just not the most thrilling and creative one in the series.

13. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

It was fun... but still there were too much playing for a minimal new videos..
    Storywise it was lame, but when I had no KH to play it was a good distraction.

14. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

I don't hate Re:Coded, I even found it kinda fun in it's own way. The story wasn't anything big, but the gameplay was alright. My opinion is that it's really just something on the side not crucial to the series, I mean, it was originally just something for the phone. But fun nonetheless :D

15. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

It was OK. It was fun, but I didn't really like the story line all too much.

16. libregkd -

17. VenitasX Merlin's Housekeeper

I hate this game with a burning passion because the gameplay was very boring and it only offered one piece of information to the entire Kingdom Hearts story. They couda just put that in another game or just released it to the public. Not make a crap game to go around it. I used to hate 358 days, but now coded has made me appreciate 358 days. It also couldve been that i was tired of playing games as the same kid sora with the same clothes. I have only seen the home screen of that game 1 time. I started it, beat it over a weeks time and put it back in its case and never took it out again. Worst job square has ever done.

18. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Personally, never having played the game, I can't really give a fair opinion on the game. But from what I've seen on youtube, the game looks pretty monotonous, and I'm not overly impressed by the battle system of them. To be honest it looks pretty tedious. And if you have an RPG, you at least want to make the battle system of it decent and enjoyable to go through, considering most of the game is spent in battles (for most RPGs)

Not that Days wasn't bad either, but I think it would be easier for KH Fans to get into Days rather than Coded. Days just feels a bit more familiar, regardless of it being repetitive as hell.

19. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Personally, I rather like it. The system of gaining commands is a bit annoying though. And yes, while the game does repeat the levels a lot, each subsequent playthrough of them is shorter than the previous, unless you take your time to get everything.

20. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

The game was OK. but it was difficult to complete some of the bugs.
    Plus some of the difficult enemies were annoying.
    But the plot was good, I did enjoy Jiminy's side of the story.