Re:Coded Why do people hate this game?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Mama-mia, Apr 5, 2012.

1. larxenex Merlin's Housekeeper

What? People hate this game?! I loved this game when I first played it after I completed 358/2 Days. I think the reason why people probably hate this game is because they like Roxas more than Sora.

2. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

Hm ?? Nahh. That's not why. A lot of people just get bored with the pointlessness of it. It's more of just a fun game to play than an actual piece to the KH puzzle. People were more disappointed than hateful.

Basically,
    Days explains a lot
    Coded is more fun
    Days has a more important plot
    Coded is almost pointless to the story and is more of an enjoyable puzzle game

3. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

The main problem with Coded is that it's gameplay felt way too much like 358/2 Days (which didn't work before) and BBS, they just didn't go together. And all of the worlds are really just rehashes from past KH games, this is one of the problems I've also had with Days, I've already seen these worlds! Sure, the layout and design might be different, but I want something different. See this is what Birth By Sleep did right, the worlds were new, original and fun. There is nothing wrong with using worlds from last games, but if you have to use every single world that you used last time, that's just plain lazy. The story adds nothing important to the series, unlike BBS which added ALOT to the story, so what have we found out from Coded? Go on tell me, oh, they've located Ven's heart? Woopie, anything else? Oh Mickey was at the same locations as Sora was during KH1? Ok, who cares? Oh sweet! Now everyone knows who Namine is!........who cares, what dose this add? You see what I mean? I honestly can't think of anything I could say I liked about Coded, game wise as a game I guess its not bad, but as a Kingdom Hearts game to me, its just plain terrible.

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Coded was an unessessary return to the KH1 Plot. Using old worlds is ok, but I swear, the rate the Square uses them is tedious.

The gameplay was awful, and this game was just pointless. So what if we found Ven's heart? We know where it is, we don't need to see Mickey and Yen Sid disscuss what we know. If it had been completely new info, I'd understand, but right now, until the KH Series deliberates and adds more, KH Coded is pointless.

5. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I think it's because of the different gameplay and the useless story in the game. Personally I don't see anything wrong with the game as long as it is Kingdom Hearts I would love it so far no kingdom hearts game has ever disappointed me

6. Labrys King's Apprentice

I didn't think Coded nor Days was a bad game. They both are important in their own ways. In fact, they are kinda the same thing, because both of those games were made to bring one message:

No matter who or what you are, you'll still have a heart that's not artificially made.

7. Hilary Merlin's Housekeeper

Honestly I love this game..its a little irritating at times..i am stuck on that stupid dragon part..but all in all the game is pretty good for passing time and such..I love it and its story is pretty cool

8. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

Why do people hate this game?
    Two reasons mainly.
    1. It's lesser plot compared to the other kh games. It is still important to the story however.
    2. KH1 worlds again. Even though completely new things are added people are sick of these worlds oddly.

Personally I really like the game and don't understand why it gets as much hate as it does. At least it isn't repetitive like Days.

9. Light-Rune Maven Seer

I don't know why people hate it. It doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I know that people are starting to think of videogames as Art and they are not wrong, but if they are going to let that bring up extreme criticism like "It's repetitive" and "The story has little purpose" they need to rethink their approach. In real art, the prior would be a positive notion because of a constant aesthetic.
    + I LOVE the gameplay. Crossing the panels in 358/2 days with the sphere grid from FFX was genius!
    It's probably just people trying to hard to find reasons to criticize something which in response raises stress levels giving them reasons to complain. I am sorry if that seems rude, but people ARE going a bit too far to just criticize a video games playability value based on it's story; the skip button was invented for a reason. As for the repeated worlds: They should lighten up a bit. It's a spin-off, not meant as part of the main story. Therefore: it is expected to come out faster. Taking time to make new worlds for a spin-off seems a little time consuming in that aspect. Anyway, make of this observation what you will.

10. CrownMoksha Decimo

I can see how people would think that this game was pointless since there wasn't much it related to in the grand plot of kingdom hearts aside from explaining mickey's letter at the end of KH2. As for gameplay there were many things that I like. Olympus literal rpg fighting was fun. Though the fact that Roxas was the true final boss after all the work you do to get to Sora's heartless was pointless in a way.

11. Hilary Merlin's Housekeeper

I dont get why so many people seem to hate all the games that are not ps2 based...i mean i have seen so many not just hate on this one but dream drop as well..and Dream drop was amazing!! so is days

12. Cloud.Strife. Traverse Town Homebody

It's like, a mixture of Kingdom Hearts I worlds, Days gameplay, and not much of a storyline. I personally really liked re:coded, but Days is also my favorite out of the series. >.< While playing, I felt more pressured to get every chip than to proceed the storyline.

13. Hilary Merlin's Housekeeper

speaking of recoded..anyone else have issues with malificent the dragon? I mean serriously

14. Light-Rune Maven Seer

It might help to see if you could nab an Aero Shield before facing her.

15. ShibuyaGato Transformation

It's not necessarily that people hated Re:Coded. It's already been said that the repetition of worlds got to be a real test of patience, but it was also just more of the same. Same worlds from past entries, same passable graphics as Days, same battle system as Birth by Sleep, etc.

In the end it all boils down to the question of whether or not it's relevant to the overall story of the series (though 3D reassured everyone that there is at least some significance to the game's events). People are getting very tired of pointless spinoffs, especially from Square, and I feel like that may have been why everyone found a reason to dislike it.

16. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

I didn't really like this game and I didn't get the point of it

17. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

Hate it? Nah.

It just doesn't affect or advance the plot in any meaningful way. It's unadulterated padding.

Does that make it a bad game? No, it's a fun KH game to play when you're bored but if you're looking for story prepare to be disappointed.

18. 61 No. B

I don't hate it, but I don't like it. Everything about the game seems redundant and it doesn't have to be, it could have been written better but it wasn't. If it had a story that was more its own I wouldn't have a problem with having to 100% it, but because it's not I feel like I'm wasting time playing something that is irrelevant that's not.

19. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

The game is great in my opinion, but the story is terrible and some of the bugs are pretty hard...

20. Nowaki Destiny Islands Resident

So I just finished the game yesterday and I really like how it ended.
    The final boss was a very sad battle,
    Maybe because it was Roxas...

But the whole game was a waste when it comes to the story except of the last part
    where Naminé explains the whole connection-thing in Soras Heart and the part with Micky and so on

But in the end, I could explain the whole important storyline of re:coded within 2 minutes without letting anything out.
    I think that's why people hate this game, it's kinda useless for the whole storyline of KH.