Kingdom Hearts Why Does the Wooden Sword Suck?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by A Zebra, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Sora probably just got stronger Physically, mentally, and emotionally. Which is why he can cause VERY MINOR damage to the Heartless. The Wooden Sword is the Weakest weapon ever in the KH Series.

2. Daydreamer

When Sora is given a wooden sword to fight Heartless I believe is one of the more memorable parts of the series. Not enough storytelling is done through gameplay and I appreciated this detail with the sword very much.

3. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, let's face it, it's a wooden sword, it's made out of ordinary wood so it does very LITTLE damage.

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Perhaps it's also to emphasise the great power of the keyblade, I mean, other characters also have weapons but they also could be used as a contrast to Sora's weapon as none of them are really as strong as Sora. If they are then they don't use them that much in game (like Cloud and Sephiroth). It could also just show that normal things can't do much damage, you need something more than just strength.

I mean, it could also just be a symbol of how he's grown since he uses the sword on destiny Islands, so it links the game back to that and although he has grown a lot in strength and power over the game he is still a boy whose childhood played an important role in his life as it brought him great friends.

5. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

In my mind Keyblades are more special than powerfull.. is not like it is the ultimate weapon (this is ultima XD) , is only that other weapons don't function like it..
    You can open every lock, you can open and close keyholes (from worlds), and even take people's hearts and move at you will... this is the main difference of the keyblade, that's why only the keyblade "kills heartless" other weapons may make them disaper but they will be back some time latter, the heartless struck down by the Keyblade either come back being human, or get their heart trapped at "The kingdom Hearts made from people's hearts".

But as Sora made his heart stronger, the Keyblade itself must be more powerfull than before (another thing that doesnt happen to normal weapons).