why is kairi soo hated?!?! O.o

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by SoraxGarnet, Nov 22, 2008.

?

what do you guys think

Poll closed Dec 12, 2008.
  1. I Hate Her

11.7%
  2. She was an Alright Character

73.4%
  3. Didnt appeal to me

18.1%
  4. Kairi dies cause sora belongs with riku...

8.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

I like Namine, but i don't hate her because she actually has a personality, insteed of being the "loved" like thing that kairi is.

(down with kairi)​

2. SoraxGarnet Destiny Islands Resident

so far..ONLY ONE POST WAS GOOD ENOUGH..towards the HATED kairi..the whole damsel in distress thing..you have to understand...DISNEY HELPED MAKE THE GAME..so kairi had to be that way

3. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

It's disney's fault?!

WHY, DISNEY?! WHY?1 I trusted you to make the game EPIC. Not to kill my braincells with Kairi...

jk, kairi's okay for someone who doesn't really exist. :D​

4. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

No, it is not Disney's fault. She is not anyway affilicated with Disney. The company just have an license with Square-Enix if anything. They dont' own her character Square-Enix does as they decide of what happens to their characters depending on the directors, writers etc.

5. Panda Face Gummi Ship Junkie

That's understandable.
    So-- if I wanted to kill off kairi in the game, i'd have to pay off square-enix? :D​

6. FallenTsuki Merlin's Housekeeper

I think its because she's considered weak but personally I like her not love her but I do love her dress and hair xp She needs some more development than she wouldn't be considered useless and just sora's future gf..possibly wife =D

7. Missingheart Destiny Islands Resident

I'm not really interested in Kairi. All she does is get:
    A)Left behind
    B)Captured

I liked her in KH-1. But in KH-2 she should have made a bigger role in the game, rather than get captured again. The fun dies out of it.

8. Brisk Banned

Kairi is a flexible character. I'll admit that she is not as well developed as the other characters, but I get that vibe from everyone in the series.

Sora is a basic protaganist - despite what he faces, he seems to barely change throughout the series. Most of his interactions are with Disney plots that seem to gravitate towards Sora being a happy-go-lucky kid who charges in to everything he does. At no point in the story was this any different. If anything, the manga is what gives him a bit of personality. The game does not do him justice.

Riku is also like Sora and Kairi - he is somewhat mysterious like all "villains" and ultimately becomes a "hero." Between these two events there is barely any development of Riku beyond what we see between him, Sora, and Kairi on Destiny Islands. By the end of Kingdom Hearts II the only thing that seems to have changed is the length of his hair.

Kairi is just like these two, so I see no reason why she should be hated for not being as 'important' simply because we don't see her on the screen as much. Screen time should mean nothing, but rather the thickness of the development of characters, and none of them really succeed in this.

9. Akema_AK Destiny Islands Resident

kairi had a big role i think because w/o her sora and riku probably wouldn't have thought about leaving destiny islands they might of just chilled and then the door opens and riku gets chosen and sora dies with his wooden sword. See kairi was needed and hopefully in kh3 she actually does something other than make things possible.

10. mckenzie-mudkip Moogle Assistant

I love Kairi.
    I think she's cute, and is a really nice character.

Also, I like RikuxSora.
    So, that has nothing to do with ANYTHING.
    I also like SoraxKairi.
    But, people that like BoyxBoy/GirlxGirl pairings shouldn't automatically be labeled as 'idiots'.

I've ran into plenty of het shippers that are dumber then a sack of potatos, and are crazy for their "mary sue"'s or whatever.

So, again, the "yaoi" has nothing to do with it.​

11. Missingheart Destiny Islands Resident

I don't label yaoi/yuri fans as idiots. I just dislike it. I'm not a fan of these thing. If you are, so what?

Not meant to be nasty...just my way of saying, I have my likes/dislikes and you have yours.​

12. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

I think Kairi's character has a lot of potential. She is among my favorites, mostly because of how sweet and passionate she can be. I don't understand the hating, either, especially the use of the word "whore", etc. She never did anything to suggest she was promiscuous, nor did she do anything mean-spirited to anybody. I also don't see her as a Sue, which is why some people apparently hate her, but that's a different issue. My problem is that Square Enix has not done enough with her at all. She's the main female protaganist, so why aren't they using her for more? Why aren't they getting her to fight alongside Sora and actually do something other than get captured? If she has more of a fighting type of role in Kingdom Hearts III, I'll be satisfied.

13. SoraxGarnet Destiny Islands Resident

I agree with you 100% what kind of female protagonist lead does nothing? namine wasent and will never be the main character..so NO ONE SHOULD SAY THAT..i wished that sora did take kairi instead of leaving her to wait..i hope and wish she will have a better part in kh3 ^ ^
    also about the whore..people dont know what they are saying..whores are girls who sleep with several men and who are easy..THIS IS KINGDOM HEARTS PEOPLE..so quit calling her that..she wasent even close to show those type of feelings. so jump off it hater..to reply to what you said though..they call her a whore due to her looks and that is it

i think you misunderstood me..since disney was affiliated with Sqaure enix..they had to make kairi into that weak princess..like all of the other princessess...she had to fit the character thats why!!!

14. Alphonsefanatic Traverse Town Homebody

Um...I just hate the useless character stereotype she somewhat promotes. Not that much though. At the end of KH II she fought a little bit. Of course sora's gonna do alot of the work, he's the main character.
    I might not personally fully hate her, but I might slightly dislike her. Riku seems older than the other two even in the first KH game. I think Sora and Kairi=12 Riku=13 or 15. Thus, riku wouldn't be interested and thus not a whore.
    I hate when characters are hated with no substance to back up the arguement as well.

15. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

Kairi and Sora were 14 in the first game, and Riku was 15. It is true that both boys had a crush on her at one point, but having two boys like you at the same time is certainly not code for whore. If it is, then I'm friends with several whores. XD

16. Alphonsefanatic Traverse Town Homebody

And thighs are just occorring to you to be ****ty? Slow much...you're kinda behind in the times. Now it's only skimpily dressed so thatv barely aqnything is cvovered. You are in the year 1953 or earlier. N offense, I just thought that needed comment.
    Whenever I make a female character that wears a skirt it's to the knees. Thar's my policy, but most of the time my female characters just kick everyone's a**.

I'm not trying to belittle anyone. Kairi doesn't suck **** then fall in love because of that(like someone I know in the real world). Kairi is just average teenage girl that is not sexually active and has one crush and it was from being friends.
    Kairi is okay.

17. Near Gummi Ship Junkie

Kairi isn't really worth hating. She's practically a Disney princess, and guess what? Most Disney princesses tend to be the damsel in distress.

18. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Ok, a lot of stuff happening behind the scenes.

Kairi is awesome. She's a Princess of Light that stands out as being more special. She can wield a Keyblade!
    So what if she gets captured? All the Princesses of Light do. I don't see anyone hating Jasmine because she must be rescued.

As for her being anything close to a "whore", no arguments seem to make sense. Her clothes? What's so wrong with them? And remember she's a video game character ; she doesn't pick her own clothes :)

There is a problem, however, and it's how she seems to have been "thrown" into the second game. Even knowing that she was in danger, it didn't make me more interested in finishing the game. They could've added a bit more importance to her.

And when they REALLY messed up, it's when she reunites with Sora. He doesn't seem to even care about her. But he cries when finding Riku.
    And thus were born countless slash fictions. Way to go Squeenix.

So, to sum things up, Square wasted a lot of potential with Kairi, but the character itself is very cool. Think of who she is, and you realize she's much more original than at first glance.

19. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

??? how was she annoying and stuck up...i never once saw her being stuck up or annoying....or as someone else said in the way...she was just...there...shes just the love interest that every story needs.

20. Sora_Gaiden Traverse Town Homebody

One of the most annoying mary sues of all time. She has NO personality at all, and she gets kidnapped all the time, so Sora and Riku can follow.