Kingdom Hearts II Why KH2FMHD sucks and dissapointed me, a pro KH player.

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by CursedKeyblade1, Jan 24, 2015.

1. CursedKeyblade1 Destiny Islands Resident

Alright I am about to rant about the port of KH2FM.

Disclaimer *I can tell you all, I LOVE KH2FM it IS my favorite game of all time but 2.5 HD, what a crap piece of dukey rolling down a hill, it's a half assed port. Disclaimer*

Here is why:

No data install for load times, so you pretty much are near forced to pause every time you want to drive form just so that your staggered enemy can't have ample time to recover

No Reset button for some fights, such as Axel 1, the Alley fights, The Roxas fight, and ESPECIALLY Data Final Xemnas. No excuse.

No ingame soft reset on controller.

They for some reason REBUFFED duck flare in English while they did not in JP

Load times in English are longer

Vexen Data is glitched to a point that he is almost impossible to kill now without using magic on LV1 (his snowflakes disappear while in the original game they did not, and the disappearing snow flakes can OHKO you and there is no way to see them, fair attack, right?)

Final Xemnas Data and his normal final boss form is glitched, half of his RC's are broken

Now let's compare to 1.5 HD:

Cutscene skip throughout the entire game except for 3 scenes.

RC commands

Summons moved to 4th slot on command menu

Sure, the game is known to soft lock. But the glitches in 1.5 HD are useless and aren't harmful.

However, the damage storage glitch is a AMAZING glitch. It is SUPER helpful for cheesing many bosses with summons.

Try and respond to me, but you can't deny all of that isn't true about 2.5 HD. I expected so much more in the entire year they had to make this game.

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I really don't have any problem with your opinions because that's how opinions work? But I do have a problem with a claim of yours and your audacity in this entire post.

>Probably may have seen [my KH1.5 runs]
    >'Professional' player

PFFFF GET OUTTA HERE WITH YOUR SIXTY-FIVE VIEWS ON A VIDEO. Most of the AMVs around here have gotten more notice. Sorry, but you're no bl00dybizkitz, who has in fact demolished the Vexen fight you're talking about while running the many categories of KHII/II.5FM speedruns. Get better and get practicing is all I can say, because there's plenty of excuse design wise- like you need to be punished when you mess up because that's how games work.

Also, a lot of your... let's say critiques because I'mma be nice are tech issues.... one of them being that a modern day game on a modern machine with new music and a huge graphical boost on a bigger disc format takes longer to load? I get that you're implying that it's more efficient to speedrun a PS2 copy because of less loading but that's... not something that the majority of people who buy a game care about. At all, in fact- and the longer loading is entirely justified (if even true, I don't care to fact check you)

You also contrast KHII.5FM with KH1.5FM and say that it's a better port because it added QTEs and cutscene skips...... Not exactly fair to KHII, which mastered those in 2005? It can't exactly add those.. because it had them.

Basically-

>TRY AND RESPOND TO ME BUT YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT
    >Responded to the full extent of my sanity to show you're on here with an attitude problem and building yourself up with titles you haven't earned.

Go calm down and try to have a discussion about this rather than bitch and moan

3. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

idk mann, kh2fm was pretty poop
    i mean
    damn
    critical mode, yo

4. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

I agree with @DigitalAtlas here. Beside sounding awfully big for your britches (Does this automatically make me turn 50 if I use this phrase?), I don't have much pity for people who look to any medium with apparently high expectations, and then whine when they tend to just disappoint themselves. If you know what you're looking for, or don't go in with heaps of expectations in a game you had no part in designing, then you'll find you enjoy it more. That goes for games, movies, shows, ecetera ecetera ecetera.

I have never played Half Life. You know what I hear about all the time? You know what we all hear about all the time. Gaben can't count to 3. There's such ridiculously high expectations for that game that they just can't really even dare. The gaming community of today is summed up in what you define as a rant. They're incessant. They ramble. They don't have to be reasonable. I watched your review of Magicbands. It's not hard to reach a logical, economical conclusion as to why you have to buy your own. Yet, you present it as a raw deal. It's a raw deal if, with KH II.5, you can compile enough oversights- so thin that they're anorexic- to label it a "half-assed port".

I can't judge you on the views. I've only just started exploring my options on YouTube, and it is a hard market. Something you have to realize though: a piece of media can be viewed by millions of people, and there's still billions who haven't; and within that group of millions, there's a half-million at least who don't even register who made it or with what in mind when they did. Especially in the modern age, where it's more common place to criticize rather than analyze.

I just gotta say. Chill, man. You're a good player, I can see that, but the world's full of gamer-misanthropes as it is. Why not embrace a challenge you can't control? You take on the Lvl 1 challenge pretty well. What did you like about KH II.5?

5. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I don't know

personally

I thought this game was pretty good.

Another thing to note is that a game being 100% perfect

in terms of being glitch free as well as

having no flaws in the design is pretty much an impossible request.

Square didn't have to

make

this game, but I am grateful that they did, especially considering kh2 is easily one of my favorite games of all

time.

ALSO PLS TEACH ME YOUR WAYS OF THE PROFESSIONAL KH PLAYER, I AM A MERE SCRUB

6. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Hmm I would say they did a very good job on 2.5. Especially as for years we were all resigned to the Final Mixes never seeing the light of day outside of Japan. It's a shame it disappointed you though, but I doubt they 'half assed' any part of the game. It's obviously made with a lot of love and devotion. Are there some bits that could have been better? That's up to everyone's own opinion but if they could have been, I don't think it's due to lack of effort on Squares part.

But what is this Damage storage glitch? Sounds very interesting :)

7. KHOmega Destiny Islands Resident

(Click the Spoiler to read my responses as it is very long and I wouldn't want to flood the boards :p)
    Since it is stored on a BluRay disc, it takes longer for the PS3 Drive to read it, thus increasing load times.
    Well, there was no reset button in the original version of Kingdom Hearts II, and it's original Final Mix version. I guess they kept it because it wasn't much of a need for them. Just gotta make sure you beat them :p
    Wasn't in the original as well, as you already know. Just wasn't a need probably.
    Proof? I haven't heard of this, or maybe I'm just slow on things :p
    Definitely have never heard of this.
    That's just basic strat, defeating him on a different level other than level 1 is going to be much more different.
    It has a short input window. That was in all versions of the games.

The game really is just KHIIFM emulated on the PS3, translated. The only major changes were some scenes due to censorship, move names, and overall quality. I personally enjoyed it and finished my LV.1 CM Playthrough a few weeks ago and it was worth every penny. If this game were to be released digitally, load times and such would be faster, and pause buffering for drive forms would be virtually non-existent.

8. SoratheFallen Merlin's Housekeeper

Then don't play it at level 1. Critical Mode is actually really easy once you know all the tricks to beating those hard bosses. I played it at level 1 and did those no damage runs, so of course it's going to be harder for me. If you need help, just PM me and I'll be more then glad to help :)[DOUBLEPOST=1427753997][/DOUBLEPOST]Now, to the thread itself! I think they did really well for the most part, so I don't know what you're smoking, but I want some xD

9. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Well you missed my point, lol.

10. SoratheFallen Merlin's Housekeeper

So, what point were you trying to make?

11. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

wrong. textures and GUI have been uprized and have detail added to them. UI scaled to 16:9 widescreen. plus music and translation.

12. KHOmega Destiny Islands Resident

Well but of course, but you can't deny that it is the overall same PS2 game.

13. kingdomhearts123 Traverse Town Homebody

I may be a little late to the party but I just wanted to say that you can't really hate on a game that the person who did make worked so hard on to get this version made in the US. If you ask me, he could of made Final Mix strictly for Japan and not even bothered making one for the states (although it did take awhile). I personally love the final mix's and was happy/stoked as all hell to find out about them. I always wanted to play BBS but never had a PSP when it came out.

Therefore, this post was a bit much, but we all have our opinions. But I may just be saying what others have posted. Just a bit useless to make a long post about a game you personally had no part in developing. And pro player? Define to me a pro player? I think KH is a game you can play over and over again and just love playing it, I don't think there are brackets of how good of a player you are. You either play on Standard, move up to proud/critical and master it, you don't get paid for playing it, so honestly how can it be "pro" playing.

I may be saying stuff people might disagree with but that's just how I feel about this opinion.

14. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

??? its a remaster. Not remake dude.