Kingdom Hearts II Why would the Organization order Axel to kill Roxas?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Lea, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Lea Moogle Assistant

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but it randomly occurred to me earlier:
    Xemnas ordering Axel to destroy Roxas...makes absolutely no sense.

It's heavily implied (outright stated) that without Roxas, Sora can never wake up (thus why it's "ok" if Xion erases Roxas in Days (I think)). But...if Roxas is dead and Sora can never wake up, there are no Keyblade wielders out collecting hearts to complete Kingdom Hearts for the Organization.

So why would they erase Roxas? I mean, yeah, he betrayed them and whatnot, but he's still pretty much the only chance they have at completing Kingdom Hearts. Unless of course there's some random backup plan that we don't know about...

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I believe the explicit order was for his retrieval, wasn't it? Despite what Axel may have said. "Get on their bad side and they'll destroy you" rang perfectly true for him, as evidenced later, so he may have just assumed it held for Roxas. Other than that, it doesn't really matter how useful someone is if they're hellbent on killing you; Xemnas probably weighed the options and decided he'd rather be Keyblade-less than have to deal with one of Roxas or Sora. Since the latter proved to be his downfall, it was probably the smart bet.

3. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

If Roxas couldn't be brought back then he could have evolved into a threat because of the master plan of DiZ (Darkness in Zero or Count Dooku) which was basically Sora + Roxas = SUPER SORA

4. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Or maybe Xemnas is actually a Keyblade wielder and he figured he might as well take matters into his own hands.

5. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

I think that he was trying to bring Sora back because he at this point would prove to be a better witless pawn than Roxas would at this point, I think he knew he would overpower Axel as well.

6. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

If that's the case then why send Axel at all? It think it's better to assume that Xemnas was finding a way where he would not be destroyed in the end.

7. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

It would be to speed up DiZ's plan to get Sora to revive quicker, how else to get a desired reaction then to apply the proper stimulants to get your desired results.
    Edit: also Xemnas was overconfident in his abilities, but not by much.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  8. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

You do have a point there, and seeing as how nothing was lost by sending Axel it could work that way.

9. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Damn right. Just being a jerk who got it right not trying to offend anyone.