News Windows 10

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Karuta, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Karuta Reborn

So for the people that already upgraded, what are your thoughts so far? I spent almost a week trying to upgrade, and after finally getting it to work, I'm pretty happy with it!

Pros:
    The desktop switcher is amazing. I've been waiting so long for an elegant solution to multi-desktops without using 3rd party software and I'm pretty happy with this.

All the Windows 8 bloat removed! No more fullscreen start menu or hot-corner BS, just a nice clean desktop experience.

Seperate tablet and desktop modes. This speaks for itself. I have no idea why MS didn't just do this from the start.

Wayyyy better file search. It's so much faster!

Notification center. Very handy toggles.

Cons:
    Two control panels for some reason? Different preferences seem to be split between them. Don't really get it.

No more "different wallpaper on each monitor". 8.1 let you do this natively, don't get why they removed it.

Can't pin items to standard start menu? I can only pin them as tiles, not as regular list items.

2. Misty gimme kiss

Whaaa why

I'm still waiting for the update to come my way (may just buckle down and download it manually). Has anyone on here had issues with the upgrade as far as settings/files go? Or seen anything about it online? I know I should have some sort of backup solution, but I don't and I'm paranoid about upgrading until I do...

3. Karuta Reborn

I had a lot of issues with the upgrade in general, lol.

I ended up just re-upgrading to 8.1, which did the trick.

4. libregkd -

5. Arch Mana Knight

Upgraded to 10 and I've had no issues whatsoever. One of the biggest pluses nobody seems to be talking about is the replacement of the annoying bleep that happens when you backspace too far and have nothing left to delete. It's almost soothing now. Almost.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I never seemed to have that issue. Maybe I disabled it, i dunno.

I personally have two issues with it that I can't seem to turn off. 1) The annoying notifications that appear on the side of the screen with that annoying beep, which I can't seem to turn off. I hate that beep, I'm not listening to that all the time. 2) That search bar on the bottom of the screen. That's ugly, and I need to figure out if I can't get rid of it.

Past those, I haven't had much issues. Had to reset my default browser to chrome and turn off a few settings that it set up as a default, but that's it, only took me 3 minutes to go through it. Though for some reason it doesn't seem to have my AMD files from before, so I might have to re-install those so I have a decent movie player to use

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

Upgraded a few days ago. I like it a lot, it was pretty much completely painless and everything transferred over smoothly. I like that the apps have their own windows that don't go full screen anymore, and that the transition to tablet mode is pretty seamless (still luv u tho Win 8 <3). The virtual desktop feature is amazing, and I'm so glad they finally implemented a native method of doing that. Edge is pretty bare bones for now, but it's quick and definitely a much needed step up and way from IE. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it.

If you right click the toolbar & go to the 'Search' option, you'll be able to either hide it completely or turn it into a small icon.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Oh thank you very much for telling me this

9. Arch Mana Knight

I've found a few extra little problems I've had. Using Hibernate forced my display setting to change and I could not find "Sleep" as an option anywhere. And then I found that I needed to update my driver for my graphics card. Sleep showed up with no issues.

On thing I haven't been able to solve is my inability to quit Skype. No, not like an addiction. I can't get Skype to close unless I use ctrl+alt+del and force it to close from there. Not really an issue since I have lots of RAM but it's there. Weird.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

That's weird. Have you gone through Skype's settings to make sure it doesn't turn on every time you turn on your computer? Plus, for some reason, the only way to actually close the program I've found when it's up is right-clicking the icon on the bottom of the screen and clicking "Quit Skype". That should cancel the program completely.

I myself haven't messed with Hibernate, I just chose not to worry about that and turn it off, plus I put sleep on "1 hour" so it doesn't go off on me while watching longer shows.

11. Superior of the InBetween Merlin's Housekeeper

Sadly, all I can do is complain when it comes to Windows 10. I didn't get the chance to have a positive experience it, considering the only thing I could do was open Google Chrome and turn off the computer. Literally, that's all I could do. Had to force it into safe mode to revert back to Windows 8.1. Oh boy. I really hope the bugs towards my laptop are fixed soon, I hear some good things about Windows 10!

12. Sara Tea Drinker

There are some bugs that need to be ironed out for me, too... The mouse is VERY sensitive for me, too much in my opinion. The Ctrl key seems to have a mind of it's own once in a while, too...

But overall I really like it... Especially since I can make easy adjustments to fit to my liking. Which was the biggest pain in the ass when it came to Windows 8 and for 10 days I was pulling my hair out trying to make it work. This is MUCH smoother in my opinion.

13. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

For now it seems like a new theme for Windows 7, didn't notice any major difference even my facebook didn't log out when I upgraded, what is nice, but I was actually wanting to format my pc.

14. Sara Tea Drinker

Firefox seems to have a bit of an issue with W10, too... It's MUCH slower to process my typing words to the point where I get spelling errors because it can't process what I'm typing fast enough. Also the Flash player is REALLY screwed up with it.