Windows Media Player not opening

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Cin, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Yeah title basically explains it. I'll download a video and the program won't open automatically like it usually does, I'll click ont eh desktop icon and it won't open, I'll go to the file location in my computer and I get the same "Lol no wai fuk u" response from it.

No idea what the problem is, though my trend pc cillin or whatever that pre-installed virus protection was on this computer detected it's first virus yesterday(Good dog), and deleted some unknown part of some unknown program. With my luck it was some essential needed for WMV.

Can anyone think what the problem might be? I'd rather not go through the trouble of uninstalling and re-installing, considering the program costs money normally.

2. Destined Working for WDW

If the video doesn't work, then it probably means that it's a file that isn't supported by WMP. do you have the newest version? If Yes, then i'd ask is the format meg4, cause if so then you need quicktime. If you don't have the newest....i believe if you just go to the main page you can upload the newest version...as far as i'm aware it's free.

Hope this might help.

3. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Yeah it kind of doesn't, since the problem it's whether the program will play or not, it's whether or not it opens, which it doesn't. XD

And quicktime is free?

4. Inasuma "pumpkin"

iTunes is good. Winamp is good too.

Also, Quicktime comes with iTunes from Apple's website. iTunes is way better since it has music, but Quicktime doesn't lag and skip like iTunes.

.... so yeah... just get Quicktime I guess.

5. guardiansoulblade Destiny Islands Resident

Yes QuickTime is Free, just search for QuickTime download in any sesrch engine and it'll come up.

6. Repliku Chaser

DIVX player, Winamp and Quicktime are all good alternates to media player really. I hardly ever use media player because of having some issues with it but usually one of the three others I mentioned will cover about any type of video you want to watch.

7. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Apparently I'm downloading iTunes/Quicktime.

Thanks dogs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.