Worst Disney Sequel

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Roxas~N~Namine, May 31, 2010.

1. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

It can be summed up this way: "....*enter name of disney movie*.... 2"

I don't think I've come across any of the sequels that I liked. Tho this strictly applies to all the cartoons, such as Bambi, Mulan, Cinderella, and etc. The actual movies (with actors and actresses), there are some ups and downs, so it's 50:50 on that. I can't quite think of anything but Perhaps PotC can serve as an example. The fist was amazing. The second was good, but the third and fourth kind of killed it. Now with the talk of a fifth movie (idk how credible it is, I've only heard rumors), it's really pushing its limits. Imo, it's passed its limit after the first one.

2. Amayashiro Merlin's Housekeeper

Mulan II... I can't described how much I hated the movie, I watched the sequel when I was 10 and even I know it was bad then. Bambi II was awful too, I personally don't like Bambi to start with but the sequel is ten times worse than the first one.

3. Krowley Moderator

Disney sequels are done by DisneyToon Studios.
    These people are responsible for nearly every Disney sequel from the 90s to today.
    The only sequel that was part of the Walt Disney Animation Canon was The Rescuers Down under, Fantasia 2000 and Winnie the Pooh.

As for answering the question, once again I have a list;

Pocahontas II Journey to a New World
    In the first Pocahontas, it showed John Smith and Pocahontas sharing a romantic involvement.
    This film acts like it never happened.

The Little Mermaid Ariel's Beginning
    Though not a sequel, this prequel lacks a lot. The villain is forgettable as well as the story.

Kronk's New Groove
    What happens when you take a lovably funny character and have a spin-off movie about him?
    The exact opposite of what you were hoping for.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame II
    As a fan of the first, this one royally disappointed me. The villainous plot was pathetic, Phoebus was dummed down, and it all revolves around Quasimodo falling in love.
    Little fact; Haley Joel Osment (Voice of Sora) voiced Zephyr (Son of Phoebus and Esmerelda)

Cinderella II
    When you have a classic made in 1950, and release a sequel 51 years later, it's just sad to see the result.
    Cinderella II seemed like a short compilation of a series that was cancelled before production.
    How I loathe it...

4. FallenHero15 Merlin's Housekeeper

The Little Mermaid ones and Pocahontas 2 were terrible. Haven't seen Hunchback 2, nor do I intend to, merely because of the bad things I've heard about it. The first one was amazing, but...a sequel? Really? Victor Hugo is one of my favorite authors, and I don't want to see another classic ruined.

5. Maka Albarn It's called love

Well the one that I really never want to see its face again is surely Hunchback of Notre Dame II. I mean, after having a very dark Disney movie, you suddenly have this lighthearted, crappily drawn, horrible story line as the sequel? -_- Lame.

6. Daxa~ #stalker

Atlantis 2.
    First one was oh so amazing,but the second...ugh.
    It was so pointless.

Also did not like the Lion King 2.
    Or any Disney Sequel.

7. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

Actually, I liked part 3 better than part 2. Oh and BTW, you mispelled her last name. It's Hale, and I have to say she was much better as Cinderella than she was as Princess Aurora in Birth By Sleep (No offense to her because I am a proud fan of Ms. Hale.)