Birth by Sleep Would Birth by Sleep have been better off as a PS2 game?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by P, May 22, 2011.

1. P Banned

I came upon this recently, and thought it was rather interesting that BBS was originally slanted for release on the PS2 as opposed to the PSP. Fragments of the interview said stuff along the lines of:

I'm slightly disappointed that it wasn't for PS2. Perhaps then we'd have 8een a8le to see those 8eautiful capes in more than just the concept video.

2. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Maybe PS3, but I'm glad it didn't since I don't have a ps3. There should definitely be a ps3/360 release though like they did with FFXIII.

3. P Banned

Funnily enough, it seems as though BBS is now a likely candidate for a PS3 release due to the remastering of PSP games that was announced recently. How ironic that it goes from a PS2 plan to a PSP reality to a possi8ility of a PS3 release.

The co-op was a fairly large part of BBS, don't forget. If it were developed for the PS2, then that would pro8a8ly 8e replaced, which would 8e a shame. The co-op works a lot 8etter on the PSP, and, if it gets a PS3 release, will pro8a8ly 8e handled well there too, due to the online play of the PS3.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

either way, I don't have a PSP so I don't know the controls, but I'm thinking it would be a lot easier to play on PS3 than a PSP

5. Shift Chaser

The co-op is great sure, but it's not everywhere that we find people with PSPs.
    I myself would like a lot more some kind of local co-op by loading from the memory card.
    Either way, with the PS3, it'll be perfect.

Granted, it's not confirmed it'll even make it.
    But it's a good excuse to work more on VSXIII a little more and therefore delay KH3.

6. Patman Bof

I don' t understand that article at all, apart from the tittle the whole thing is gibberish.

What the who ? Was' t CoM released way before BBS development even began ? Are they talking about Re:CoM ?
    What game are they talking about exactly ? BBS ? CoM ?

No kidding. I' m so thrilled to hear that.

An HD game ? Again, what game are we talking about exactly ? Neither BBS nor CoM I suppose, since neither are HD games.

Anyway, I really couldn' t care less that BBS ended up on the PSP since it' s nearly just as powerful as a PS2. The recent Type 0 gameplay video is one more proof of that (not that I needed such a proof after seeing Crisis Core, Dissidia, Peace Walker or BBS). An UMD doesn' t have as much space as a DVD, but if that actually was a problem they could have released the game on 2 UMDs, just like Type 0. Since they managed to add things in the Final Mix I guess memory space wasn' t a concern at all. Furthermore the PS2 market died a long time before BBS was released, it' s no surprise SE ended up choosing the PSP instead.

The only grudge I hold towards BBS, on a technical level, is that it doesn' t have a CG ending. The real time cutscene of the KH2 secret ending wasn' t nearly as epic as the CG one.

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I'd love that since my parents got me Re: chain cuz they said I'd like it better than the gameboy version (i asked for it cuz i like retro styl games) and they were right
    No kidding! The secret ending on the PS2 was awesome, plus, why didn't they leave the capes on for the game but remove them in the mirage arena?

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

The interview can be read here

http://forums.khinsider.com/handhel...su-interview-bbs-developers-feb-25-issue.html

The excepts were pretty random if you look at P's link but it was since that was a leak.

The interview itself is rather interesting.

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Just to answer Patman's questions...

Yeah, that was RE:CoM
    BBS
    There was a concern that a male programmer would make Aqua too masculine.
    With new games coming out in HD there were concerns that a decent part of the team might have trouble making a SD game.

10. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i think it would've been better as a PS2 or PS3 game too actually. the end result was fine though, but i always prefer console games to portable. the reason being that portability has never been a selling point for me, in fact i play my portable games on a chair at home and would much rather playing games on TV whenever possible. though, the Mirage Arena co-op play was a good result that came from the PSP, i don't think it would've been possible to handle it well on a console system (well the PS3 has online play but i prefer playing with people i know).

11. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I also would have preferred it as a console game, if only so I wouldn't have to use RemoteJoy to have the screen bigger. It could have also done wonders for Mirage Arena, allowing much larger teams than on the PSP. All in all though, I like it as it is.

12. AwkwardFailure Traverse Town Homebody

I'm happier it's on Playstation Portable instead, in my opinion better graphics, but I guess it would really depend, especially since it got released later than the other Kingdom Hearts games on Playstation 2, but the Playstation 2 does have it's limits. I think the people who got it would be a tab lower, because many people had traded in their Playstation 2 for Playstation 3.

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

PS2 is officially a last gen console. Sure, people would buy it but PSP is what all the cool kids who wasted like 200 bucks have nowadays. It would've been better as a console game for the sake of screen size and multiplayer action, but all in all it's fine as is.

14. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    Please I hope it comes out for the PS2 or 360

Now see I hope they remake it because I don't think I'm a get a PSP anytime soon. If it is for the PS3 that would suck. Mine isn't reading any disks at all.(I called them they said I have to send it in. But did I ever get and email for them to send me a box so I can return it. Tch no man what a pain-.-) So I either have to buy a new one... No wait yea that's it and my pockets are empty right now so buying another gme system is not really on the top of my list of things at this point in time. I'm glad FFXIII came out for both because I would have been screwed big time. And wait does this mean if they made a remake for COM does that mean they may do 358/2 as well? (Don't own a DS used to not anymore.)

15. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, CoM led into KH2 and if you didn't play it, you didn't get why Sora was sleeping in a giant flower at the beginning.
    (~raises hand~ guilty...)

CoM was kinda important to the story of KH2. Days may or may not be remade, but from the mixed reviews it's gotten from fans it more likely not to happen...