Kingdom Hearts Would you sometimes punch Sora on the head too?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by DanceWaterDance, Nov 7, 2013.

1. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Would you sometimes punching Sora on the head too, for how much he is STUPID and IDIOT? When in CoM, he easily falls into organization plan, or in KH2, he believes that Ansem SoD was helping Kairi, or in DDD, he easily falls into Xehanort's plan, or in other numerous situations, I really want to punch him.... It seems they are making him more stupid every KH after another...

2. Shift Chaser

I don't think any of those examples were his fault, even though he's pretty dim.

3. A Zebra Chaser

Sora's stupid, but none of those are very good examples of it
    Definitely nothing worth punching someone over.

4. 61 No. B

To be fair he didn't have much of a choice. He had to progress through the castle and the sleeping worlds.

5. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

So, you enter in a sinister castle, a hooded man talks in an enigmatic way after you enter, then you start losing your memory, and you start to "remember" a person who you NEVER talk about or think about, and still you think it's all true. I would be a bit suspicious.

6. A Zebra Chaser

They tell him the castle's power is to peel away memories and regain deep ones.
    In a world like the KH one, that's hardly an unlikely scenario

7. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

That's the point, he trusts them way too easily. How can you trust so easily someone you don't know.

8. Shift Chaser

If someone told me that I'd forget things and remember things after entering the castle, then it was exactly what happened after I entered, I wouldn't think it was a lie.
    And he was looking for Mickey and Riku, Pluto had just led him there, he couldn't just leave.

9. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Wait I thought Pluto just sent them to a random direction, they fell asleep, and then Sora was led by Marluxia to the castle.

10. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Nothing that justifies violent action. Poor Sora is a trusting lad but in many of these instances his reactions make sense due to the deep sense of idealism he possesses and the fact that his antics help continue the story in a way that allows the player to essentially be on the same level of general awareness regarding the plot, excluding foreshadowing or hypotheses of the future or what have you. More than anything it would be grand if they allow this as a set up for his final maturity in KHIII.

11. Jin うごかないで

Naw, If Sora didn't fall into these plans there would be no spice within the story in CoM it's obvious he can't help but fall into their plan as soon as he stepped foot into castle oblivion, there's no reason to hate on him for the events of CoM. The only time I've wanted to express any anger towards Sora is when he crashed the gummi ship in Deep jungle when he got so full of himself and started arguing with donald but other than that they're basic plot elements, no character is perfect. If sora didn't come into their plans or got captured at times I don't know, maybe there wouldn't be as much thrill in the story?

12. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

There are times I find Sora incredibly annoying, but nothing warranting a punch on the head. It's just how Sora is, if he wasn't so trusting then he wouldn't end up being friends with Donald and Goofy. If he wasn't the Sora he is, then the game wouldn't have the story it had now. Not to mention how fun it is to see how Xehanort manages to trick people repeatedly especially Sora.

13. Nowaki Destiny Islands Resident

Uhm not really... Sora has always been the character who can easily cheer me up in seconds even though he is pretty naive. But there was one scene in chain of memories, where I was nearly about to throw my controller against the wall (haha). I mean the scene where Namine tells the truth about everything she did and every memory of her is just a fake and Sora is so.. so arrrghsxD! He even told one member of the organization to agree if Namine deletes his memories as long as he can keep his promise he made to her.
    He never even promised Namine anything ! Even though Sora knows the truth, he stucks to this false promise and risks his life for a girl he hardly knows and who exchanged his memories.
    He acts so.. strange. Wouldn't you be mad about her? Or at least well, you would try to understand Namines behaviour but I believe no one of you would happily smile and risk your life and everything you did just for her.
    This drove me crazy xD

14. Shift Chaser

That would be one of hell of a coincidence though, the random direction Pluto sent them being just the right one to Castle Oblivion that is. He had a letter from Mickey, he also probably had directions.

Plus, come Re:CoM, they actually find Pluto on the Traverse Town room. I don't remember right, but I guess they dismissed it as a memory like the others, but then his friend card keeps showing up randomly through all the floors(Somehow he even waltz in the last battle).
    That, at least imo, implies Pluto was also there physically, since memories don't just leak from a room to another. So, he was going to Castle Oblivion at the start, and Sora just failed to catch up to him.

15. Dredica SNES was the best.

I think his behavior in that moment is a reflection of how pure of a heart he has, and because he says how real the promise felt, even if it was fake. To me, that was one of my favorite parts about Chain of Memories. I think it has something to say for the human heart and the types of decisions we make, and I've found people usually live like Riku more than Sora and what I mean by that is like your post. You thought more like Riku did, the rationale main character, why should I help this person who has put me through hell and all for a fake connection? But at the end of Kingdom Hearts II Riku tells Sora how he wishes he could live life the way he does, following his heart, and I find that especially true for me as well. I feel like I would have been a better person if I had helped and forgave Namine at the end of Chain of Memories, and I think that would be the heart's decision moreso than one made through the mind. All of the problems that Sora gets into start with him following his heart, but at the end of the day we all still love Sora for these decisions because it shows how powerful the heart can be, even if it leads him astray, as a concept being brought up in Dream Drop Distance.

So, in my opinion, Sora shouldn't be ridiculed for his decisions, instead, he should be given a pat on the back, like Riku did. Even after Riku went through so much to essentially save his life at the end of Dream Drop Distance, he still loved Sora all the same. And instead of Sora getting angry when Riku got the title of Keyblade Master and he didn't, he congratulated him. I wish I could be like Sora, even if that means being naive, because even through all the suffering he endures, he still ends up with a smile on his face at the end of every title.

16. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

I wouldn't say Sora is stupid. He's just extremely naive and ignorant which really makes me want to punch him in the head sometimes.

17. KENZICHI Merlin's Housekeeper

An amazing reply Dredica, wow! I could never punch Sora or think any ill will of him. Even mentioning him puts a smile on my face. I don't think he's stupid at all. He didn't 'easily' fall into their plans. He had no idea what was going on. In CoM he was looking for his friends. In DDD he was taking a test. He didn't know that Xehanort had it rigged all along. Not even Yen Sid or Mickey knew and they're masters. I can't really think of any parts where I got irritated with Sora, but maybe that's because of my love for him lol. But in the end with CoM he did the right thing. He went through with his 'promise' with Namine and protected her. If he hadn't his memories would have probably stayed messed up. Only Namine could fix them. And nothing good comes from holding a grudge. Sora probably knew this and that is why he wasn't furious with her. End the end he trusted the right person.

18. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Nah, I would just yell at him and say "use that thick skull of yours and don't be so easy to trick." then I would just leave him with a "Sometimes heckling the hero is fun." and vanish

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  19. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I don't think he is stupid, I think he is determined to save the people he loves and so runs in without considering the possibility of a trap, he has complete faith in his need to save his friends that everything else becomes irrelevant. He is a very happy kid which I love, he easily trusts people and is very open and friendly which then allows him to make loads of new friends. I always find it amusing how you can be in one place and Sora talks to the people there e.g. Aladdin, with such ease and then he goes off to Traverse town and treats Leon and others the exact same even when the worlds are so different. Anyway, that is just how Sora is I suppose and I wouldn't change it because is makes a good game.

20. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Very good point