Kingdom Hearts II Xaldin's Limit Break

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Amaury, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

What depends on how much it hits and how many people it hits?

For example, at 16:10 here it hits everyone, but not that much; however, at 19:40 it hits Sora and Goofy a lot, but doesn't even hit Donald:

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Looked to me like it actually somehow passed over Donald on that second hit. And I've never figured out exactly what makes or breaks the damage on that attack. Everyone is always saying, and I'm including the guide in this, that if you head over to the metal gate you'll miss the attack altogether, but I've only managed to mitigate the damage to one or two hits and not take any damage.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

You can use Reflect to avoid damage.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I don't use reflect unless it's Sephiroth. Besides, it's only a small amount of damage. I'd be more afraid of his berserk attack

5. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Hit box. Donald must have a small hit box and the hit box of the attack must get narrower or short the longer the attack effect is.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm not too sure about that. The attack hits all that's around it, and I've never seen Donald actually pass under it except for that one time. Not saying it's a glitch, but something funny happened there, since there's no reason the attack would change over time.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

It actually happened a few times on that fight, but yeah, most of the time they'll get hit.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

That's strange, because every single time I've played this game, my team has always been hit with that attack, with no exceptions. I'm just wondering why it would hit some times and other times in the exact same circumstance it would miss

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

10. Explode Who?!

It must be something about Donald's hitbox. I'll bet there's certain parts of his idle/walking/running animations where he's crouching more to the ground. If their hitbox's are precise, that should effect it. What you're seeing is probably a perfect storm of Xaldin's attack being roughly Donald's height above the ground, so that the slightest movement could cause it to miss him.

That, or it could be a bug. That attack is supposed to hit everywhere (unless you reflect, or quick run/dodge roll at just the right moment), so it could be considered a "constant" for testing different variables. Since you'd always expect Donald and Goofy to get hit by it, and its effective region passes by in just a few frames (so it doesn't have a lot of chances to hit again), problems with hitboxes (if there are any) would become clear.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

Could it be a bug, though, since most of the time Donald does get hit by it, regardless of whether he's standing still or following Sora? I'll have to look through videos on YouTube later and see if Sora and Goofy or Beast have ever avoided the damage.

How about the other question? What depends on how many times it hits?

12. Explode Who?!

I don't think it's a bug, but it's possible.

It seems like it's a relatively set number of times that it hits you, based on how wide the hitbox for the attack is. Going above or below may cause it to hit fewer times, since it's thinner at those points. If you're invincible for part of the time due to badly-timed reflect or evasive move, you may get hit a few times because it partially passed through you already.

13. Amaury Legendary Hero

I was going to make a guess and say it could be based on where you are, but I'm not too sure. But even when you're just walking or standing still not using Reflect or whatever, it's different each time.

Hm.

14. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Another thing that is probably more likely is that the attacks hitbox it skinnier than the actual whirlwind effect and Donald is so short and was in the right spot that it passed over him. That's most likely it.

15. Amaury Legendary Hero

If you watch the whole fight (starting at 15:11), you'll see that happened a lot. o.O