Birth by Sleep Xehanorts name

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Beucefilous, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

if you take the letters X-E-H-A-N-O-R-T and rearange them it can spell nox heart. nox is latin for darkness or dark so basically his name is an anogram for dark heart. plus if you remove the X it spells no heart, the optional final mix boss. coincidence? i don't think so

2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

"Nox Heart", I think was a coincidence since to follow with the rest of Kingdom Hearts you should remove the X. However Xehanort is a special case here, since the other examples are nobodies.
    "No Heart", as you pointed out, was not.
    "Another" and "A Throne", are also possibilities that have been said in this case, but don't have the game support that "No Heart" has.

3. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

wasn't no heart initially sitting on "A Throne"? i'm almost certain that was a coincidence

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

as far as I know, "No Heart" and "Another" were actually on purpose because it was a hint for the heartless and nobodies. The Nox Heart is probably just a coincidence

5. Rhiscx Banned

Agrees. The word Another actually shows up in KH2FM when Xemnas uses the computer, it is the first password he uses before typing the princesses of heart's names. For that nox heart thing, maybe Nomura is just more creative then we thought, or could be total coincidence.

6. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Actually when Xemnas logs in he uses the original names of the apprentices. (You don't see the letters but the character count fits)

But true, "Another" is also supported canonically. Although I don't understand what Auqa101 was trying to say with that being hints.

7. Llave Superless Moderator

Yeah i agree, the only thing i don't get is why "another" is an important word in the series? will that be revealed in Reconnect, or is that a witty description for Terranort? there is "another" soul within Terra.

8. Key master Sora Traverse Town Homebody

In everyone's hearts as the connection....
    you know there has been quite a few latin references in kh bbs...

ventus: the wind
    terra: the land
    aqua: the water
    nox: the night
    vanitas: vanity

~vanity~
    1. excessive pride in one's appearance, qualities, abilities, achievements, etc.; character or quality of being vain; conceit: Failure to be elected was a great blow to his vanity.
    2. an instance or display of this quality or feeling.
    3. something about which one is vain.
    4. lack of real value; hollowness; worthlessness: the vanity of a selfish life.
    5. something worthless, trivial, or pointless.

things that maybe represent vanitas are in red

got those from google translate and dictionary.com so ya.... XD nox may be a coincidense maybe not....

9. Rhiscx Banned

I've taken latin, and I learned that vanitas translates to "nothing". But vanity is certainly a derivative of vanitas.

10. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Also "No Earth."
    Xehanort stole Terra's body. Terra = earth.

11. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

i agree with "nox" is just a coincidence. i didn't know about "another", but i figure out the "no heart".
    Xehanort... how did they do many cool anagrams with X?!

The best anagram i could find for my name was "Excasr"... *trying to imitate Nomura's talent* xD

12. Key master Sora Traverse Town Homebody

In everyone's hearts as the connection....
    sorry... my bad... XD am not a latin student... like i said though:

But i did think it worked anyway... XP Screw you google translate!!!!

lol nice one bullet

13. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

is it just me or does practically everything in this game some sort of hidden meaning?

14. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's not just you, dude. There are a lot of games that have hidden meanings.

There are even some where the hidden meanings are also bonus levels.

To stay on-topic, though, that is interesting. It's the same concept for Ekans and Arbok -- snake and cobra.

15. Llave Superless Moderator

True, and Nomura is one for being mysterious and meticulous in his process... well, save having games come out in chronological order...

It's just like Eraqus, his name spells Square, and i hear they modeled him after the CEO or whoever of SE. So things do have meanings, you just gotta know where to find them.

16. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

very true. im pretty sure that the hidden meanings have their own hidden meanings. i just havent found any yet.

and arbok is a fail. it should be arboc. works just as well. stupid translation peoples.

i heard he was modelled after Nomura. and he probably planned for the games to come out of order, slightly. maybe not to the extent that they did though.

technically, only 2 games are out of order. Days and BBS. CoM came out before KHII, on gameboy. Coded comes after KHII. 3D will come after Coded and KHII.

back on topic though Another does fit as into the story. when he took AtW's name, he became Another Ansem.

17. Llave Superless Moderator

O yeah that's true... but i don't really see a resemblance... you be the judge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But everything aside, i think there is a reason behind every character's name, not just Xehanort. But his is the one that is hardest to interpret.

18. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I hadn't heard that he was based of anyone at square until here. But he does bear resemblance to Hironobu Sakaguchi

[​IMG]

19. Llave Superless Moderator

20. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Hironobu Sakaguchi created Final Fantasy. So yes, he's very well respected at Square Enix