Kingdom Hearts Xemnas Shock/Release Commands

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Explode, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Explode Who?!

I beat KHFM's secret boss yesterday, but it wasn't particularly satisfying because I had to use cheap tactics that I've never resorted to before (ie. taking advantage of invincibility during limits). This is mainly because of his drain attack that seems almost completely random whether you survive it or not. There's no pattern or constant speed that the release command moves in, and there were several times where I pressed X while selecting release and it did nothing (from what I remember, I wasn't mashing the button). This would almost be excusable if it capped off at 1HP (forcing Xemnas to hit you in order to die), or if it went away when Tinker Bell brings you back to life, but nope.

Has anyone had consistent luck with this that wants to share their strategy? It's an otherwise fun battle, and I want to be able to enjoy it without worrying about this little snag.

2. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

Really the best advice I can give is hit and run. Get your licks in and dodge roll the hell away.

3. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

I just wait for it to show up on the reaction command/triangle button. That seemed easier to me since I don't have to scroll down and select it with the control pad. However, that is just my method.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

It really is the one glaring blemish on that fight, and otherwise it'd be brilliant. But because of this it takes a degree of luck. The best advice I can give you is to keep trying, keep testing your reaction time, and try not to panic.

There's one instance where you can almost predict when he'll do it to you, and that's after you deplete about 1 1/4th of a health bar. The next time he recovers from stun, or if he's close enough to you after an attack, he'll usually go for it; if you're quick, you can get out of range. Other than that, you really just have to have a sense for it. Keep an eye on his health and be aware of how much time has passed since he last used it. Above all, understand that your guess could be wrong and you could have to deal with it at any time.

I whittled his last health bar down with Strike Raid, and I really don't feel that ashamed - He brought a dumb, easy tactic so I did too. Just don't feel too bad, we've probably all done it.