Kingdom Hearts II Xemnas {Spoilers for BbS included.}

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Top-Tier Roxas., Dec 14, 2010.

1. Top-Tier Roxas. Destiny Islands Resident

I'm very surprised that Final Mix didn't include another version of Xemnas, wielding his keyblade.
    Xemnas's origins as Terra and Master Xehanort indicate that he may have been capable of wielding a Keyblade, but just preferred not to, as an interview with Nomura stated that "It's possible that {Xemnas} intentionally wasn't using {a Keyblade}"

It would have been pretty cool, but then again, as I've seen people say,

-KH I;
    Keyblade can only be used by the chosen one.
    -KH II;
    Five people with Keyblades.
    -KH BbS;
    Keyblade school. Keyblades everywhere.

I think it really lost its exclusivity.

But I'm rambling.
    What are your thoughts on Xemnas with a Keyblade?
    In all honesty, if he was a hard match for Riku and Sora with his ethereal blades, then he would have surely one with it.

2. P Banned

In KH1, Mickey had a Keyblade too, and Riku was able to use Sora's, so it wasn't too exclusive.

Even so, there's probably a good reason Xemnas didn't use the Keyblade. After all, he had Rainfall from Aqua, but never attempted to use it. Perhaps the Ethereal Blades are stronger than the Keyblade? Or perhaps they're a reduced and concentrated form of the Keyblade. After all, there's the MF's weapons in BBS, and there's Roxas' limit form in Days.

3. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

He lost his memory in BBS. So wouldn't that make him loose the ability to know how to wield a keyblade?

4. Top-Tier Roxas. Destiny Islands Resident

Yes, but In my original post, I quoted Nomura's interview, and he said that Xemnas could possibly still wield it, but chose not to. Maybe that's what they wanted us to think was that he lost his memory of how to wield it.

True. Both of those could be right, and there is a bit of proof behind both of those theories.

Uh.... Nope?
    Roxas covered his keyblade with light, (Much like Sora and Xion did for Ars Arcanum) and for his final limit, used defensive pillars of light, which he uses more effectively in his KH2FM Boss Battle. The only people to use Ethereal Blades were Xemnas and MF, so far.

5. P Banned

Well if you turn your head and squint, his Keyblade looks kinda like an Ethereal Blade...

6. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I know what your saying but I think no. They keyblade is still exscusive think about it every world you see and every person you meet how many have a keyblade? And also the game exsplained how people get the keyblade so it is still only 'the chosen one' but it's able to be passed on...

7. P Banned

Excluding Disney characters, there are 21 original characters without Keyblades. Last time I counted, there were a bit more than 30 original characters. This is counting nobodies/somebodies as separates. That means that a bit less than 1/3rd of all original characters have Keyblades, assuming my math isn't wrong.

8. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

exsactly that means that the keyblade is still quite exsculsive and you also have to assume about all the other worlds out there and the other character's in the worlds you do visit

9. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

In chronological order, the 'exclusivity' thing is turned on its head.

Keyblade War: Yen Sid, Eraqus, Xehanort, thousands of others. NUMBER CONFIRMED: 1000+
    BBS: Ven, Aqua, Terra, Eraqus, Xehanort, Vanitas (only because of Ven). NUMBER CONFIRMED: 6 Number derived: 1
    KHI: Sora, Mickey. NUMBER CONFIRMED: 2
    COM/DAYS: Sora, Roxas (only because of Sora), Xion (only because of Sora), Mickey. NUMBER CONFIRMED: 4 Number derived 2
    KHII PROLOGUE: Roxas (only because of Sora), Mickey. NUMBER CONFIRMED: 2 Number derived: 1
    KHII: Sora, Mickey. NUMBER CONFIRMED: 2
    KHII ENDGAME: Sora, Mickey, Riku. Kairi never confirmed to actually keep the Keyblade she is given. NUMBER CONFIRMED: 3 Number unconfirmed: 1
    CODED: Sora, Mickey, Riku. Data Sora never confirmed to own a real Keyblade; Kairi still not confirmed to keep. NUMBER CONFIRMED: 3 Number unconfirmed: 2
    KH3D: Sora, Mickey, Riku. Kairi still not confirmed to keep, and confirmed unable to take the Mark of Mastery. NUMBER CONFIRMED: 3 Number unconfirmed: 1

After the results of the 'Second Keyblade War' onwards, the number of confirmed wielders (able to repeatedly call their weapon) doesn't fluctuate very wildly, capping at three. And when it actually surpasses three during Days, it's only because Roxas and Xion are piggybacking off Sora's ability.

10. Top-Tier Roxas. Destiny Islands Resident

Let's not forget the countless people who wielded keys for the keyblade war.
    CONFIRMED: Roughly over 9000.

11. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

And in each world there could be 9000000 each!

12. P Banned

Also, the criteria for wielding a Keyblade has changed from what it was in KH1. In KH1 through to KHII, including Days, owning a Keyblade was very much a Chosen One type deal. Sure, you could derive, but it's still Chosen One.

Then along comes BBS, and we discover that the ability to wield them can be given out like candy corn. Also, the Big Bad uses a torrent of Keyblades as an attack. There's an entire world dedicated to dead Keyblades. Also, the Keyblade, previously thought to be the ultimate weapon, is thoroughly trumped by the X-blade.

Power Creep is definitely setting in.

13. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I think it could be possible that Xemnas chose not to wield a keyblade because he didn't want to do the work of fighting the heartless, or maybe this is absolute rubbish and he forgot how to. My main thought is why didn't he kill heartless if he could have to aid in the collection of hearts so he could get his heart back.

Maybe after the keyblade war the number of people being able to wield it diminished a lot since the wielders died before they could pass it on.

14. P Banned

No, it's been stated that there's a Keyblade for everyone who is able to wield one. So while the Keyblade Master population declining definitely affected the influx of new wielders, it didn't mean less Keyblades could be wielded in future. There isn't a limited amount of them. Anyone who touches the handle of the Keyblade of a master is able to summon one, if they have the strength.