Kingdom Hearts II Xemnas ... too easy :(

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by O13 Follower, Jan 16, 2014.

1. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Seriously, why was Xemnas's boss fight in KHII so easy I mean with nothingness he could have wiped the floor with you even without kingdom hearts assimilation. I know plot and story were the main causes for why it had to be somewhat easy but still I hoped for more from him. Can you think of anything Xemnas could have done before the assimilation of KH to make him more of a threat and try and remember the battlefield that was in use and take into acount that Xemnas's power is nothingness when suggesting a move or attack. (you can bring stuff from the final mix of 1 and 2)

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Don't forget that even though he has power over nothingness, it's just a power, like how Axel could wield fire, or Demyx could wield water. Just because you could wield it, doesn't make you all powerful. There's limits to what any character can do with anything. Even Ansem SoD could use a giant amount of darkness at his command, and even technically he could have taken out everyone. But it's just that there are ways to fight it. It's basically a third form, just like Light and Dark, so it's not all powerful, it's just there, and Xemnas could control it.

3. Arch Mana Knight

Well apparently Xemnas could turn lesser Nobodies into Dusks, according to Axel. Unless that was really just a metaphor for getting killed rather than something Xemnas could do. Still, for being the strongest Nobody we've seen, his fights were easy but not easier than all the other bosses.

To be honest, if he had his full moveset from the Final Mixes(did KH2FM add any moves to Xemnas anyways? I don't think so) then Xemnas would have little competition for hardest story boss. But let's not forget, KH2 is an easy game to begin with.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

The Xemnas fight was nowhere close to easy. Just ask @Vivid Green.

Despite having beaten him before when just playing through the game, I had to ask for help with preparation stuff when I did my first walkthrough of the game because I was seriously under-leveled. Just watch my fight with Xigbar here and look at how much damage I took. Not only that, but it took me three tries to defeat him.

Skip to 37:20:

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Wait...you had trouble with him?...Maybe I should start going through your old videos and see how much I missed with your stuff.......
    Really? It took you 3 tries to beat Xemnas? I've only ever failed once, on hard mode, and that was during the final part while controlling Riku and I kept getting knocked back and wasn't paying attention.

Although, you did kind of live off of the limits, whilst I never use limits one bit, so I guess you could end up being underleveled from doing that

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Re-read my paragraph. It was Xigbar. I had no problems with Xemnas thanks to you and others here.

7. 61 No. B

Has KH ever had a hard final boss? None come to mind.
    I think his final final fight was fairly in line with the other bosses (excluding the notoriously frustrating ones) though everything leading up to that was a complete waste of time requiring absolutely no skill and providing no satisfaction or rewarding experience whatsoever.

And let's be honest, the only reason for the KH assimilation was because someone thought that that incredibly lame black and white Org coat looked cool.

8. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Yo, it's KHII. Press X to win. Nothing was challenging.

9. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Vivid Green for the record I am not saying Xemnas should be all powerfull but he should be much stronger than he was in KH2 and a little bit more than in 3D. I mean that if we have played KH1 final mix then you know Xemnas was more difficult in that fight than in the first boss fight in KH2 and in 3D he trapped with four ethereal guards then waits to shoot your butt when you jump out. If he had used any of those attacks in KH2 he might have been harder to deal with. Also when I said don't forget he had the power of nothingness I simply meant don't say he burns you to death when that isn't his power or accidently confuse him with someone else I have seen that happen in the past ... not here as far as I know.
    Honestly If the Organization members are made of nothingness than he might be able to but if you buy KH 1.5 ReMix and watch the KH 365/2 Days cinematics you see Axel talk to Xion in Caslte oblivion about her and when Axel talks about what would happen Xion says basically I will be turned into a Dusk and Axel said that what would happen would be worse, her total destruction so two completely different things. Also if Xemnas didn't have this ability then Marluxia would likely not have bothered with the plot of Castle Oblivion to begin with. Also the only move added in KH2 Final Mix was that energy ball move from the first final mix and this was done during Twilight form fight. I will concur KH2 was an overall easy game.

10. cstar stay away from my waifu

(I'll explain why I linked your quote later on)

So when me and my best friend played KHII together we were both younger and didn't realize that just fighting through the whole game without really modifying anything like stats or keyblades was actually a thing. So when we got up to Xemnas we died a hell of a lot only to find out years later that we needed to work on that stuff.

So, although clearly it was (mostly) a joke, pressing x to win isn't exactly what can happen, but it sure can get you far.

But with all that aside when I was younger I thought Xemnas = Death, almost as much as Chernobog. Now I can beat them in one(sometimes two due to a slip up) tries because I'm not 8 and not knowing what I am doing.

11. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

It really wasn't a joke... It was said in jest, but I'm not exactly a KHII fan. I mean this game even moves into air combos for you if you just press X. You literally don't need to do a thing. Action games were getting pretty fancy around that time and KHII just made itself look impressive with minimal player input. The fact they choked it on the 1000 Heartless Battle doesn't help either.

I won't take your anecdotal evidence here for Xemnas as, well, evidence because it could've just been bad luck/less skill. It's like when people say old games are long, which is false- those people are just bad at video games.

That all said, you made a fine point.