Xendane: Autobiography

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Xendane, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Xendane Banned

Jammin' out in my office on my GEE-TAR!!!
    NOTE:
    This is a true story. It is in no way made up. While I hold no bias towards any religion, Bryce does, and he takes strong offense to the life of a Jehovah's Witness and all their ways.

Let this serve as a warning of the mature content to come.

(It is best if you are at least 18 years or older to read this.)

Also note, I myself am of the Catholic religion, and see it unnecessary to censor the Lord's name.

~~~~~~~~

Jason Haley's Autobiography,
    Chapter 6

--------------------------------------------

I woke up two days later in the hospital with no memory of that incident last night. It seemed as if I had gotten a huge hangover and suffered some blows from a car crash while trying to walk home(I never drive when I'm drunk. Not even buzzed). My head hurt badly, and it seemed as if there was a ridiculously loud ringing echoing through my ears, causing the pain to shoot through my brain as if I were getting hit repeatedly. I looked around, the room seeming to be all too bright. And the damn doctor wouldn't shut up about the situation after I had woken up.

Bryce suddenly walked into my room, seething. He turned to the doctor and screamed, "Just leave him alone! Jesus Christ! He got hit by a god damn car! Leave him alone, or I'll throw you out the god damn window!" The doctor timidly skirted from the room, casting evil glares at Bryce along the way. Bryce shook his head. "Sorry, Jase. I can't stand that guy. My dad knows him, he said he's a Jehovah's Witness. Those guys are so full of sh*t... I can't stand Jehovah's Witnesses. I didn't mean for you to see that, sorry."

Well, that was certainly something new I had never known about the Emmet family.

I knew that his family wasn't a part of any religion, by their own choice, but that they allowed their children to practice if they wished when they were old enough. Bryce continued his family's tradition of taking no part in any religion, but he had never given any clues of his bias towards any religion in particular. Then, when I asked, he relayed this story to me of what he saw when he was five:

"It was two in the afternoon, when I would have usually been asleep, since that was my family's thing: afternoon naps. Well, I couldn't sleep, because I had heard some yelling. I naturally went to check. I got down the stairs, and when I looked towards the front door, my dad had his shotgun trained squarely on somebody's face, and when I looked closer, I saw that he was holding papers. My dad told him, 'get away from my house and never come back, if you value your life, you freak.' When I asked him later about it, he told me about Jehovah's Witnesses. He told me that his dad was one, and that he had disowned his only son after he had blatantly refused to become a Jehovah's Witness. The story went on and on, and I finally grew a hatred towards those stuck up, useless, soulless, impotent, spineless cowards."

Bryce's words hit hard and fast. Especially the last one: Cowards. When I still lived in Russia, to be a coward in my family meant that you were worthless; a dead weight not needed to be carried; in other words, you were to be left for dead if you were a coward in my family. To hear Bryce calling a religious group "cowards" made me not only cringe at how pathetic he was making them sound, but it also made me think back on my childhood, something I didn't need memories of. But, hey, I do keep a picture of them in my room, so I usually bring it on myself. I let those memories come freely...

...Or, I would have, had I not been listening to Bryce's story.

"I... didn't know that, Bryce," I said, but in Russian, so that only I could understand. Bryce gave me a sideways look before suddenly nodding with a knowing smile, then left the room. Bryce wasn't good with languages. He was born American, and therefore spoke most fluently in English. Although, he did have some knowledge in Spanish, and then in German. He didn't speak Russian; he didn't speak Japanese; he didn't speak Chinese, French, Arabian, African, or Norwegian. His family came from a Scottish heritage, with some Irish blood to boot, but that was about it. He and I were opposites in that respect. But my father always said, "Opposites attract." Like a magnet, you know?

I got out of the hospital later that day, no harm done, just a bad hangover and a bruised chest. Being of Russian descent, and trained by my dad, a former Spetsnaz soldier, I could feel pain, yeah, but I paid it little to no mind, and it tended to bounce off. Punch me in the gut and I might grunt, but nothing more. Basically, that's how it went.

When I got home, Leif handed me a crutch. "Just to keep you stable until you completely sober," was his excuse. I was already sober, and I could walk fine. I know he was just doing that so that Marina would have a reason to freak out.

Typical Leif...

~End of Chapter 6~

Fun Facts:

1. My family has a long heritage of language comprehension, allowing us to fit squarely in whatever group of people we wanted, even though we're mainly of Russian descent. This is why I'm multi-lingual.

2. Bryce's family holds no ties to any religion, but they allow their children to choose if they wish to hold a religious tie. Bryce doesn't, but he is extremely hostile to Jehovah's Witnesses and their intrusion of personal space and perversion of human rights.

3. Leif is a good, good friend of mine. If I haven't explained already, he and I share the same past: a life of sadness, pain, and distrust. My family was killed in a car crash, and I was spared to see the horrors following. Leif came from an abusive family that thought of him as nothing more than a punching bag.

4. I do drink, but I don't go past the point where I'm buzzed. I want to keep a good record with the law.

5. A Spetsnaz soldier is a top-secret military unit of Russia, so top-secret that not a whole lot of people know about them. They are trained so brutally, that death was an acceptable part of the training. They swim through pools of blood to strengthen themselves. My father was once a Spetsnaz.

6. Marina is my girlfriend, running on two years in a relationship with her now.

7. Jehovah's Witnesses aren't, in my eyes, a religion; they're a cult of less-than-team players who think that everybody is the devil and all other religious beliefs will be destroyed when the time comes. They spy on all their members, and if you break their rules, they destroy families and lives, and see no harm in kidnapping people who are part of their cult. They do not condone blood transfusion, nor do they condone reading the bible. If you are an ex-witness, and you die, anybody close to you who is still a witness will not attend your funeral. Women have virtually no freedom, and you can only marry another Jehovah's Witness if you're one. As a witness, you have no private life. This is why Bryce hates them so much.

8. When I got hit by that car, I initially didn't feel it. Because I was trained by a former Spetsnaz, I recovered pretty fast. But damn it, the pain comes hard and fast after the initial blow!

9. The "crutch" was really a bunch of sticks fashioned together in a supportive walking object.

10. I write this autobiography as my life progresses. Currently, there are ten chapters. I felt like posting this one because it gives insight into Bryce's(or, more commonly known as R3c0Nzi13) beliefs, so that people stop thinking of him as a hot-headed redneck, because he's actually quite educated and intelligent. He's got his own home, and keeps it very well organized and clean, he dresses nicely and appropriately, and he has a girlfriend who, admittedly, isn't a tomboy like Marina, but isn't a mindless slave to manhood, either. Pretty much describes her right there.

11. Bryce normally doesn't get drunk, but when he told me this story, he was still sobering up himself.

12. Bryce looks like Leif without the glasses.

13. Team Ocefir is highly protective of its members and will defend them to the death if necessary, hence Bryce's immediate rage against the doctor.

14. Ace was at the hospital too, as was Houston and Jack Beldevere, but they didn't visit me, because Jack Guile(A.K.A. "Jacques de Guillotine") was in the hospital after inadvertently severing a vein in his arm.

15. I'm almost positive Ryu drew a picture of me walking on that crutch with Marina hanging off my arm in a total fit of worry.

16. Jack Darren(or, more better known as 9th Genesis) was in the hospital too, recovering from a crash he took when his quad exploded.

17. A fun fact about fun fact 14: A guillotine is a bladed object used in olden times for severing heads, which would land in a wicker basket. It was a French thing.

18. I write a lot of fun facts.