Kingdom Hearts II Yellow eyes

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Exiled, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exiled Merlin's Housekeeper

This is off-topic. But Sora was his own Heartless. He's a special case, remember? So he's not like a monster heartless. He's like Xehanort's Heartless.

2. *Hippie Jesus* "I get online and notice I have E-mail I click my

Between the area where your parent's have sex
    is it off topic??? and he's not exactly like xehanorts

3. Cutsman Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh, K hmm i do wonder though if the yellow eyes have sometin to do with Nobodies, but wate doesn't Vivi have yellow eyes?ooh the Irony!

4. *Hippie Jesus* "I get online and notice I have E-mail I click my

well i think there's nothing to special behind the yellow eyes thing bu yet i could be wrong.

5. Exiled Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes, the topic is Yellow Eyes.
    Not exactly, but what I'm saying is that Heartless in general are supposed to be mindless and crave hearts. Xehanort's Heartless, however, could speak and plan and do things and he stole Riku's body. That makes him a special Heartless. And so is Sora: a special Heartless. So basically, when he turned into a Heartless, he continued to be untill Diz and Riku and Namine put Roxas back together with him.

Ah, but Vivi is not an original Kingdom Hearts character so I believe that doesn't matter.

6. *Hippie Jesus* "I get online and notice I have E-mail I click my

pretty eyes i'm out of ideas

7. Exiled Merlin's Housekeeper

Well, it would seem that it has something to do with Kingdom Hearts since Terra's eyes changed to yellow while looking at it.

8. *Hippie Jesus* "I get online and notice I have E-mail I click my

sorry about while ago i had to go do somthing important anyways perhaps kingdomhearts itself???

9. Love Kingdom Keeper

In a world where the sunset casts slender shadows
    I think yellow eyes a side effect you get from messing around with all that darkness . Terra must of gotten into the darkness somehow . Riku is very well on his way to getting yellow eyes , but he started to cut down on the amount of darkness he's been taking into his heart .

10. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

this has been discussed already o.O. im not so sure, but most of the villains have yellow eyes, most of the pure good people have blue eyes (sora, kairi, terra, roxas) and then the people who were bad but turned good have green eyes (axel, riku) yellow eyes might stand for darkness or something...sevral other people have yellow eyes besides the ones you listed, like DiZ and some of the other organization members..

11. Funny thing is Marluxia and Larxene have blue eyes (and, counting official picture sof Larxene, she does have blue, though in the game it looks more aquatic). That's why I don't think there's so much symbolism concerning the eyes as people make it to be. Is obvious though, that having gold-yellow eyes is a sign of darkness and evil, and Terra from what we've seen, almost reached it, if not, did. And blue is a color for the heroes to contradict the gold with "good". To me it ends there though.

12. Repliku Chaser

The yellow eyes is a sign of losing your Heart or falling to Darkness. DiZ had orangish eyes to me. Xehanort before turning Heartless had brown eyes.

Xigbar does have amber colored eyes though. Also Xehanort's Heartless and I think Saix did too. Master Xehanort in the past also had yellow eyes and Terra's eyes at the end of the trailer do seem to definitely take on that hue as well.

I don't think it's a Nobody thing really. Nomura did say that Xigbar had something of an important past that would be explained and I -think- he means to explain it in BBS. Axel had green, Larxene had green (or blue), Vexen had green, etc. I think the 'yellow' is a sign you are powerful in Darkness and well, darkening your own Heart to use it. I could be wrong but that's the symbolism I've been getting from it along with the fact the Heartless all have yellow/amber orb eyes.

As for why the Organization XIII are more human appearing than the other Nobodies; this was explained at the beginning of KH2 with Yen Sid. Apparently, those with the strongest Hearts and/or spirits were able to retain what 'mostly' they looked like by memories and such and enabled them to appear as they did and also gain some power out of it. All of the Org members had strong wills. I'll see if I can find the quotes later pertaining to it but I'm pretty sure that's how it was said. The lesser Nobodies basically just did not have the powerful wills of the Org to retain themselves more than just to relate to other Nobodies they could. Xemnas also had some ability to change Org members to Dusks as Axel was threatened with, so it could be he also kept the lesser Nobodies in that state, though it doesn't seem that likely.

13. Absol Hollow Bastion Committee

In the kingdom hearts final mix secret ending,I remember roxas's eyes being yellow when he stepped out of that rock...

14. Zandyne King's Apprentice

As Repliku stated, yellow eyes are most likely a side-effect of being tainted by the power of Darkness. Nomura also uses this a similar concept in (I believe) FF7, saying that there is a side-effect with being treated with Mako/the Lifestream mainly in addition to gaining power there is also a change of color of their eyes (I think it was to green or something lumniscent?).

15. Amber PLUR

It seems that the people I don't like have yellow eyes, and the ones i do like (or don't really care) have blue or green eyes. (Xigbar being the exception, he's cool)

16. Repliku Chaser

Yeah, in FF VII their eyes just have a brilliant glow to them. Though Sephiroth's and the 3 aspects (Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo) all had eyes that would change to cat slit eyes. I'm pretty certain that was just them as Zack in Crisis Core and others looked like they just had brilliant glowing eyes because of being in the SOLDIER program.

It is a rather common thing for Nomura to do in plots. The yellow eyes was a change from the normal 'green' eyes villains tend to have in anime etc. I do note that often though, his heroes have blue eyes as well heh.

17. Xendran Banned

the yellow eye thing is kinda coo, but with terra, i always remember his bright blue eyes.

18. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    That's a little off-topic, Xendran...

As far as this goes, I'm gonna agree with Repliku here and say that the yellow eyes is probably a side effect when the characters are tainted with darkness. It all makes sense with the characters that have yellow eyes in the game. I find it interesting that we get to see Terra's eyes actually turn yellow. What did Terra do to get yellow eyes? I'm also wondering why Riku's eyes did not turn yellow. He gave into the darkness in KH1; perhaps it was not long enough? Or maybe he didn't go far enough in? Or possibly when he WAS very far in, it wasn't really his actions? I'm not sure.

19. Roxaspartanti King's Apprentice

lol this is the most funniest thread i looked through.
    lots of heartless were just made that way, with yellow eyes.i hope that wasnt settled so i could do it.

20. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

wow... the only one I noticed that had yellow eyes was Saix... O_o

and you said his eyes turned yellow when he looked at Kingdom Hearts... right?

well... maybe kingdom hearts possesses nobodies when they look at it... >_>

because every time they see it, they seem to just focus on "collecting hearts" and nothing else...

(and notice that Roxas never looked at it in the game... and neither did Namine XP)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.