Kingdom Hearts II Yellow eyes

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Exiled, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exiled Merlin's Housekeeper

Well, no, it's not Saix in the Birth By Sleep trailer, it's Terra. And I don't think we even know what Terra is. But, as I've said before, the yellowish eyes are not a Nobody-specific thing, seeing as DiZ had yellow/orange eyes.

Anyway, I agree with most of you that replied; the yellow colored eyes are probably a symbol of darkness and I suppose we shouldn't read too much into it. Still, it's pretty interesting to me.

2. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

This is my way of seeing it: Blue Eyes= light. People with them are those who are in the light, use the light, etc. For example, even though Roxas was a nobody and had no heart, his eyes were still blue because he's related to sora, who happens to be a keyblade master who uses the power of light.

Yellow Eyes= darkness. So far, we have not seen one person who uses the power of darkness who does not have yellow eyes (disney characters dont count). Yellow eyes seem to symbolize darkness and/or going evil, although yellow doesnt seem to be a true eye color, as people who have had more normal eye colors have had their eyes change yellowish...

Theres a third on though: Green Eyes. Green eyes seem to symbolize a crossover of light and darkness (yellow+blue = green, get it?) Usually people have green eyes when they use the power of darkness and go to the side of light. Riku is a character like that, and so is Axel. Axel might have done some pretty bad things, but in the end, he did the right thing by saving sora. Maybe his heart/eyes detected this and went green early, idk...same for riku, we all know is path to redemption and such...

3. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

The yellowish eyes are blue eyes when you put the pictures in a negative.

4. Exiled Merlin's Housekeeper

Considering the post before yours, this makes sense. Light and darkness are opposites; blue and yellow are opposites. Blue plus yellow equals green, thus a mix of light and darkness. I've never thought of that before. That is truely awesome. =O

5. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Does any KH characters have green eyes?

6. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Riku and Axel. It works for them.

7. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I checked, Riku has blue eyes in every cutscene I saw... I don't know about Axel.

8. Amber PLUR

Axel is most definatly green. Trust me, my cousin used to be an Axel fangirl. I've seen more Axel cutscenes than Star Trek episodes >.<

9. */LoSt NoBodY\* Merlin's Housekeeper

I think i can explain the Xehanorts and Terra yellow eye story

Basically, Terra HAD to pull a Riku and give into the Darkness. Using Kingdom Hearts, Master Xehanort needed to use Terra's youth and power so he wanted to fuse their bodies. Terra agrees in order to save Aqua and his Frozen friend Ven. This gave birth to the Assistant looking Xehanort. then Aqua and King Mickey defeat him by using Kingdom Hearts power of light and his memory is erased.

Diz's eye color changed with the disguise for some reason

I don't know about the others though... contacts?

10. Repliku Chaser

DiZ has orange eyes. I don't think he can really be on the list.

And Riku has aquamarine or teal colored eyes. They are blue-green, not blue or green. His eyes also never changed except when he took on Xehanort's form, though in KH, you could see his eyes were beginning to glow more as he grew more connected to Darkness.

As for where Sora and Kairi's Heartless were...
    Sora was a Shadow in KH and changed back to normal by Kairi and her connection bond to him.
    Kairi did not have a Heartless because she is a Princess of Heart and so her Heart is pure and absent of Darkness apparently. Therefore no Heartless could be produced. Namine was formed by the Darkness of the Dark Keyblade used to open Sora's Heart which did have some Darkness in it. This is why there was no Heartless of Kairi's prior and it was her actual Heart that went into Sora at the Kiddy Island.

The yellow eyes does seem to show that a person has had a deep connection with Darkness. Xehanort as an apprentice had brown eyes but later shows up with more orange eyes and Riku also had the orange eyes in the form of Ansem, which I would consider possibly could be them lightening up to yellow in time. DiZ, as Ansem had orange eyes and also had them as DiZ after he crossed to Darkness so he's a quandary. I think that's just how his eyes are. Xigbar's eyes were absolute yellow as far as I recall and Terra's eyes also turned yellow. DiZ really is the one who seems to be unusual because his eyes were orange before he was corrupted by Darkness so perhaps BBS will shed some light on it.

11. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Larxene has green eyes.

Also, DiZ is one of the evilest characters in the game. He is completly consumed by regenge, and spent years in the realm of darkness. If being consumed by darkness turns your eyes orange... then DiZ does make the list.

12. Nah, she actually has blue eyes. In all the official art, manga, pictures, concept art, her eyes are blue. In the game, her shade is off...is more like turquoise blue hue, but her eyes are definitely colored blue.

Riku's eyes are definitely Aqua, Blue-green, Turquoise, etc. Axel's eyes are green, I'm not sure how anybody can miss that.

I personally think the whole yellow/gold/orange = evil, and, blue = good, only stands for the main heroes and villains surrounding it, only if there has to be symbolism. Marluxia had blue eyes, and he wasn't a angel. So did Luxord. Is hard to say at the moment with the information we have, because Xehanort, not Xemnas or Heartless Ansem, Xehanort, had brown eyes.

13. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

no hun.. they are blue...

[​IMG]

and i really don't think the color of the eye had anything to do with wehter the chareacter is evil or not. I think they were just given the color that best suited them.
    it sometimes follows the ratio of EYES:HAIR
    Green eyes stand out with red hair
    Bule is almost usually paired with blonds and brunettes
    and i'm guessing that the teal/yellow/orange/gold etc. colors stand out with any hair color. and perhaps MEGA blonds and silver haired ppl.

14. Amber PLUR

Fan art doesn't count~

[​IMG]

Those eyes be green~

15. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

but it's not fan art. =]

[​IMG]
    its signed by SE​

and as she said....

16. Amber PLUR

Well then it was concept art, but the finished version had green eyes~

17. Repliku Chaser

In the end, I don't think blue or green or any other color matters truly to say whether someone is good or bad. The yellow eyes are the obvious thing to look at here as signs of darkness taking over, or a person more giving into it. The orange as well, though in the end, DiZ/Ansem the Wise had orange eyes well before he decided to do anything of giving himself to Darkness. You can see this in the scenes of the past that have him in them when in his study confronting Xehanort and also meeting the King. It does seem odd that he had orange eyes and also Xehanort's Heartless did. Xigbar and Terra, Master Xehanort...they all had yellow eyes.

I really don't think that blue or green can be used to distinguish good or bad though and think they are just colors that are 'normal', same as brown, which Xehanort had in the beginning. Too many characters both good and bad and also neutral had both colors for it to even matter or be discerned with.

As for Larxene's color eyes, I'd also say it isn't important, whether you assume they are green or blue. I usually tend to go with the people's final decisions because that usually means there are corrections made so I'd say green, but I would not really argue strongly that they are green instead of blue, because they were blue in the earlier CoM. It doesn't really mean anything either way and we can pick and choose.

18. Cocohints "Up to now, the most discussed topic is global war

Larxene's eyes have both blue and green - Axel and Vexen have way more green from what I've seen.

About the yellow eyes, couldn't agree more. Whenever you look at them you would think heartless/darkness. It sounds like something Nomura would use, that only the fans would notice. I can't say much more as it has already been said. If anything, yellow would be the ultimate of darkness, while orange is on the edge of becoming yellow.

19. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I second that... The CoM I own, Larxene's eyes are certainly blue. Then in the Re:CoM.. they are green... well not that green as Axel's or Vexen's. Those eyes are most definitely GREEN. Larxene's eye's are a mix of both tho... its BLUE-GREEN in RE:CoM... in CoM GB version.. they be blue.

Makes sense. Eyes tell all the difference... and I also agree with Repliku on the fact wether Blue/Green/Brown eyes mean anything.. they are just the 'normal' eye colors. Almost EVERYONE has them.
    But Siax most definitely had Yellow eyes... thats would also make him the ultimate source of darkness. Even more than Xenmnas? I think he had Orange eyes.

20. The thing is, Nomura kept the color blue in his new concept art (the one where it mixes KH2 and CoM, and has all the Org. members as well as the rest of the characters), even after Re: CoM, or around it. I'm just guessing is the game itself, since the shade could be twisted in some way.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r37/fireball755/larxene.jpg
    http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/...anization XIII/number XII Larxene/larxene.jpg

Addin to anwita01's picture, I say her eyes are more aquatic blue, yet still blue.

And yeah, it doesn't really matter xP, but since I seriously love her, I'd want to know what the true deal finally concludes, since I do describe her in writing. But..oh fine -_-.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.