Yet another crush thread.

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Advent, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Hello, KH-V denizens, I come to you in an hour of dire need. Or something. Basically, I have a not-so-average situation with a girl, and I wanna know what you guys think about it.

I befriended this girl (let's call her Rose) at college at the beginning of this spring semester. We had a class together the previous semester, but didn't really start talking until we had a project to do together. Ever since we've been pretty good friends, hanging out at my apartment a lot and talking a fair amount. We have a lot of views on life in common and I'm really good at making her laugh. We had become such fast friends that she went as far as to ask if she could move in with me and my all-male roommates next semester (though she eventually decided to move in with one of our mutual female friends). Not-so-slowly but surely, I developed a pretty big crush on her. Definitely worth noting, though, I had also recently broken up with my girlfriend of three years, and Rose knew about that. Anyway, about two months into our friendship, my roommates as well as a different mutual female friend all really thought that Rose had a thing for me. One night, while walking her home from my apartment as I always do, I asked her out. However, I worded it horribly, and this train wreck is where the complication of this complication story comes from.

Me: Hey, Rose, are you free this weekend?
    Rose: I think I am, why?
    Me: Well, I was wondering if you'd want to go out with me this weekend?

Rose: Yeah, sure! I just gotta make sure I'll be on campus; I'll let you know!

Once I got back to my apartment, we started talking about a b!tch of a test we had in class the next day. Shortly after, she sent me this:

"Hey, when you said, 'go out with you' you didn't mean 'in a relationship' going out, did you? I don't really want a boyfriend right now. It's really noting to do with you. If that's not what you meant, I'm sorry if I made things awkward."

I assumed she was just giving me the whole, "it's not you, it's me" speech and that she wasn't interested, so I decided to reply, "Oh, nah, I just meant hangout as friends! No awkwardness at all, don't worry!" to which she replied just as excitedly as before when we were talking in person, saying she'd let me know if she was free. My roommates and other friends have told me that I should have stuck to my guns and not backpedaled like that, and I've regretted my choice ever since. But still, throughout the rest of the semester, we were just as good friends as we had always been, though we talked a bit less towards the end when finals started up, but hey, sh!t happens. One more thing that might be significant: towards the end of the semester, I admitted to our mutual female friend that I still have a big crush on Rose.

Flash forward to the end of last month. I deactivated my Facebook so I could focus on studying for the MCAT. The day after I deactivate my profile, I get the first text from Rose since school let out earlier that month. "YOU DON'T HAVE A FACEBOOK ANYMORE?!" right down to the capslock shouting. We've texted everyday since, sometimes with me starting the conversation, sometimes with her. A lot of the time it's about how she's doing in her summer course, or asking for help with her summer course work (a subject that she knows I like a lot and am really good at). A good amount of the time she'll text me randomly about stuff that seems to serve no other purpose than to get me to talk to her. (Something like "Wow, my local college's library is so much bigger than the one at our school!")

And that brings us to today. I guess my question is, is there a chance that she might be interested in being more than friends? Should I ask her out when I see her next semester if we're still as close as we are now? Thanks for powering through this mammoth of a story. Much obliged!

2. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Honestly I feel like you do have a shot, or at least you may have had one at one point. This could very well be a case of not having made your move soon enough. Maybe she initially did want something more with you but as time passed she decided you were a good friend and likes it that way now. Still, though, it's worth a shot. Keeping talking to her and being her friend, but try feeling out the situation and try to get as much out of her as you can about whether or not she's into anyone and if you think you have a shot take it.

3. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

there is a possibility that she will have a relationship with u, u just need to wait a little longer; she is on the phase where she is thinking about u and she dont no what to do, so she rejected u because she never imagine u n her being together, so u have to spend more time with her and get to no her more n her to u.

4. jafar custom title

Just stick it out a bit longer, but don't get all hung up on her. If she's really not interested in a relationship, you're gonna have to move on eventually. But maybe it's a momentary thing and she's got her own reasons for it. She might actually see you as more than a friend, but there could be something that's keeping her from going forward with it. Don't give up yet, but just be ready to move on if it's something she's not willing to go through with.

5. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Hmm, well what would a subtle way of getting that kind of information out of her? I was in a very much long-term relationship until recently, so I'm, to say the least, a bit out of my game.

Yeah, seems like at least a little more patience is going to be necessary. I'm really kinda pathetic; of course I'm not in love with this girl, but I'm as close to it as you reasonably can be without getting to know her on a more intimate level.

6. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Basically just ask her jokingly or if you her texting somebody a lot when she's with you just be like "Who's that you're texting, secret lover or something?"

I mean that's how I go about things sometimes...but I'm not a very serious person anyway so I can get away with things like that easily.