Yooka-Laylee

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Apr 30, 2015.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[​IMG]

First announced and discussed as Project Ukulele, Yooka-Layleee is a 3D platformer with an emphasis on item collecting. Created by Playtonic Games, a company made up almost entirely of former Rare employees, the game serves as a spiritual successor to the beloved Banjo-Kazooie series. Yooka, the chameleon, can roll to attack enemies, while Laylee, the wisecracking bat, can lift Yooka and fly both characters across wide spaces.

The game is being funded through Kickstarter. The goal of £175,000 will yield releases for PC, Mac, and Linux, while Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Wii U releases will be added at the stretch goal of £1,000,000. The current estimated release is October 2016. Check out the official website here.

EDIT: And in only thirty-eight minutes, the game is officially funded!
    EDIT 2: Last night the game blew past £1,000,000, which means the game will release on all listed platforms on day one! New stretch goals have been added, though I don't know how they're going to keep thinking of stretch goals at the rate the Kickstarter is going.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

The first new stretch goal as already been funded:

Capture.JPG

Though I do hope they get more creative with their stretch goals instead of doing something like a LP.

3. libregkd -

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Attached Files:

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

This was actually announced a few days ago, but as the Kickstarter achieved the orchestral score stretch goal, the newest goal is as follows:

[​IMG]

6. Arch Mana Knight

More than a year since this was last posted in. Strange. Well I haven't kept up with this game but apparently it's been delayed until Q1 2017. But hey, new trailer.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[​IMG]

Yooka-Laylee will launch on April 11 for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Mac, and Linux in physical and digital formats! Preordering the game for PC, XB1, or PS4 will grant you an instant unlock of the Yooka-Laylee Toybox!

The game has been cancelled for the Wii U, but will be coming to the Nintendo Switch.

More info can be found here.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  8. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Image no work. NICE ONE

Too bad I can't play the Toybox on X1. I'd probably preorder tbh. It looks wonderful and WHERE ELSE AM I GONNA GET A 3D PLATFORMER?!?!?

Seriously.

Where.

Send help.

9. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

This has me more hype than a AAA has in years.

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

It's been a sec since it was announced, but a new game in the series, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, launches for all major platforms on October 8! This one's a 2D platformer with an explorable top-down overworld between 2D levels. The villain, Capital B, sets himself up in the titular Impossible Lair after wresting control of the Stingdom's Beetallion, and players can challenge the Lair from the get-go—but it's called the Impossible Lair for a reason. However, playing through the overworld and the 2D levels will see players rescue members of the Beetallion, who will serve as shields for Yooka and Laylee in the Lair.

11. avensis Merlin's Housekeeper

So the first one was spiritually banjo kazooie. The second one is spiritually donkey Kong country. I like it.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022