Kingdom Hearts II You Don't Belong to the Dark Realm Anymore Riku!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by A Zebra, Apr 7, 2013.

1. A Zebra Chaser

So why can he use all of his darkness abilities and still have a connection with Ansem
    He literally only lost the ability to open dark corridors, which wasn't even an ability exclusive to darkness users in the first place.

2. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Because Ansem's love for children is stronger than any light.

3. 61 No. B

Because darkness is cool, yo.

I don't know though, Riku's entire character is about his struggle between light and darkness. He contrasts Sora who is only capable of light.
    If he wasn't able to use darkness in some form he wouldn't even be a worthwhile character.

There is probably some explanation, but I for one don't care. If you begin to dig too deep in KH you'll realize nothing at all makes sense, so I just take it for what it is.

4. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

I think it's meant more that Riku is no longer being controlled by the darkness, but instead has control over his darkness. Meaning he can utilize the darkness how he wants too, without being possessed or influenced by it.

5. A Zebra Chaser

When Mickey says those lines, he's talking about how Riku lost the ability to make dark corridors

6. Krowley Moderator

I always assumed Riku had conquered the darkness within himself. A lot of his journey, he was asked if he wanted to walk the road to light or darkness. In chain of memories, he states that he wants to walk the road to dawn, finding a strong medium in between the two while still struggling with darkness. After the events of Kingdom Hearts 2, we see that the darkness no longer controls him when he can no longer summon a dark corridor to escape. Not sure if this was for plot purposes or the darkness in his heart being tamed beyond traveling through darkness itself, but Riku had still managed to keep along his path to dawn and find a compromise between the two paths he was offered on his journey.

7. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

This.

Explained way better than I did, but pretty much what I was getting at.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Well, we know that from what Mickey said, Riku couldn't accept the fact about his own darkness, and he was scared of it, or more so scared of what it'd do to him. He blindfolded himself because he couldn't lie to himself, so he didn't want to see the truth. When he removed the blindfold he let lose his darkness because he became what he was trying to hide. Once Ansem's machine blew up, I'm thinking he could still use his darkness, but it didn't have as strong as hold, especially since he was close to accepting it as his own....in a sense. When Mickey said he didn't belong to the Dark Realm, it was because he literally didn't belong in the dark realm, like his earlier form as being Ansem was.

This is all an assumption on my part through, so don't quote me on it

9. Indecypher Destiny Islands Resident

I'd say Gameplay and Story segregation, but Ansem SoD ruins that. And so I dunno.

10. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Wait, so who's a non-dark user who makes dark corridors? Only ones I can think of are Org. members, Xehanorts, and DiZ.

Either way, maybe it's a higher-level dark power that he lost when he, er... de-Ansem'd, for lack of a better term.

11. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

Lea can still use them. He is now a good guy, but at the same time is against the Org13 and everything, but can still use dark corridors. dunno if that means hes still got darkness in him, but i dont think he ever used any dark energy or had the ability to manipulate the darkness.

but anyway i always kinda wondered that myself, Riku has all dark type exclusive moves and abilities, but unable to use dark corridors, or maybe he just refuses to because hes afraid to fall to the darkness again.

12. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Hardcore speculation rn, but maybe it's like when Zuko lost his firebending after joining the Avatar. Like... you can't make a dark corridor if the dark doesn't have a hold on you, or if you're afraid to, or something like that. Like maybe it's an emotional thing, and not just to do with your affinity. I'unno. Just throwin' it out there.

13. A Zebra Chaser

Yeah, maybe, though that makes me wonder about Roxas, and what does that imply about Lea?

14. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Interesting question in Roxas's case, but since the only people he really knew at first were in the Organization, and they did it all the time, it probably seemed much more casual to him. The Organization in general is what makes me think the ability is influenced by factors besides the darkness, since it wasn't interested in them at all, for lack of hearts.

In Axel's case, he's just
    [​IMG]

15. A Zebra Chaser

But what about Lea? :P
    But yeah, I'd chalk Roxas up to just not knowing any better

16. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I've been confused on that point in the past to. Before that in KH anyone could do it if they new how. The issue was with the fact that the darkness eats at your heart. The Organization, being Nobodies, just went "So we get to do it free right? Cool I'll take it" My two minor theories are 1) There might be some elasticity to it. So having just been purified by the machine there was a period before he could snap back and use dark powers. Or 2) That he had spent so long in the SoD form, using Ansem's darkness, that he wasn't used to using his own. And both would be weak to boot.

The conflict with SoD again in 3D has a lot to do with being in the realm of sleep, and I don't think that is one that will ever fully go away.

17. Light-Rune Maven Seer

I thought it was just that it was only the dark realm that he couldn't control anymore, and that the darkness he was using after that was his own.

Mickey said: "Your darkness belongs to you! The same way your light does."

So that was my theory.

18. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Ooh, good insight. That just might be it. He may have just not noticed at first that he wasn't connected to it the way he had been. That'd explain why the Org. can all tap into it, too: They have no darkness of their own, but they'd have no qualms about borrowing some from the motherland, so to speak.

19. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Thanks! I've been told I can be rather insightful, but I don't always believe that...
    The few friends I can talk too about KH also say that I bring up many good points in my analysis. Anyway, glad I could clear things up a little.

20. Sara Tea Drinker

I think it's that he's controlled the darkness. He can use it and manipulate it anyway he wants. He might not be able to use dark corridors anymore because it's too much dark for him to be able to use now that he has more light in him. But he's found a balance between the two finally instead of using mostly the powers of darkness.