Dream Drop Distance Young Master Xehanort question...

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Cyraina, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Cyraina Guest

How do you think Master Xehanort is able to appear as a young man in Dream Drop Distance? He was old when he gave up his body and took Terra's, so how does he appear young again? What do you guys think?

2. Rhiscx Banned

Yay theory time!!!!

Well the whole thing is some form of training/dream simulation. And indirectly Xehanort has affected both Sora's and Riku's fates as Keyblade wielders. Prehaps it is showing young Xehanort as a form of foreshadowing of his return. Or to show how long he has affected their lives. After all, he was the first inhabitance of Destiny Islands to have escaped causing Riku to the same when he got older.

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Maybe it's because he turned back into Xehanort (Terranort without his memories). We all saw that he originally looked like that... to some extent anyway. The Organization cloak is new, but he could've picked that up from Braig or another former member.

4. SuperHodzic Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't think it's young Xehanort but a younger version of Xehanort/Terra or a younger Ansem SoD. We've already seen young Xehanort and his skin is white.

[​IMG]

They have the same exact hair. This is quite puzzling.

5. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

They also show Lea,Ienzo and Aeleus so if they're there then Terranort must be too, not master xehanort when he was young.

6. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

Already had this theory. Yes, it is, and if I'm still right, young Xenahort, who (I believe was shown in the end of the 3-D trailer) is the mysterious figure from BBS. It adds up, and it just fits.

7. Rhiscx Banned

That actually isn't bad. Xehanort having the power to time travel. But why to that exact place to fight Terra, Ven, and Aqua? Why travel forwards in time and not backwards?

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

This. Also, if Master Xehanort could time travel, why wouldn't he go back and change the past so he could nab the X-blade as the great Keyblade War RAAAAAAGED?

9. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

I don't think it not do much as time travel, as to say, perhaps a good sparring. I don't think Xenahort knew about the almighty x-blade until he got older, and we still haven't seen everything he can do. It's said when you beat the figure, it heads towards the castle in The Land Of Departure. But, to get to the technical nitty gritty, the Mysterious Figure has a body build similar to Saix. The younger Xenahort(or Terra-nort) has a very similar build. Perhaps they're one in the same.

10. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I'm going to stop you there. It is not a simulation, or a dream, or both. They are going to "sleeping" worlds that didn't react when they worlds were restored.

Anyway, something really doesn't seem to add up here. Yes, it looks like young Xehanort, but it seems that this Xehanort is even younger than the one that appears in BBS. Additionally, something about his face just looks off. Here's the model from BBS, turned so that you can see the face.
    [​IMG]

And here's Pre?BBS Xehanort:
    [​IMG]

Something just seems not quite right there, don't you think?

11. Arch Mana Knight

It's just the lighting, the fact that he's wearing different clothes, and the fact that he's actually moving around and speaking other than being a character model we're only supposed to see from the back. It's cool to see young Xehanort back in action.

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

This. Plus, both Sora and Riku in their new looks seem to look younger to me, especially in the face. I think it's just the different graphics of the 3DS.

13. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

They seem to the the same person, a slight change in appearance (maybe just me).

14. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

You have a point there. I'm noticing his clothing in that picture. It looks like something a young MX might have worn. The black coat thing doesn't bother me. Even before the events of BBS, he knew about using the org coats. He probably either made that one or got it from wherever they keep them in Radiant Garden. What bothers and interests me isnt the young Terranort, but Vanitas next to him. That may be why he's so young. He might have fused with the Lingering Spirit of him and gained his youth.

15. ygorvaz Destiny Islands Resident

I think this is xehanort. Because in the end of the thrailer he says: "you too have hearts confined inside yours". And he reaally looks like the younger xehanort that appears in the very beggining of BBS. For me, Mysterious Figure of BBS is the Nobody of Xehanort created when he stole Terra's Body. Since Xemnas and the MF use etheral blades, you can see that there is a link.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Also, I forgot to put it here. In KH DDD they are going to sleeping worlds, but that does not mean that everything there is normal. The world is in a dream like state, so if a eve younger xehanort appeared in the world it would not be a problem, it is all a dream.

16. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

You may have something there. I still like the idea of absorbing Vanitas. It would make some sense if the dream thing isn't the case.

17. ygorvaz Destiny Islands Resident

For me, the idea of he absorving Vanitas doesn't make sense, since Ventus destroyed him, and this is the motive for why he is with his heart broken. But, yeah, everything can happen. But, if you actually fight him in the game, THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I haven't played BBS, but didn't Ventus defeat Vanitas inside his own heart? If that's the case, then Vanitas may have somehow stayed inside Ven's heart and when Sora absorbed Ven's heart, he ended up with traces of Vanitas by extension.

19. Arch Mana Knight

Vanitas was originally part of Ventus though. He'd have to go back to Ventus. Maybe since Xehanort let Vanitas get stronger he was able to get enough influence to be more than just a part of Ven? Or Nomura could just say, "No. Dream world, anything is possible. DEAL WITH IT."

20. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Yeah. Ventus and Vanitas had their last fight within their own heart. Ventus defeated him and "took back the part that had been lost" so there's a good chnce that Vanitas may just be sleeping inside his heart. I mean, all hearts are made up of darkness and light, but with Ven and Vanitas, MX split them up into two seperate beings, causing the dark part of Ven's heart to gain a will of it's own. Vanitas could still be there, just hidden in a state of sleep like Ventus.